Someone kissed me

Someone kissed me

Someone kissed me

.

.

.

 

It all happened that one sunny afternoon, while you were waiting for Jungkook to come home from football practice. You lay comfortably on your best friend since birth’s bed, a book in your hands, wishing he would hurry up so the two of you could finish that last episode of the lame girly drama that he made you watch with him. 

 

The idea still brought a smile to your lips - the school’s most famous football player, Jeon Jungkook, curling up in his room watching a girly drama about this girl who was helplessly in love with her childhood friend, and him sometimes even crying at those lame scenes… Oh, if only his teammates found out… Of course though, you would never do that to him.

 

Jungkook had been your best friend since birth after all, since the two of you were family friends. He was like your opposite half, loud and hilarious at most times, while you were more quiet and sarcastic. He stood up for you when you couldn’t bring yourself to, and you did his homework when his brain just couldn’t catch up. 

 

The two of you completed each other, and you did everything together. From kindergarten adventures out in the woods, to being each other’s home coming dates in high school… You knew all of Jungkook’s secrets, even where he kept the stolen playboy magazines from his older brother, and he knew all of your darkest thoughts, like murdering your seat mate for eating your choco-pie…Some say that childhood best friends start separating once they start high school, but so far the two if you were still super tight.

 

A loud sound of the front door closing signalled Jungkook return. Quickly following the sound of him rushing up the stairs, was the bedroom door opening, revealing an almost out of breathe Jungkook that somehow was completely red in the face…?

 

“We’re not watching the show today,” was the first thing he said, as he announced with a voice that was strangely a little shaky.

 

You put your book away and lifted an eyebrow. “Huh..?”

 

“I need to tell you something.” 

 

“Okay… ?” You weren’t sure if you wanted to know, now seeing a small victorious smile that tugged at the edge of his perfect lips.

 

Jungkook turned around and closed the door mischievously. Even locking it this time. Okay… Things were really getting weird. 

 

“Ready? Don't freak out okay?”

 

You were started to get annoyed. “Just tell me already —”

 

“— Someone kissed me!”

 

Jungkook stood there, waiting for your reaction. When he didn't receive any, he tried again - “I said, someone kissed —”

 

“I know, I heard it the first time you said it.” You snapped, feeling hot in the face. “I just didn’t know what to say. Congratulations? I guess?”

 

Jungkook’s smirk had grown into a full blown smile. “Thankyou. I know you’re jealous.”

 

“I am not —”

 

“Oh, I know you are,” He continued to tease, now getting cockier than ever. “Wait till you find out who it was…”

 

By the looks of his ultra cockiness today... Oh dear, it can’t be -

 

Jungkook must have sensed your realizatdion, because his impossibly large smile has now transformed into an even larger smile - if that was even possible. “Yep! Can you believe it? I actually got a kiss from —” Yep, no surprises here. It's that girl whom Jungkook had been crushing on even before he started freshmen year. He saw her at orientation and was already hooked. The way she would toss her hair back when it was bothering her, the way she would laugh loudly during lunch time... Yeah, you've heard it all.

 

However, you don’t know if you were starting to get annoyed at his cockiness, or just something else, because you couldnt bring yourself to share Jungkook’s happiness. You know you should be happy about it - it’s not everyday that pretty upper class girls gives out kisses to younger class guys after all, but for some reason, you just couldn’t.

 

“I mean, I just completely blanked out when she kissed me! This is probably the highlight of my year —” Jung kook was still blabbering about his incident the girl.

 

You had done everything together before - and now suddenly it was like Jungkook had caught the bullet train from Japan, speeding ahead while you were still on your fifteen dollar bought second-hand bike… You tried to shake it off. This is not what you should be feeling when your best friend is practically on cloud nine.

 

You try to fuel his happiness,"I bet it felt really good?" but to your surprise, Jungkook’s expression suddenly turned blank. 

 

He pulled out his chair and sat down with a confused expression, like he was trying to solve his math homework that you know would end up being completed by you anyway. “You know - that’s what’s weird about this.”

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“Like, I have this huge crush on her, so logically I should feel butterflies and all that stuff they say in the drama when she kissed me…” Jungkook’s eyebrows scrunched together. “But there was nothing? The only thing I felt was that her lip gloss tasted a little gross…?”

 

“…Okay?”

 

His fingers played together as he looked towards you. “Help me out here, you always know the answers. Is that supposed to be normal? Are kisses supposed to be so unemotional?”

 

Well, you knowing most answers was mostly true, but that only applied to school work, where you could have solved as long as you paid attention in class. What help were you when it’s something that you’ve never experienced before?

 

“I’ve never been kissed before.” You kindly reminded him.

 

“… right.”

 

And his face returned back to that thoughtful look. 

 

Jungkook and you remained silent for the next couple minutes. In fact, you didn’t really know what to say to him, seeing him so seriously considering this problem. You found yourself realising that if he would put the same amount of effort into his school subjects, his grades would be just fine even if you didn’t help him do his homework and projects.

He was not a dumb kid, you of all people know this best. Sure, he may not be a planner type of person, making organized decisions that link well with each other, but when faced with problems that are more sudden, his fast reactions have helped the two of you get out of tricky situations multiple times. Now if only he would use that type of knowledge - 

 

“Hey,”

 

You were surprised he broke the silence first. He seemed so into his thoughts that you almost missed his soft hey. “…yea?”

 

“You should kiss someone.”

 

“…”

 

Just as you were thinking he's not a dumb kid. “Jungkook, did you lose your mind or -”

 

“We’re best friends, right?” He cut you off with pleading eyes. 

 

You nodded suspiciously.

 

“Exactly. I need to figure this out and you’re my best friend. We’ve always done things together, this is like the first time we’ve experienced something the other hasn’t. Which is where the problem is,”

 

This is not making sense to you and you’re thankful Jungkook could see that because he continued with a sigh. “So logically, if you could figure out what kissing is like, so can I. And in order for that to happen, I need you to kiss someone for me. Then you could understand the situation better, and we can figure out if kisses are supposed to be emotional or not. Did that make sense?”

 

“…I guess…?”

 

“Good.” Jungkook had always been the type to act on impulse and it was no different now. He pulled out a piece of notebook paper and his phone. “Now, let’s go through a list of people that you can kiss,”

 

Your mind is still trying to process what he just said when he’s already finished putting down a couple names from his phone’s contact list.

 

Alright, let me read you the names I have so far: Jimin, Namjoon hyung, Hoseok hyung -”

 

You cut him off immediately. “Are you seriously making me do this? I don’t even know who on earth those people are!”

 

Jungook rolled his eyes. “Jimin is my classmate in bio class, Namjoon hyung is my football team’s captain, and Hoseok hyung is my after school dance club’s president. They are all good people, and I’m sure they wouldn’t mind getting kissed, so it’s all up to you.” 

 

His eyes returned to the list. “The next people on here are Taehyung and Yoongi hyung. Taehyung is  -”

 

“Your football teammate, I know. I have him in my Literature class. And I know who Yoongi oppa is,” Who doesn’t? He was Jungkook’s biology tutor. He comes by the house every Thursday and is probably the chillest tutor on this planet. All he does is give worksheets and take a nap on the couch before Jungkook’s parents come home.

 

“I mean, there is also Seokjin hyung but I don’t think he would fancy being kissed by you?” Jung kook shot you an apologetic look. Even though you should be annoyed at this, you can’t help but agree with him. Seokjin, or more known as Prince Kim Seokjin, was the student council’s president, extremely good looking and popular… You’re lucky he even knows you because Jungkook posed for the school magazine in the football edition and you tagged along to the photoshoot.

 

Yeah, he probably wouldn’t fancy a kiss from someone like you.

 

Jungkook stuffed the paper into your hands. “Alright, here’s the list. Pick someone and I’ll give them a call.”

 

You stared at the piece of paper, the material that was supposed to be light and feathering feeling heavy like lead in your hands. You could sense Jungkook’s eyes on you with expectation, waiting for you to make a choice…

 

Yes, you’re his best friend. Even if you don’t show it sometimes, you would probably go to the world’s end for him, so this is nothing, right? You could definitely pick someone on the list, right? It’s not that hard, right?

 

Your eyes scanned the names on the list. Jimin, Namjoon, Hoseok, Taehyung, Yoongi. Jimin, Namjoon, Hoseok, Taehyung, Yoongi. Jimin, Namjoon, Hoseok, Taehyung, Yoongi. Jimin, Namjoon, Hoseok, Taehyung, Yoongi… “Uh… Taehyung?” Might as well pick someone you were more familiar with. 

 

“Gotchya, I’ll call him now!” 

 

You don’t know how Jungkook does it, but in less than five minutes Taehyung was at Jungkook’s door, ringing the doorbell. Jung kook wriggled his eyebrows suggestively before heading downstairs to retrieve his friend.

 

Moments later, Taehyung entered alone into Jungkook’s bedroom, wearing his signature rectangular smile. “Hey, sup?”

 

“Hey… Where’s Jungkook?”

 

“He said he’s going to wait downstairs.” Taehyung shrugged. “Do you know what this is about? Jung kook just called me to come here quick and sends me up without coming up here with me.”

 

Oh dear, Jungkook was making you do all the explaining… That sneaky bastard! You were going to kill him when you see him later. Not the quick type of killing, but the slow torturous death involving cuts, lemons, and salt…

 

“Did you hear what I said?”

 

“yeah, erm…” You eyes wandered around Jungkook’s room, avoiding looking at Taehyung. Were you really going to do it here? With all these anime characters on the posters on the wall staring at you…? 

 

We’re best friends, right?

 

You sighed. Why do you do this to yourself? 

 

Taking your time, you explained in detail what happened to Jungkook and why Taehyung was here. Surprisingly, Taehyung didn’t laugh or find this whole situation stupid like you thought he would. All he did was stare at you with his rectangular mouth open, absorbing the information. 

 

“So… You want to kiss me?”

 

“… Well if you put it that way... Yes.”

 

Taehyung shrugged. “You could have just said that. I would have said yes anyway.”

 

“Uh, thanks?”

 

“My pleasure,” He answered automatically. “So, how do you want to do this? Do you want me to lean in to kiss or do you want to? I mean, I think I should because you did tell me you had never kissed anyone before, so it would be easier for you, but I’m definitely not against it if you want to initiate the kiss or -”

 

You stop him before he goes on for too long. The longer this takes, the more nervous you get. You can already feel your hands starting to get sweaty from the nerves… “I think it’s better if you lean in,”

 

Taehyung nods. He crosses the room in large strides and takes a seat on Jungkook’s bed right next to you. It’s almost like when you two are in literature class, sitting side by side, except this time it’s much closer, so close that you can feel the heat radiating off his warm body. 

 

You’ve never been this close to Taehyung before and it’s only then that you realise how good looking he actually is. Perhaps it’s because he’s taller than you even when you’re sitting down, so you’ve never really had the chance to study him up close. You’ve always found his smile cute, but when he’s not smiling, wearing a serious expression, his tall nose, sharp jaws and and slightly slanting eyes really do come together to create a handsome face. You find yourself thinking with a small smile tugging at the corner of your lips, that this might not be so bad after all...

 

“Erm, you should to close your eyes. It’s kind of hard to kiss you if you’re staring at me…” 

 

“Ah, right. Sorry.” Damn. Why could you never stop embarrassing yourself?!

 

And so you closed your eyes. 

 

This is it. 

 

You were going to do it. 

 

You were going to be kissed. 

 

You were going to experience what Jungkook had felt so that you can tell him if kisses were supposed to be emotional or not.

 

We’re best friends, right?

 

Damn right you were. You were going to pull this off, kiss Taehyung and help Jungkook out - 

 

You could feel Taehyung’s presence now. You don't know how, but you could feel him leaning in, closer and closer to you, getting close to your lips that were not trembling. In anticipation or fear, you’re not so sure anymore. 

 

This is it. 

 

You were going to do it. 

 

You were going to be kissed…

 

Suddenly, your hand shot up and slipped between your lips and his. Your eyes snapped open, seeing a startled Taehyung that had an expression mirroring your own. 

 

Wait.. What… You hand had moved on its own, creating a block between the two of you…

 

The two of you moved apart quickly. 

 

“I’m so sorry, Taehyung,” You really were. What was going on with you? You thought you had figured it out and gave yourself enough prep talks? Jung kook’s disappointed expression played in your head, and you seriously hoped Taehyung was not upset by this… 

 

Interestingly though, Taehyung’s expression showed no signs of displeasure. He did have a little sheepish smile on though. He stood up and did a little stretching before dusting off his pants, looking as if he was ready to leave. “It’s fine, I figured anyway,”

 

“Huh? What? Where are you going?" He was walking away already. "Hold on! You… haven’t kissed me yet?”

 

Taehyung smiled his rectangular smile. “Oh, who you want to kiss isn’t me. You should save it for someone that you want to kiss. Kisses are not just for anyone, you know,”

 

What? What was he talking about - “Wait, Taehyung -”

 

“Think about why you agreed to do this. Then think about who you really want to kiss.” He patted you on the head affectionally before continuing walking towards the door. “I have lit class with you, I know you’re smart. You can figure this out. I’m going home now, good luck!”

 

And just like that, he was gone. 

 

The sounds of happy foot steps by a happy Taehyung descending down the stairs come shortly after, followed by muffled voices of Jungkook’s voice. Then came the final sound of the closing of the front door... but none of that really reached you. Your mind was whirling quickly, trying to make sense of what Taehyung just said. 

 

Kisses are not just for anyone.

 

Think about why you agreed to do this.

 

Think about who you really want to kiss.

 

What was he talking about? Of course you knew kisses weren’t just for anyone. You had picked him from all those guys after all, right? He was the closest with you in all of those people on the list, so you agreed to do this with him. You found Taehyung attractive. You wanted to kiss Taehyung, right?…

 

It sounded so logical, but at the same time, why did your hand move on its own…? And why does this all feel so wrong to you…

 

Jungkook came busting in, breaking your train of though. He was bursting with energy, an exiting bunny smile all over his face. “So! How was it? I heard from my teammates that Taehyung is a good kisser, so I’m glad you picked him. How was it - how did it feel? Did you feel the butterflies and -”

 

“Hold on!" You stop him. "We... didn’t kiss.” 

 

Jungkook stopped blabbering and jumping around the room. His eyes turned to you with an confused expression, eyebrows touching to create a frown. “Why not?”

 

“…I uh,” you tried to find the correct way to explain this, but in the end, you were just stuck with, “don't know.”

 

“…What do you mean I don’t know?” 

 

“He tried to kiss me, and was this close… And I don’t know how, but my hand shot up right before he was going to and blocked the kiss…”

 

Jungkook was starting to get a little annoyed. He had waited downstairs for a full fifteen minutes, bursting in excitement that his best friends was about to get her first kiss, and yet he comes up to find that nothing had happenend?! “What the hell?”

 

At the same time, you were getting annoyed too. You honestly didn’t know what was going on with you. Those words that Taehyung had left you with was making you even more confused. You did not need Jungkook also questioning your decisions with accusing eyes that made you feel like you had managed to dissapoint him —

 

“Man, what the hell? I thought you were willing to do this for me?” Jungkook had gone off into a full rant now. “I helped you set this up, even got Taehyung to come all the way here and yet you just go ahead and ruin this for me? How could you?” 

 

Jungkook continued for much more, his frustrations from his inability to understand kisses now lashing upon you. He knows it’s got nothing to do with you, but he hates not being good at this, at this whole kissing thing. It's new, too new, and he hasn’t gotten the chance to figure it out yet... Jungkook's eyes narrowed as he hissed, “I thought we were best friends?”

 

And you snapped. 

 

“Jeon Jungkook! How could you say that?” Yourr anger that was building up bursted. “Why do you think I had even agree to this in the first place? Who wants to just go ahead and kiss someone out of nowhere? Who on earth would have ever agreed to do this crazy thing if it hadn’t been for their best friend? Huh? I did it because it was you - Jeon Jungkook - because of you!”

 

How could he be so blind and idiotic with why you did this? If it hadn’t been him, if anyone - oh, let's just say Taehyung - to come up to you and ask of this favour you would have snorted and just left him here to hang. You did not care for him enough to put yourself through this. It was your first kiss! Come on, if it hadn’t been Jungkook, the best friend of you life, you would have never agreed to - 

 

Think about why you agreed to do this.

 

Think about who you really want to kiss.

 

And that was when it hit you. You called Jungkook blind and all, but you were just as blind. It was there all along - you had agreed to do this because of Jungkook. If it had been anyone else, you would not have said yes, it was all because of him -

 

Oh.

 

Oh.

 

Jungkook was still huffing a little from his earlier outburst, but he had definitely calmed down a little. His face a little red now, though not as red as his hair. The two of you stare in silence, and you use this chance to take a good look at him, just like you did with Taehyung earlier.

 

To your surprise, nothing was new to you. He had always looked like this to you, big eyes that conveyed his trust in you whenever he needed your help; strong nose that you used to make fun of and call a water slide; tight lips that say the lamest jokes but you still laugh along; and a strong jawline that you often hated because it hurt when he leaned on your shoulder for naps for long bus rides… 

 

Jungkook was Jungkook, your best friend, the one you would do anything for. 

 

Taehyung’s words rang in your ear again.

 

Think about who you really wanted to kiss.

 

“Jungkook,” You whisper now. This information was new to you, and your heart is beating so fast, your hands are sweating so much, but it’s killing you not telling him this. He was your best friend, the two of you told each other everything. You swallow your fear and face Jungkook, who was staring back with a neutral expression.

 

“… yea?”

 

“I don’t want to be kissed by anyone. I want to be kissed by you.”

 

 

_

 

thankyou so much for reading!!

I have not actually gone through to correct mistakes so please bear with me!

EDIT: I have made little changes to this piece, but the overall plot does not change!

It feels so strange to have written this innocent piece.

I cannot help wonder why I never had that little epiphany... 

I left it at a strange note, didn't I? 

Recently I have lost a really great childhood friend due to relationship problems,

so now I'm kind of on the fence about boy/girl best friend stuff, like if it actually works or not.

Ah well.

 

On a side note, I actually saw BTS on stage (in a very very close to the stage seat) last summer.

It was an incredible experience. Jimin is actually quite tall, just shorter than the others. 

Jin sounds absolutely amazing live, even better (which I am so happy because he is my favourite).

and Jeon Jungkook really does know how to get the ladies worked up... :)

Best fan service definitely goes to J-hope, I think I have a video of him starring right into my camera...

Rap mon, V and Suga were mostly on the other side of the stage, so I did not really see them that well, sadly.

 

anyway. that's all. 

once again, thankyou so much for reading. 

Please comment on what you thought of it? 

 

<3 Yoonah. 

p.s. do people actually read these?