Peter Pan

Markbam short-story collection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I've met a boy. A boy that always smile so bright it's always make my face red like a tomato if i saw him for too long.

That boy, somehow reminded me of Peter Pan. Always laugh. Always talk. Always fly here and there. Ok it's not really fly, but the way he run and jump and everything really looks like he's flying. Always surrounded by another boys. Always so... happy.

I keep watching him. Didn't really care of my face became red like a tomato again. Since he will never be able to realized my presence anyway.

But i was so wrong. Because that boy suddenly came to me. Offered his hands.

"Hi? I'm Kunpimook. What is your name?" He said and why his voice sounds better when he speak near me?

"M...m...mark...." I answered, stuttered.

"Why don't you join us Mark? Rather than playing here alone with the sand..." He said, why I'm not join them? Of course because i have terrible communication skill.

"No...no.... I... hmmm I'm alright." I said again, tried hard to reduce my stutters.

"Let's join Mark." He said again, pulled my hand without my permission and dragged me to their little group.

"Guys! He's Mark! My new friend!" He said loudly, the other three guys just stared at him weirdly before they start standing, one by one, offered a handshake and introduced their name.

 

Youngjae, Yugyeom, Jaebum.

 

That day when my mother came to pick me up, I introduced my new friends and she was so happy she cried.

"I found a Peter Pan mommy." I said on our walk home.

"Peter Pan?" My mom asked, pretend to be excited.

"Yes, a boy that so bright, he keep talking, he told us a lot of funny stories. He can fly also. He's Peter Pan." I told her, more excited than i should.

"Oh really? What's his name?" My mom asked.

"Kunpimook!" I said. That name should be a hard name to pronounce, but well, maybe i remembered it by heart ever since i was a little kid.

"Ah that Bhuwakul kid?" My mom asked but i really don't understand anything at all.

"Bhuwakul?" I asked and she just chuckled.

"Do you want to go to same kindergarten as him Mark? You need to start to go to school next.." My mom asked.

"Yes! Yes yes i do! Please!" I said even before my mom finished her sentences.

 

*

 

"I really don't want to talk about the reason." Kunpimook said, looking down and exhales deeply.

"What's wrong?" I asked him, come to sit beside him on his bed.

"As i said before, i don't want to talk about it." Kunpimook said, getting annoyed.

"Well. I need to know the exact reason why you don't wanna go to the same middle school as me." I asked him again, making him glared at me.

"I'm not clever enough. My grade is not that good to enter that school. So, stop talking about it. We already know there's a huge gap between my brain and your brain." Kunpimook said, looking down on the floor again. By the sound of his voice, I know that he was sad.

"I'll help you study then." I said and he just exhales again.

"No need." He said, "I will just go to the school that matched my capabilities."

"I see.."

 

*

 

"YOU'VE GOT HERE ALSO?" Kunpimook said when he met me at the school gate.

"Why you so surprised?" I said, chuckled by how cute his surprised expression is.

"No but, you can enter that top school, why choose here?" He asked seriously.

"I think you will be lonely if I'm not going to the same school with you right?" I said, ruffled his hair and he pouted. Of course for him, his hair is everything. But his smile after that, enough to make my decision worth it.

"Woah I'm happy that we got to go to same school everyday!" Kunpimook said hug him tight.

"Me too." I said, hugging him back.

 

*

 

"How's your first day Mark? Ok ok let me go first. My day is amazing!" Kunpimook said flopping down on my bed and buried his face on the pillow.

"And why your day amazing?" I asked him, sitting on the floor and put orange juices on the table for both of us.

"I don't know. I think my class is amazing!" Kunpimook said, rolled his body and looking at no particular spot on the ceiling.

"How about you? You like your class?" Bambam asked, shifted his body again so he can look at my direction.

"I think, I'm good also." I said and he smiled at me. But to be honest, i feel a little lonely, because even tho we're at the same school, we have different class.

Even tho we still go to school together, and Bambam still play in my house after school ended, but it's different. I don't know what changed but, i don't think i will like it.

*

"Peter Pan!" Bambam exclaimed.

"What's wrong with Peter Pan?" I asked, get rid of my homework for a while and turn my chair.

"For the school festival. I decide to wear Peter Pan costume." Bambam said cheerfully from the floor, drinking his orange juice.

"Oh yeah." I said again, turned my chair and back to the table. There's still a lot of things I need to finish.

"You said you like Peter Pan right?" Bambam asked, finally decide to start working on his project also and took out his book.

"Well. So you do Peter Pan because of me?" I asked, taking glance at him who now busy with his homework.

I decided to stop doing my work and sat on the floor in front of him.

"Do you really do Peter Pan because of me?" I asked again, strangely hoping that the answer will be yes.

"You..." he start, but stop in the middle. "Long time ago, when we were still a kid, you said that, I'm Peter Pan. So I think, maybe, if i do Peter Pan, it won't be that weird."

And I couldn't help but smile. He still remember it. A random thoughts that i blurted out a years ago.

"You will look good as Peter Pan." I said, reassuring him who now looks so panicked because of something.

"Oh my god, that Peter Pan things will be cute when i was a kid." Bambam said pulling his hair from panick attack.

"You're still Peter Pan for me." I said. Slowly he look at me and pout a little.

"Whatever. I will still look cute in everything anyway." He said waving his pencil and start writing something on the book again.

*

Bambam ended up abandoned his Peter Pan costume. He said he's too mature to wore that. And I don't know how to feel about that. I don't know why I have to be so disappointed.

"So, what you gonna wear for the school festival?" I asked him when we both walking to the school.

"I will just wear casual clothes." Bamban said, grinning.

"Are you sure? Woah this is weird. You're the biggest fan of costumes!" I said not believing him.

"Well, i can change." Bambam said, pouting.

Change. I actually afraid of changing. Because i keep thinking about our relationship. And i don't know if I will like the change or not.

*

The downfal start when Bambam met this guy. Jackson.

Jackson is the reason why Bambam rarely came to mu house again.

Jackson is the reason why Bambam rarely there at the lunch time at school.

Jackson is the reason why Bambam abandoned his Peter Pan costume.

And I know, I will never liked Jackson.

*

Bambam didn't come to school today. He said he was sick at home. And I like always, worried like hell. It's a week before our final exam. What is he gonna do with that?

And there's Jackson, come to my class just to asked where's Bambam live. Because he want to visit him. Something important he said. A pile of homework and paper test for practicing.

Even tho i hate Jackson, for not obvious reason. But Jackson is Bambam's classmate and it's natural for him to bring Bambam his pile of works for study.

So, here i am. Walking side by side with Jackson to Bambam's house. Didn't say any words. I heard that Jackson is a really talkative guy tho, just like Bambam. But maybe he just talkative around Bambam.

When we arrived, Bambam open the door, looking so shocked when he was both of us standing there.

"What are you guys doing???" H

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter