~midnight worries

Precious Jeongcheol
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

{genderswaped Yoon Jeonghan }

12 p.m.

 

Seungcheol just arrived in front of the dark-toned condominium door, still searching for his keys. Once found, he inserted it and turned it to the right, twice. Opened the door slowly, being very careful for the hinges to keep quiet from its creaking as the feeling of his beloved either resting or watching a late night sitcom is lingering in his heart. She would sometimes wait for him. Other times, she would just pretend to sleep. Seungcheol knew this as she would sleep on her right, never on her left. So when Seungcheol sees her facing the black vanity, his heart would drop. But when he stepped into the apartment, he saw something giving out light and realised it was the television. Eyes became wide when he saw the sofa empty, thinking she went into the kitchen. Tip-toeing to the living area, turning left and right on a lookout for her, but no one was present.

 

Always nagging at me to conserve electricity, look who's draining the power station he thought to himself.

 

But he took back his words, walking closer to the sofa, he discovered she fell asleep with his shirt, wrapped in a white blanket like a burrito. He thought of carrying the little angel to the master bedroom, laying her on the king-sized bed but the perspiration and stench of his physique made him decide to take a rinse before doing so. 

His feet touched the cold, marble floor, making a beeline to the bathroom. But forgetting to take his bath towel in the laundry area, he made a turn to the left and took it immediately. 

Later stepping out of the bathroom, droplets of water still sliding down his broad back, with the towel at his waist as he carefully went to the bedroom. Now we all know what he did in there because it is obvious enough he was not feeding horses in a bedroom after a shower.

So while he was just drying himself and slipping on a solid coloured t-shirt and a pair of long jammie pants, the woman outside rose from her slumber, like Briar Rose, but more flawless. Still in a half-asleep state, she looked around with her eyes squinted, finding everything still there, neat and tidy.

What time is it?

Reached for her phone on the coffee table.

12:57 m.n.

"Where are you jagi," she said to herself, dialing his number. After a few seconds, Jeonghan heard a phone vibrating nearby. Her head followed the sound that lead to the dining table. She forced herself to get off the couch and walked towards the glass dining table with legs of stainless, black steel. Her thumb tapped the red icon to end the call and also the irritating vibrations it was producing. She stared it for a while, still in her hand. At that moment she felt anger rush through her brain, relief was there as well, sitting on a lounge chair, letting anger scurry around the area, leaving trails of burnt coal and ashes.

So back to Seungcheol, he was all dressed and wanted to hang his towel back in the laundry room. He opened the door a saw his wife with her arms crossed and a smile not shown, blocking the only exit.

"Good morning honey, how was your rest? Wait, oh I forgot, you have not even touched the bed yet." she growled and leaned closer to his face above. 

"So, where  were  you?" she asked with her teeth shut.

"Was at work, now here, with my beautiful wife!" he tried to wipe that awful frown plastered on her face with a hug, but she left him at the door, looking like fool with arms spread wide as she walked to the couch.

"I'll be sleeping on the couch. There is some dinner in the fridge, top shelf beside the soy sauce. Heat it up for 2 minutes, then eat, you could even choke if you want to. Since you are not concerned about your well-being. After, sleep. You would need to wake up at six. Yes, you have approximately 4 hours to sleep. Please be careful if you would like to ask me any questions as my brain is now under going a stage called 'anger block'. So if you would prefer to not go for an ear check-up tomorrow, please do keep your distance from me. And I am not undergoing the term 'period' today."

Seungcheol was terrified. The only time she sounded like an annoying google translator was when he forgot to pick up Chan from  school because he was too absorbed in managing the company he created. For the whole 5 days of his life, he only spoke to Chan to give little messages to Jeonghan. Jeonghan was completely mute and made Seungcheol invisi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter