Perfect; 1

Sebeuntin One Stop Oneshots

Perfect

In which an unexpected meeting leads you to a new door –a glimpse of heaven, hell, and everything in between as you stare back at a certain someone’s orbs

 

Meeting Wonwoo was pure luck. Seeing him once, twice more afterwards could’ve also been coincidence. But when he took your hand in his, you realize it was so much more than a chance. And you really can’t help but fall for his silly antics, his dorky self and his sweet kisses. On the other side, falling in love was never in his agenda, and he isn’t one to go back on his words.

 

Mingyu was currently sprawled like a sizzling pancake on my bed, shuffling and rolling around like the little puppy he is. It was Friday night, one of the infamous bother-your-best-friend days in his schedule (he really does have it).

“I’m seeing this guy tonight, wanna come?” he asked, flipping some random magazines mindlessly.

“Whoa, aren’t you fast?” I joked, combing my hair with my fingers in the process –not even sparing a glance at him.

“Yah, you got me all wrong! I mean… I’m going to see this guy-” Mingyu quickly explained as he jumped over to the other side of the bed, shaking my shoulders like a cute, pouty toddler.

“Yeah, I totally get your point!” I cut him off, laugh bubbling at the tip of my throat, happy to bully him like always.

“Oh shut up with your gay jokes, will you?” Mingyu glared, fire burning under his vengeful eyes.

Nothing big happened, really, he just made a bad choice by actually voicing out his opinion for once, telling me I should’ve gone with the black skirt rather than the navy blue one I intended on wearing.

“Alright, alright,” I caved, “…but it’s totally funny!” I said as I laughed maniacally once more.

“Is not.” He denied, giving me a not satisfied look.

“It is.” I said, matter-of-factly.

“Is not.” His stare turned into a ferocious one but I didn’t step back one bit.

“IT IS.” I emphasized.

“IS NOT, GOD, WHY DID I EVEN –URGH!” Mingyu yelled in frustration.

“It is okay, my friend, my ears and shoulders are all yours, so cry your gay heart out as loud as you want.”

“Just kill me already.” He deadpanned, and if I wasn’t already about to suffer from some sort of endless laughing disorder then, he decided he’d make it happen for real by tickling me mercilessly.

 

The guy he was ‘seeing’, is apparently an underground rapper, performing from one club to another –currently a talk of this town. He doesn’t have an alias and thus goes by his real name as well, which is kind of rare, but somehow I find it cute.

Rumor has it he’s wanted by Korea’s biggest talent agencies, but who knows?

The chilly night air breeze made me pull my denim jacket tighter around me. Mingyu jumped up and down on his two feet as I watched him skip eagerly, laughing so hard until no sound comes out at the sight before me –a 185 cm tall fanboy.

We passed the bouncer quite easily and soon the atmosphere of a crowded, wild club welcomed me.

“This is it!” Mingyu squeaked in a not-so-manly way. Taken aback, I made a beeline to the center of the nightlife. “Yah! Where do you think you are going without me?”

 

“Sup everyone.” Another voice, this one lower and huskier than Mingyu’s greeted the room, and my eyes soon fell on the owner of the voice, a rather handsome guy standing straight on stage, getting me hypnotized even from his introduction.

He was wearing a simple combination of a hoodie and a pair of jeans, but he made it look worth a million bucks, with his mysterious dark eyes and his jet black hair.

I watched him calmly preparing himself.

A true performer, I noticed.

No fancy earpieces, nor did he bring any pre-recorded tape.

It was just him, standing on stage with a mere cheap mic the club provided –his aura seemed connected to the audience on so many levels either way.

“The name’s Wonwoo. I’m gonna start soon, and uh, here I go.”

“Seolleneun deuthae hyeonsiljeogin maltu

munja hanaro mildangeul hae

millyeosseo banggeum

millyeo nal ttaen jeongsin mot charigi manhae

niga danggil ttaedo jeongsin eopsi hebeolle

That’s right ki chaineun ttak isangjeogigo

neorang duri ganeun banghyangman

majeum gachi geotgo bal matge georeum

bandaepyeoneseo majuchyeoitdeon

sinhodeung araeseo

ip majchuneun geoe daehae neoneun eottae?”

What… was that?

I found myself drowned in something I’ve never heard about.

His voice sounds deeper than the bottom of the oceans, his style and the way he pronounces each word was somehow different, somehow better than any of those I’ve heard, even when Mingyu was the college’s rapper.

And those slanted, deep, piercing eyes, never leaving mine as he spat some more lines I didn’t bother listening to.

You? Me? Kiss?

Boy, you didn’t need to ask.

 

“I see that someone’s a little too enchanted.” Mingyu teased, clearly asking for a serious beat up but quite surprisingly, I didn’t –or simply couldn’t fight back. My eyes were drawn to the magnet that was the smiling rapper onstage. He was talking and socializing with the audience, for Pete’s sake!

He wasn’t supposed to steal girls’ heart like he just did earlier with his rap, now he’s showing this attractive side of him? Is that even legal?

“Yah, is that how you treat your best friend?” Mingyu shook my shoulder, trying to get my attention.

“Yah, this kid!” Mingyu exclaimed, annoyed. He followed your line of sight and saw that you were indeed still looking at the rapper onstage.

“I can get that guy’s number for you, you know.”

“H-huh?” I snapped out of my daydream, leaving Mingyu speechless.

 

“Sorry man, he literally just left.” The bartender slash co-owner told us, shaking 2 glasses dynamically on both hands as he spoke. None of those manage to steal my attention the way the rapper did, though.

“Does anybody here have his contact though? You must’ve contacted him beforehand to make him perform here in the first place, right?”

“Ideally. But he just came to us on one fine day and bam! Tonight happened.”

“Gyu, enough, it’s okay!” I half whispered, half shouted at his thick skinned self.

“But if you really need to meet him, I can tell you where he’s gonna perform tomorrow night.” He offered and both Mingyu and I broke into a grin.

 

It’s definitely not my second time in a club, Mingyu and his rap obsession made me familiar with his nightly outings, but that doesn’t mean I like it –I tolerate it, to an extent.

But it’s definitely the biggest club I’ve ever seen, and I marveled at the intricate, glassy interior as opposed to questioning my sanity at the moment. Mingyu led me inside yet again, his strut confident as ever, as everyone in the room turned their heads just to see him.

The chocolatey delight walking next to a mashed potato lump.

“Focus, my friend, and we’ll find Wonwoo for sure.” He declared, slightly ruining his cool image, but looking determined.

I’ll admit that I find him cute as of now, his nose scrunched and eyebrows knitting as he made his tall figure into use, seeking for this one special guy.

“Ahem.” The sound of someone clearing their throat. Typical? It might be, to you. To me, it told me I didn’t go this far for nothing, for that voice could only belong to one person, and that is Wonwoo.

 

His performance didn’t fail me this time either, and I sighed dreamily at him. But then I tilted my head to the side and saw the line of girls ogling at him like hungry hyenas and I felt my competitiveness rising, oozing from my every pore.

“Gyumin what do I do?” I asked, suddenly very antsy and anxious.

“At times like this? There could only be one thing, bro.” he whispered, the look of planning something evil etched on his face –and I looked up at him, somewhat amazed by his sudden choice of words and questioning the meaning behind them. But before I could even figure it out, he deliberately put his plan into action –pushing me as hard as he could forward.

“Ack!” I yelped as my kneecaps landed right on the floor. It really stung, let me tell you.

But all of that doesn’t matter anymore, not when I noticed another presence beside me.

This aura. This unfamiliar scent… I looked up to confirm my guts.

There you have it. The death of my weak heart.

“Have we met before?” he asked and I chuckled as it was the cheesiest pick-up line one could ever utter. He held his hand out sweetly, and I gratefully took it. He hoisted me up rather effortlessly then.

“Guess.” I said, gaining what seemed to be confidence from God knows where. In that moment, I felt the room turning quiet –or I was just getting better with silencing everyone, and focusing on the magic that is unveiling before me, a guy this perfect walking up to me.

“Do I have to? I was kidding, of course I remember you. The pretty girl with the crazy boyfriend. Speaking of, where is he?” Wonwoo asked rather unnecessarily, looking everywhere behind me but finding that I was alone.

“What? No, he’s not my boyfriend –and he will never be one, that little punk. He… I guess I got ditched?”

“Perfect.”

 

Don’t even ask me how I ended up sitting on his passenger seat, singing along to his collection of CDs, enjoying the night’s breeze with his open roof car. I texted Mingyu I was going to hang out with Wonwoo and that he should go home first, and also not to drink too much.

And he replied with good luck ;) a minute later so I guess I was too late.

Wonwoo’s driving was good, fast but not scary. Assuring but is challenging as he picks up the speed every once in a while. It was only a 15 minute drive anyway.

My eyes soon widen as we reached our destination, a hotel.

Clubs, hotels –you name it and some racy stereotypes must be running wild in your head. But Wonwoo was different. After leading me to his room, instead of pouncing on me from the start like I had expected, he genuinely just wanted to sit in a tub and have a decent conversation. With a stranger. If that makes any sense.

I looked at him in awe and he looked at me… dearly? I felt like I was observed though, and that’s probably normal since we just met.

“I guess I’m not the first one you brought to your hotel room.”

God, why did I even say that out loud?

“You’re right.”

See, this is exactly-

“I’ve brought my cousin once, my family, and a beat up dog I found on the streets.”

“How did that even happen?”

“I don’t know, his eyes were just –calling for me. He’s actually taken care of in my home now, by my parents.”

“That’s…nice.”

The air was awkward again.

“So I’m basically a wounded dog to you, then?”

“Ironically, you did fell earlier tonight, so yeah.”

“Funny.”

He was quiet again, but definitely less awkward than I was. He was literally just sitting there at a corner of the tub far away from me, his gaze set to his curled knees, his long legs claiming most of the tub’s volume –his toes brushing with mine ever so slightly.

“Well does it feel weird?” I asked.

“What is?” he looked up.

“Being in a bath tub with a mere stranger.”

“With such a pretty stranger? I think you spelled blessed wrong.”

Out of every adjectives I’ve known, I’d never thought cheesy would ever suit him.