Advice

The Prince and the Pauper

Ryeowook watched Zhou Mi proudly as he watched him get faster at making coffee. It was a normal day at the coffee shop, which meant that they had a quiet few hours; and that's what was happening at that moment. There was only the occasional order, so Zhou Mi had a chance to take his time practising by doing them. 

"3 shots of coffee is the button on the bottom right, isn't it?" he asked Ryeowook, who nodded once with an "mmm". The pair watched the fine coffee pour into the silver pot, ready to be transferred to the cup. 

"You're getting the hang of this," Ryeowook commented as Zhou Mi did the rest on his own, even managing to get the milk at the right temperature with a thick layer of froth on the top. 

"Thanks!" Zhou Mi beamed, producing some simple coffee art using a stencil over the frothy milk and dusting powder over it to make the shape of a leaf. He put the coffee on the counter to be taken to the customer and smiled proudly at his work. 

"We have a break now, so how about you make us some coffee and join me on the sofa table in the corner?" Ryeowook suggested, glancing to the clock. 

"Sure, what do you want?" Zhou Mi asked. 

"Caramel latte please, two shots and plenty of froth," Ryeowook called as he walked off towards the sofa and got his phone out to check social media and emails. 

Zhou Mi made the coffee on his own with his new set of skills that had been taught to him by Ryeowook; producing a perfect latte and a white americano for himself. 

"Here you go," he said, placing the latte in front of Ryeowook who then put his phone down on the table. 

"Thank you, it looks perfect! Couldn't do better myself...well, I could, but it's amazing for such a short time training," he laughed. Zhou Mi laughed too, taking a sip of his own coffee. 

"So, I never asked," Ryeowook began, "you must be from China, right? Given the name and the slight accent." 

"I am, but I've lived over here for quite a while now," Zhou Mi smiled. 

"I can tell, your Korean is almost native sounding," Ryeowook complimented. Zhou Mi laughed lightly. 

"Well thank you, it's a shame I've been here for so long already and we've only just become friends, it would have been nice to meet you ages ago!" Zhou Mi sighed. 

"Yeah I know right?" Ryeowook agreed, sipping his latte before wiping away the frothy milk above his top lip. 

"Zhou Mi, can I ask you for some advice? I get a vibe from you that you're good with advice," he asked. 

"Ah how did you know? I love giving advice, go ahead," he smiled invitingly, prompting Ryeowook to ask freely. 

"Well, you know my friend Kyuhyun?" Ryeowook asked. 

"Yeah," Zhou Mi acknowledged. 

"We kissed," Ryeowook said quickly, getting it out there while he still had the guts to do so. Zhou Mi paused for a second to think before nodding slowly. 

"What lead to that happening?" he asked. 

"I was drunk, so I kissed him once then pretended to be asleep, then he kissed me once, and then I kissed him again and we kissed properly..." Ryeowook admitted, waiting for what felt like minutes for Zhou Mi to respond but was actually about 5 seconds. 

"Are you gay?" he asked. 

"I don't know," Ryeowook responded. 

"Is Kyuhyun?" 

"I don't know, I don't think even he knows." 

"So this is a great opportunity for you both to find out?" Zhou Mi suggested. 

"Good point...but what do I do? He told me the kiss was cute. Should I ask him out? Or is that weird?" Ryeowook rambled. 

"How about us 3 hang out tonight, I'll observe you and Kyuhyun, and tell you if I think you guys have chemistry," Zhou Mi giggled, happy with his idea. He could put his matchmaking skills to use for once. 

Ryeowook thought for a moment. Zhou Mi observing if he and Kyuhyun had chemistry? I guess it could work. The view of an onlooker is always valuable as it's completely different to the participant's view. This could definitely work. 

"Okay, lets do that, I'll text Kyuhyun and ask." 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Kyu, this is Zhou Mi," Ryeowook introduced, presenting his tall friend to Kyuhyun. 

"I'm Kyuhyun! Are you from China?" he asked. 

"I am," Zhou Mi confirmed, nodding. 

"Oh cool, I speak Chinese well," Kyuhyun commented, not exactly wanting to brag, but at the same time feeling proud of his Mandarin skills for once. 

"Ah wow! That's really cool," Zhou Mi replied in Mandarin, Kyuhyun instantly understanding and replying with "thank you," in Mandarin. 

"I literally only understood 'wow' and 'thank you'," Ryeowook chirped in, "Kyu I never knew you spoke Mandarin?" he said in a questioning tone. Kyuhyun just nodded with pride and sat down in the booth of the bar that they'd found themselves in. 

"So," Ryeowook began, sitting down with him followed by Zhou Mi sitting opposite the pair so that he had the best vantage point for observing them. 

"So you guys met that time Ryeowook tripped over in front of all your business people, right?" Zhou Mi asked, directing it at Kyuhyun who started laughing, Ryeowook just looked at the floor; face feeling flushed and hot. 

"Ah sorry Wookie," Kyuhyun cooed, putting his arm around Ryeowook but still laughing a little. 

"It wasn't funny," Ryeowook snapped. 

"No it wasn't," Kyuhyun said seriously, but giving up his serious facade and laughing again. 

"Hey!" Ryeowook complained, playfully hitting Kyuhyun. 

"Okay okay, I'm sorry," Kyuhyun laughed more as Ryeowook hit him on the arm. 

Zhou Mi smirked at the pair of them before glancing at the clock, mentally noting that it had only been 5 minutes and he already saw the chemistry between them. 

"Well if it wasn't for that day; we wouldn't have met," Kyuhyun pointed out, which Ryeowook did have to agree to because it was true. If he hadn't screwed up like that then he would have just been another one of the waiters and Kyuhyun wouldn't have recognised him when he came to the coffee shop the next time. 

"My act of clumsiness definitely stuck with you didn't it?" Ryeowook sighed, earning a 'yup!' from Kyuhyun. 

"I'll go get some drinks, but not too much because Ryeowook always gets drunk," Kyuhyun informed Zhou Mi. 

"I'll help make sure he doesn't drink too much tonight," Zhou Mi laughed. Kyuhyun left the table to get soju, Zhou Mi watched him leave to make sure he was far enough away before turning to Ryeowook and smiling wide, slamming his hands happily onto the table. 

"Oh my god," he breathed, "you guys are perfect together." 

"What? Really?" Ryeowook looked taken back. 

"Yes! Ask him on a date, I'll help you figure out how tomorrow at work then you can text him," Zhou Mi chimed, excited at the thought of Ryeowook and Kyuhyun going on a date. 

"Okay," Ryeowook replied nervously, terrified of asking him on a date. What if he said no? Or told Ryeowook that he was getting the wrong idea? What if he thought Ryeowook was weird? What if Kyuhyun was actually straight and sure of that? 

"It'll be fine, I'll help you with what to write, and you guys are going to go on a date!" Zhou Mi squealed. 

"Okay, I-" 

"Can I come to the wedding?" 

"What?!" Ryeowook exclaimed. 

"How many kids are you going to adopt?"

"Oh my god, Zhou Mi, stop, you're getting way ahead of yourself here!!" 

"It's exciting!" Zhou Mi defended. 

"Kyuhyun's coming back, shut up!" Ryeowook laughed, smiling at Kyuhyun as if to say nothing is going on. 

"What's going on?" he inevitably asked. 

"Nothing," Ryeowook and Zhou Mi said in unison, looking too suspicious, causing Kyuhyun to raise an eyebrow at the two of them. 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hey guys! I'm back!

Yes, my dad is home; thank you all so much for the lovely comments oh my gosh <3

I know this chapter is short but I've been busy taking care of him and just spending time with him to make up for the time he was in hospital because I only visited him twice! >.< But next chapter will be up soon as usual, and it'll be Ryeowook and Kyuhyun's date!;) Wonder how that'll go...you'll have to wait a bit, see you all soon!;D