I Really Like You

The Musician
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

    Seulgi seemed to be in a particularly good mood today. She was usually a bright, and happy person - Irene’s noticed that for the past week - but her song was a rather energetic one.

~~

    I really wanna stop

But I just gotta taste for it

I feel like I could fly with the ball on the moon

So honey hold my hand you like making me wait for it

I feel I could die walking up to the room, oh yeah

Late night watching television

But how we get in this position?

It's way too soon, I know this isn't love

But I need to tell you something

I really really really really really really like you

And I want you, do you want me, do you want me, too?

I really really really really really really like you

And I want you, do you want me, do you want me, too?

~~

    Irene had been the one to give Seulgi her drinks whenever she finished up a performance, but being the abnormally shy person she was, she hadn’t been able to strike up a solid conversation with the girl. Seulgi seemed to be a naturally outgoing person, but even she couldn’t find a way to get through Irene’s timid demeanor.

    “Have you ever asked her about her limp? You’ve noticed it, right?”

    Irene whirled around in response to the unexpected voice, and in doing so, almost hit Bomi in the face with her hand.

    “Y-You have to stop doing that!” Irene hissed, unwilling to disturb the customers listening to Seulgi’s voice.

    Bomi looked apologetic, and Irene immediately calmed down; an apology already halfway out of her lips. “I’m sorry, I was just surprised. It’s not your fault,” Irene quickly said, taking back her barely harsh words towards the younger girl.

    “No, I’m sorry, Unnie. It was my fault and you know it.”

    Irene was about to deny Bomi’s words, but the younger girl cut her off easily.

    “Anyway, have you?”

    “Have I . . . what?”

    “Asked about her limp?”

    Irene stared at Bomi incredulously; taken aback by how dense Bomi was.

    “Who in their right mind would go ask a person they barely know about their limp, Yoon Bomi? Now I sort of understand why Chorong hits you so much,” Irene murmured.

    “That unnie’s, crazy, Unnie! Don’t give her an excuse for her violence! She thinks I’m her punching bag! I mean, her looks are totally deceiving. She’s like a cute looking hamster that bites all the time.”

    Irene pursed her lips and stepped back a bit when she caught sight of Chorong appearing behind Bomi like a ghost. She knew that it was too late for the younger girl now. Chorong continued to creep up behind Bomi before she put a hand on the younger girl’s shoulder, effectively stopping her rant.

    “Hi, Bbom-ah. Mind filling me in on what you guys were talking about?”

    Irene could’ve sworn that she saw the pits of hell in Chorong’s eyes at that moment. Bomi, on the other hand, looked as if she were about to faint. To be honest, Irene wouldn’t have been surprised if Bomi did just that.

    “Ah, U-Unnie. We - We were just, uhm, talking about how - how pretty you are,” Bomi stuttered out, a nervous chuckle escaping her lips.

    Irene decided that she didn’t want to be at a scene of a murder anytime soon, so she continued to back up, until she felt like she was at a safe enough distance from the hell that was Park Chorong.

    “I’ve noticed they do that a lot.”

    Irene had her second mini heart attack of the day, and she let out a small yelp this time - jolting in her spot. How were these people managing to sneak up on her like that, anyway?

    “Oh, sorry, did I scare you?”

    Kang Seulgi. Irene could recognize the girl’s voice now without looking at her, and she turned to face her.

    “I - yeah. But, i-it’s okay. I was just startled, that’s all.” Irene stepped back a bit when she realized how close she was to Seulgi before awkwardly rubbing at her wrist.

    “I’ve noticed,” Seulgi said, amusement evident in her tone. “And shouldn’t you go stop your, uhm, manager? I think she’s about to kill your co-worker.”

    Irene looked over at Bomi and Chorong to see the manager with her arm around Bomi’s neck - putting her into an effective headlock. Bomi was weakly slapping at Chorong’s arm, and Chorong was whispering something (most likely threats) into her ear.

    “Uh, I think - I think it would be better if we just . . . ignore them. Yeah.”

    With the intent of getting the innocent musician to a “safer” place, Irene timidly reached out and wrapped her hand around Seulgi’s arm - gently tugging her. Although Seulgi seemed confused, she easily followed Irene. They reached Joy, and Irene quickly let go of Seulgi’s arm - returning her hand to her wrist.

    “Oh, hey Seulgi unnie, Rene unnie. What’s up?”

    “I think Chorong’s trying to murder Bomi again. I didn’t want to be there when Bomi died.”

    Joy let out her signature cackle, and Irene smiled along with her.

    “Is this normal for you guys?”

    Joy snorted and slapped Seulgi on the back. “Oh come on, Unnie. For as long as you’ve been here, Bomi unnie’s probably had about ten near-death experiences with Rong unnie.”

    Irene nodded in agreement and then flinched a bit when she heard Bomi’s yelp of pain. She mentally gave Bomi her condolences. She knew that Chorong wouldn’t really hurt Bomi (too much), but one couldn’t be too careful.

    “You know, actually, I think I’m going to go see if Bomi unnie’s alright. I’ll try to come back in one piece!” Joy said, winking at Irene before leaving.

    “So, I s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter