i have you close (i'd never ask for anything more)

love actually

Seungcheol/Jiae. 224w.

Seungcheol's eyes catch sight of Jiae as soon as he steps into the school ground. He likes to think he has eagle eyes, but his friends about only having them to locate Jiae. As the days go by, he thinks it might be true.

She's talking to her friends in front of the stairs, so he shoulders his backpack and quietly makes his way to her, who is still very engaged in a conversation. Her friends notice his appearance behind her but he puts his finger on his lips, telling them not to give him away. Jiae's talking about a nutcracker doll she saw last Sunday (on a date with Seungcheol, and of course he remembers that doll) and doesn't notice Seungcheol's hands slowly reaching closer for Jiae's waist. When he pokes her on both side of her waist, she jumps in surprise and turns around to find out who it is. Seungcheol pulls his hands and looks at anywhere but Jiae, but from the corner of his eyes, he can see Jiae scowling.

"Don't do that!" Jiae pouts and hits him in the shoulder. He laughs and hugs her close. Although she huffs in annoyance and her hands don't wind up on his shoulders like usual, she buries her head in his chest, and Seungcheol knows she's not angry at him.