Okay! Yes!

Date Me?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

It takes Jinyoung full five minutes before he regains his consciousness. He's not naturally clumsy, but he stayed up late last night and it has its consequences. A lower year student shook the ladder he's on while he was stacking the books on the top shelf. Jinyoung works in their university library as a student assistant for tuition discount purposes.

 

He's one of the brightest students you will ever meet, but he isn't blessed with social skills. It's not like he's anti-social or something; he's just not really good with interacting with people his age. Hence, making him a bully target. He slowly sits up from the floor, fixing his crooked eyeglasses. From afar, he can hear the other students snicker and whisper about it.

 

Jinyoung sighs and tries to stand up, but the sudden jolt of pain on his back stops him. The second time he stands up, one of the lenses of his glasses fell on the floor. Successfully making the people around him laugh louder. He bites his lower lip and picks the lens up; he wants to cry not because of the kids laughing at him. He wants to cry because can't afford to buy a new pair of glasses, at least not this month.

 

He pockets the lens and his eyeglasses, saving them from future harm. The head librarian then goes towards him; she probably heard what happened already. "Are you okay?" She asks, but it's not like she's really concerned. Jinyoung nods to dismiss her, she didn't even try prod deeper as she goes back to her table.

 

He climbs back up on the ladder, continuing his task, ignoring the pain on his back. Just a few minutes later, another student shakes the ladder again. But this time, Jinyoung holds onto the shelf, making the student shake the ladder harder. It doesn't take long though; he falls onto the ground again, dragging some books with him.

 

To keep it short, Jinyoung ends up with body pains and more tasks to accomplish. He should be done by now since it's already seven in the evening, but the damage he did earlier made him stay for extra work. He gets to finish around nine thirty; he's tired and really hungry. The only good thing about going home this late is there are no students who bother him anymore.

 

He tries to ignore the sound of his stomach since he's trying to save up. He really wasn't planning to eat tonight, but with happened earlier, he has to save more and eat less. Still, he smiles to himself as he grabs his bag from the counter, closing the doors of the library after. He shoves his hands to his pocket and feels his broken eyeglasses.

 

Though it's hard for him to walk in the dark without his glasses, he trusts himself and the light from the lamp posts. He pulls the glasses out and inspects it with a little light. 'Maybe I can still fix it.' He says to himself, feeling it more than seeing it. He's glad the lens isn't broken; maybe he can glue it to the frame later.

 

He puts it back to his pocket just as he gets pulled into an alley. His heart starts running like a mad horse on a race the moment he felt the person's cold hand against his arm. And then the pain on his back shoots again as he gets shoved onto the wall.

 

He doesn't remember when he closed his eyes, but when he opens them, he sees Jaebum in front of him. Though he's still not sure, his eyes are still adjusting with the dark. "Nerd." The person says, and then Jinyoung confirmed that it is indeed Jaebum. His heart races harder and faster, making it harder for him to breathe.

 

Because Jaebum is his next door neighbor. And he also happened to be Jinyoung's crush ever since he saw him on his first year in college. He doesn't even know if Jaebum knows him, but let’s say that he really likes the punkish bad boy next door neighbor. "Nerd." He says again, probably from the lack of reaction from the other. Although his vision isn't clear right now, he can see that Jaebum dyed (again) his hair somewhat orange or red. He's also wearing his leather jacket, but he couldn't identify the color. "Ye-yes?" Jinyoung stutters.

 

Then Jaebum starts moving closer until he's resting his face on Jinyoung's shoulder. He's bent in a very awkward position; he moves his face closer to the crook of Jinyoung's neck and shoulder. Jinyoung's frozen and scared to death because even though Jaebum is his ultimate crush, he still believes in consent.

 

Jaebum's arms circles around his waist "I'm so wasted." he speaks again. "Please take me home, nerd neighbor." Then he tries to hug Jinyoung, but true to his words, he's really wasted he ends up falling down on the ground. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry!" Jinyoung says even though he doesn't really have to.

 

He pulls Jaebum up with great struggle. Of all the days, he could be someone valuable in Jaebum's existence, why does it have to be today? "Shiiiiiiit." Jaebum says as he lets Jinyoung pull him up. "I'm gonna kill Yugyeom and Jackson tomorrow." He says quietly as Jinyoung places the drunken man's arm over his shoulder.

 

"Don't kill, that's not nice." Jinyoung finds himself saying after he successfully drags Jaebum onto the pathway. "But they mixed alcohol with my juice! Do you think that's nice?" Jaebum retorts, along with his body, slightly dragging Jinyoung onto him. "It's not, but-"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter