Banana Cupcake Kisses

Markbam short-story collection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

This is my story for The secret santa event. In case you guys haven't read it, so, i also will put it here instead : ) hope you guys like it. To be honest, the story could be longer, but considering it's a one shot, so i just wrote it like i usually wrote a story, 2500 words/chapter. Hope you guys like it!

 

 

It’s usual time for Bambam, when he slowly got so sleepy because there’s no customer. He glanced at the clock, still 4 hours till his shift ended, so he decided to make another espresso to keep him awake. Well, he didn’t know if it’ll help him or not, but it’s not wrong to try, he thought.

He worked at this coffee shop for almost three months now. This coffee shop is his aunt’s, so actually he just helped a family while helping himself too. The reason is, because he needs money, and he loves to baked. It took seconds for his aunt to actually accepted him as their new bartender, and it took shorter time for his aunt to let him put his famous banana cupcake on the display to be sold to the customer. All families already knew that his banana muffin is the best.

The bell rang, made him yelped from his position and looked at the door. Usually there’s no costumer at this time, and he sighed found out that it’s just his best friend from college.

“What are you doing here, jerk?” he walked to the cashier, greeting his friend with a cup of espresso on his hand.

“That’s not how you handle customer, jerk.” said a guy with dark-brown hair, way taller than him, using baby blue scarf around his neck actually made him cuter than his usual. “I need my usual.”

“Your usual? Okay.” Bambam touched something repeatedly on his monitor to put his best friend order. “It’s cafe latte, non-fat milk, no-sugar.” he mumbled to himself as he touched the monitor. “Anything else?” he looked at his best friend.

A boy with dark-brown hair shook his head before leaning on the counter. “Ah, wait.” He suddenly remembered something, “Give me the best sweets you got here then.” he grinned at Bambam.

“Sweets?” Bambam furrowed his eyebrows, looked at his friend with confused expression. “I thought you hate sweets, Yugyeom?”

“Nah, it’s from Mark hyung.” Yugyeom slightly pouted.

“Mark?” Bambam felt that name really familiar for him. “Ah, Mark hyung?” He yelled as he remembered the guy.

Mark is Yugyeom’s cousin from America. Bambam never met him though, but by the amount of times Yugyeom talked about how amazing his Mark hyung is, he already feel as he known Mark for the longest time. Mark hyung who never failed to impress their parents because of his amazing brain in class. Mark hyung who loves to play skateboard that he got a huge scar on his palm because of this one accident when Mark fell after he did somersault on the air. Mark hyung who loves soups like himself. Mark hyung who couldn’t stand a cold, also like himself. And Mark hyung who loves mango and banana, like himself.

“Mark hyung just broke up with his girlfriend before flying here.” Yugyeom jutted his lower lip, and Bambam unconsciously smiled because of that. “He’s been in a super bad mood because of that. I’m sad you know Bam.”

Bambam ruffled his hair. “I know i know.” he smiled before walking to the counter and took out four banana cupcakes from the display. He put it inside a box and write something on the card before he slipped it inside.

Start making the cafe latte from his friend, hummed to his favorite song as he brewed the coffee. Lately, his clothes always smelled like coffee and it made his younger sister annoyed, but he actually didn’t care. He loves coffee smell.

He took all the stuffs after he finished, a cup of coffee and box of cupcakes. “Here, your coffee, and sweets for Mark hyung.” Bambam smiled, giving the younger his stuffs, “Say hi to Mark hyung from me.” He said again as Yugyeom paid him, say thanks and waves as he walked to the door, outside the cafe.

Bambam just chuckled, sat on the chair and rests his chin on his palm, waiting for next customer.

“So, Mark hyung is here, eh?” He asked to himself. Wondering what is this Mark looked like. Well, he only heard about Mark, he never really met Mark in person, and from the story, this little crush developed inside his heart. Little crush that made him sad when he heard that Mark hyung already had a girlfriend, a little crush that made him happy at the fact that Mark broke up with his girlfriend. Little crush. He chuckled to himself at how stupid it is to love someone he never met before. But then again, it’s true.

***

In the busy street at Seoul, Mark finally found a place to hide. Hide from the cruel cold wind outside. He never liked cold weather. He loves beach and summer. So, visit Seoul in the winter definitely not his choice, but he couldn’t help. He need to get away and tend to his broken heart that caused by cheating girlfriend.

Mark entered the coffee shop, a small coffee shop with pretty design. The smell of the coffee already filled his nose, he smiled for a bit after stepped to the cashier to place his orders. There’s no one there, he thought at first, before noticing a boy sleeping, using his own arms as a pillow. The boy with grey hair color, but he couldn’t see his face clearly.

“Excuse me?” He spoke slowly, not wanting to scared the boy or something, but the boy only squirmed in his sleep. He smiled again, not sure why he felt so calm watching the boy sleep. He looked around the shop, it’s so dangerous to left the shop open like this, so he decided to go somewhere first, flip the open sign to ‘close’ outside. “Should get back again later then.” He mumbled to himself, put his hands inside his pocket and walked away.

***

Bambam squirmed on his sleep, heard the bell rin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter