Chapter 7 ~ Recognition

Back In Time

Baekhyun's POV~

The sun shone on the two blades as my opponent striked forward. He was pretty skilled for a commoner. He took his blow and I was pushed backwards. I was ashamed of myself. It would hurt my pride to lose to this low-class civilian. If I lose, it'll will be a shame to Father.

How could I, a son of a Nobleman, lose to this rag-wearing commoner?

But deep down I began to doubt myself. I knew it would only be a matter of seconds til he won. His skills were extraordinary. It was as if he was born for this day.

The match continued and my mask had become undone.

And then I saw it.

More like her.

It was the maid who I had seen a couple of days ago.

She was wearing rich, high classed bidan hanbok. Something like what a member of the royal family would wear.

Why on earth would a maid wear such clothings?

Obviously, she wasn't a lady-in-waiting.

 

~Eunji's POV~

My heart froze as our eyes met eachother's for what seemed like forever.

I nearly stood up from my seat to wave to him like I normally did each morning back at home to Baekhyun.

The corners of my mouth crept into a smile; I was grinning ear to ear like the monkey toy in Toy Story 3. But not long after, it went back into a straight line. Baekhyun had just lost the duel. There were disappointment written all over his face. Now he couldn't get into the Palace. Maybe we weren't meant to be.

Eunji-ya, what on earth are you thinking?

"What is your name?" Ilhoon cooly asked the victor.

"Sungjae ibnida (my attempt on writing korean in english. lel)" the young man, whose name was Sungjae answered. It clearly showed that he was Sungjae's reincarnation.

"From tomorrow morning, you will be expected at the Palace as a new guard. You are dismissed." and with that, everyone left the Palace grounds.

"Baekhyun!" I called out. He turned around to look for who had called out his name.

"You, you're that maid!" He stated in surprise. "But you're not..." Then he stared into my eyes as he was trying to see my soul.

"Is there something wrong?" I asked worriedly. He hasn't been talking for a while and it was becoming awkward now.

"you're a princess?" he looked somehow sad. Or maybe he was disappointed. It was impossible to tell from he's expressionless face.

"Wait. How did you know my name?" He asked.

"Um..." Coz I'm best friends with your future soul?

I was totally stuffed.

"Oh wait never mind. I forgot that the announcer announces the contestants' names before each match." Baekhyun said while patting the back of his head with the most stupidest grin ever.

~Baekhyun's POV~

I stared into her eyes. I swear there was this familiarity to her. It was as if I had already known her. As if I had been with her all my life. I shook my thoughts away. It was probably because I had met her before that day.

"Is there something wrong?" she asked, breaking the awkward silence.

"you're a princess?" I managed to choke out.