Bonus Chapter- Fall leaves and vibrant smiles

Bang MinSoo


 

Kyungsoo takes it upon himself to plan the date. He knows the others barely have time off work and school, so, why not, he thought. It’s been a while and wants to go at a pumpkin patch with his loves. 

 

It’s a Saturday and he knows the others won’t wake up until closer to afternoon.

So he wakes up earlier, prepares some bento boxes and some hot tea. 

Around 7:00 am, he pads to the room they all share, leans down, to Yongguk, as he sleeps near the edge closer to the door. 

He smiles, moves the hair from his eyes and gives Yongguk a soft kiss on the forehead. The boy stirs, whining a bit and clutching the covers closer to his body.

Kyungsoo chuckles. 

“Hey, babe. Wake up.” He shakes him.

A mumble comes from one of the others, Minsoo maybe? 

Kyungsoo stands and humms. “ Can you all wake up? I have a date planned for us.”

He hears more humming but no sign of getting up.  He huffs. 

“babe? Baby?” He shakes Yongguk, pouting as he does so. 

“Soo babe, it’s too early for this.” Yongguk mumbles, now his head almost under the red and white covers. Minseok snuggles closer to Yongguk, sighing into Yongguk’s back. 

 

He tries again. Alluring them with food, coffee and what not, but nothing. 

“It isn’t too early.” He says to himself. He sighs, takes a deep breath and goes out the room. 

He bites his lips as he stand in front of the lunch bag full of bento boxes on kitchen counter, his hands placed upon the marble counter as well. He pushes it aside, closes his eyes and tries to get those unwanted thoughts out. It wasn’t like that, he tries to tell himself. It’s just too early, that’s all. 

Getting to the patch would take about an hour and a half and he wanted them to enjoy and relax. But maybe sleeping in and snuggling with the lovers was much better. 

It’s freezing anyways. 

 

He puts on his fall boots, long black coat and the scarf that Yongguk always wears (he takes a whif and he huffs, thinking of the failed date plan) and heads out. He needed some fresh air. 

 

He walks around the neighborhood, feet’s kicking pebbles and shuffling in the colorful leaves of the fall. 

His neighborhood was lively, and it wasn’t unusual to get greeting from here and there from some of the neighbors. 

He sees children playing at the small neighborhood park, laughing as they run around and falls in the pile of leaves. 

He watches them for a while, smiling, laughing and cheering them in their game of tag. 

 

The tightness of his chest ease up, opening a little, making him smile. 

He shakes his head. He knows, maybe he should have told them so they could’ve been ready. Surprises aren’t always the best option, he thought. 

 

He stops at a cafe, ordering a small hot chocolate with whipped cream and caramel, just as he likes. 

The colorful decorations of leaves, pumpkins and the fall music brings back that bitter taste and he almost, almost spits out his drink. 

He didn’t want to think about it, didn’t want his chest to tighten up again. Over that, that little thing.

His loves didn’t deserve his emotional outbursts. 

He finishes his hot chocolate and throws the cup away. He walks out the door, the cashier calling out a thank you and come back again. 

He pulls the scarf closer, diggs his boots on the pavement and decides to head back. 

He couldn’t wor.... he heads back. 

 

Minseok is putting on his jacket when Kyungsoo enters through their house. He stops midway, one arm in and the other almost. Kyungsoo furrows his brows, looking Minseok up and down. 

Minseok is got on his black sneakers, a hat and his jacket midway, only a short sleeved top on. 

‘I thought it was too early.’ Kyungsoo bites his tongue, says instead. “Dress warmly, it’s quiet cold outside.” 

Kyungsoo pushes the door close just so he can get in and be out of Minseok’s way. 

He leans to take his boots off as Minseok says. 

“Kyungsoo?” Kyungsoo doesn’t answer. There’s a hand on his shoulders, pressing firmly. “Hey?”

He looks at Minseok, who looks worried. 

“I was coming to look for you. I was worried.”

“I’m fine. Was just taking a walk.”

Minseok nods. Helping Kyungsoo take his coat off. 

“Kyungsoo.” Minseok pulls him into a hug, his small arms wrapping around Kyungsoo, holding him tight and Kyungsoo can’t help the lone tear that falls. Minseok kisses his cheek, kisses his lips and whispers an, “ I’m sorry, I’m sorry we hurt you.”

He gives in and buries his head in the crook of Minseok’s neck, inhaling that familiar smell of coffee and things Kyungsoo can’t name of top his head. He sniffles.

“I.. I just wanted to make you guys happy.” Oh. 

“I know, babe, I know. And we’re such jerks for not seeing that. For ignoring that love of yours for us.”

There’s a voice behind Minseok and Kyungsoo know he shouldn’t, but he makes himself smaller, pulls on Minseok’s jacket and avoids Yongguk’s gaze. 

But there’s bigger hands on his head, going up and down, the warmth of his body mixing in with Minseok’s. 

“I’m sorry love. Soo, babe, please look at me. Please.”

It takes a few sniffles and a few hidden hands wiping his own face before he faces Yongguk, Minseok’s hands still wrapped around him. 

Yongguk kisses him, kisses him open and wide, running his lips against Kyungsoo’s and Kyungsoo falters, his fingers slipping from Minseok’s jacket. and tasting Yongguk. Yongguk who pulls on his lips with his own, Yongguk who holds his back even though Minseok is already doing it. 

He gasps, his chest tightening, looking for air and he pushes Yongguk away, just enough to breath but close enough to still feel his loves breath fanning his face as Yongguk huffs for air as well. 

Yongguk puts their forehead together. 

“You did it for me, didn’t you? That’s why you woke me up first.” Yongguk slips their hands together, intertwining their fingers, feeling warm. “Forgive me.” He kisses his lips.

 Kyungsoo nods, hands clasped together while Minseok’s warm hands rubs up and down his back.

 

Later on at 9:00, they climb their red Nissan, Kyungsoo snuggles on Yongguk and Minsoo on the other side of him. Leaning on him as he snores away. Kyungsoo shakes his head and chuckles.

 

Minseok huffs from where he seats on drivers side, adjusting the mirror. 

“I can’t believe y’all left me alone here.”

He makes eye contact with Kyungsoo, who gives him a wide smile as he leans on Yongguk. Who sticks his tongue out. Minseok gasp. “I guess this is what I get for being such a great driver.”

 

“We love Minnie.” Minsoo piped up, the heavy sleep in his voice sending the other three into laughter. 

 

 

The pumpkin patch is filled with so many people, Kyungsoo’s mouth opens in awe, his eyes looking around at all those orange pumpkins.

“Look at this! This is so beautiful.”

Yongguk comes to his side, Minsoo on ther other side, his hands slipping through Kyungsoo’s. And Minseok catches up, sliding next to Minsoo. 

He gives Kyungsoo his toothy, crooked smile, and Kyungsoo nods. Silently, watching and loving.

Yongguk’s hand slides on his waist, pulling Kyungsoo closer and he kisses him on the temple.

“Thank you for this. It looks awesome already.”

Kyungsoo gives him a peck on the lips. 

 

They play in the piles of leaves, takes tons and tons of pictures, curtesy of Minseok and his apparently new photography skills. 

They laugh and chase each other around, hearts full and open all at the same time.

They find a place under one of the big tree, it’s oranges, yellow and reddish brown leaves beautiful, adding to the happiness Kyungsoo was already filled with.

“Mmmh babe, your food is to die for.” Minsoo says, head falling back and spoon between his lips. The other laughs, nodding their heads. 

He blushes. “Anything for you my love.”

“We love you, Kyungie. Thank you for planning this.” Minseok give him a kiss, smiling at him before eating from his own bento box.

Yongguk’s gummy smile, does something to Kyungsoo’s heart, always has. Kyungsoo melt, falls all over for him again and there’s a comment from Minsoo, something like “huh whipped.”

And Kyungsoo slaps him on the knee, Minseok laughing and Yongguk as well.

“Like you aren’t.”

Minsoo shrugs. “Never said I wasn’t.” He laughs, leaning on Minseok, opening his mouth to be fed. And Minseok does so with no hesitation. Always has. 

“I’m whipped for you all. That’s not new.” He blushes, wills himself to look at each of them. Makes sure they know. Make sure they engrave it deep in their hearts, makes sure they never have to worry about his love for them. 

And Yongguk pulls him closer by the waist, kisses his temple, lingers. As he always has done. 

“You don’t ever have to question it as well. Even when we groan and wants to stay in for a bit. Don’t eve question it. We love you. We love you so so much.”

He nods, Minseok scooting closer, Minsoo in tow. 

Their smile vibrant, colorful like the leaves and Kyungsoo’s smile deeper, making that heart-ish shape. It’s genuine, the love raw, as it has always been. 

As it will always be. 


 

 

 

 

:)

Here's more of my Bang Minsoo babies ^.^