Happy Birthday Kunpimook

Markbam short-story collection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The water inside the shower already ran, must be Jackson. And Mark, finally get up too. He’s stretching his body a little bit because it got a little stiff from too much sleeping.

Yes, they just canceled the filming for new MV because JB apparently took longer time than their expected. And so, they got more time to sleep. And that's of course really fine with them. They need it anyway.

He walked to the living room to see JB sleeping soundly on the couch. And Jinyoung busy in the kitchen with Yugyeom.

“What time he went back yesterday?” Mark asked pointed at their leader who still sleeping on the couch, still with his yesterday’s clothes.

“I don’t know. No one knows. But I remembered Bamie woke me up around 2am because he heard some weird noises from outside.” Yugyeom answered absentmindedly and Mark chuckled, he could imagine how Bambam will be so scared because of those kinds of things.

"What are you two making?" He asked, because the smells amazingly so good. It smelled like cookies.

"Cookies and cake!" Jinyoung said and start beating down the egg while Yugyeom measuring the flour and sugar.

"Cake? It's... unusual." He said, smirking to both of them.

"Do you really not know what day is today?" Yugyeom asked him, disbelieved. And he just laughed at both of them.

Of course he knew. How can he forget? This is day that he always decorated with a heart on his calendar.

"I sometimes hope he really forget about this day." Jinyoung said, still beating the egg. "So the princess can beat him down." And Yugyeom just laugh.

"What do you guys make?" Jackson asked after he went out from the shower. Still with his wet hair and a towel draped on his waist.

"Oh a cake!!! Let me wake my baby up!" Jackson said again before anyone could reply. And Mark grab his shoulder even before he able to take a step.

"Who did you call "my baby" ?" Mark said with a piercing glare to Jackson and just like that, everyone got tensed.

No one messed around with Mark, because Mark could be so scary when he’s angry. Only one person could get away with everything. And that person is still sleeping on his bed. Waiting for Mark to wake him up.

"So.. sorry I didn't mean. Just..." Jackson stuttered and Mark laughed so hard that made Jinyoung and Yugyeom sighed in annoyance.

"I should wake my baby up." Mark said and went straight to the maknaes’ room before he kneeled on the floor, looking at the sleeping boy in front of him.

"Baby..." he said, trailed his fingers on the sleeping boy's hair, to his cheeks, and lips, made the sleeping boy squirmed in his sleep.

"Mook... it's time to get up." He said again but Kunpimook just steer in his sleep and pull his blanket up to his head.

Mark chuckled, it's really not often they got this long time to sleep, and he could see that Kunpimook always so tired lately because of their practices, but still Mook need to get up. It's his birthday anyway. And he needed to celebrate it.

After a long consideration, Mark step back for a while, sat on Yugyeom's bed watching Kunpimook who hide his body inside the blanket.

It's Kunpimook's 18th birthday. Which means it's the 4th time they will spend it together.
Mark remembered, the first birthday Kunpimook had with him; it's when Mark came to Korea for the first time.

Mark never really interested in dancing, or singing. He came here just because the man who visited his school said that he got potential, and he hate studying, so he decided to come to Korea.

Then, he met this little boy, with height around Mark’s waist, a really small kid, and how shocked he was when he knew that the boy is not from korea. Because, what a little boy doing here? Stay too far away from home.

"My name is Kunpimook Bhuwakul, but you can call me Bambam. I'm from Thailand." That boy said, and Mark's heart already falling for this boy. With how soft he spoke, how fragile he looks, how beautiful he smiled.

Mark spent a long time with him because they both foreigner and they decided to stay with each other.

Then Mark realized that this boy only understand how to introduce himself and just a couple of simple english words. From that day, Mark decided that he will be Kunpimook's guardian, maybe because Mook really made him remember his own brother back home.

“Tomorrow is my birthday, so my mom will come here. Will you go out with us? Having some barbecue?" Bambam asked him, it's in the end of April.

"Isn't it better if you spend your birthday with just your family? I'm afraid that I will disturb you guys." Mark said, closed his laptop on his pillow and sat on the bed, side by side with Kunpimook.

"It's fine. You really took care of me and being nice to me. I want to introduce you to my mom, and told her that she doesn't need to be worried anymore, because now I got you." Bambam said, fiddling with his shirt, his eyes bore to his feet.

"Okay then. When is your birthday?" Mark asked, ruffled Bambam's hair and Bambam just smiled.

"This Saturday. May 2nd." Bambam said before he got up and walked outside the room after said thanks and bye to Mark.

And without Mark realizing it, May 2nd suddenly became more than just a date for him. May 2nd always decorated with a little heart around it in his calendar, he didn't even know why he pick hearts. Just whenever he saw Mook, heart seems the most matching.

The first birthday that Mark spent with Kunpimook,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter