Chapter Six

Querencia

If Hyunmi could point out one bad thing about her relationship, and there really would be only one, it would be the fights that she and Woohyun would sometimes have. It’s not that they were stubborn, in fact she would be willing to take all the blame if it meant that things would go back to normal. But that wasn’t possible when Woohyun would refuse to even see her long enough for her to apologize. It wasn’t that he blamed her, but that he blamed himself. He’d be so mad at himself that he would refuse to see her or hear her apologies. It was frustrating to say the least.

Thus she and Woohyun hadn’t talked for days after the patronus fight, and she was dead set to change that. After the shared class between Gryffindor and Ravenclaw had ended on Monday, she followed Woohyun outside the classroom with quick steps. Grabbing his forearm with a strength surreal with her small frame, she dragged him into an empty classroom. Woohyun looked completely surprised, opening his mouth to ask something, before he abruptly realized that they hadn’t talked in days. Immediately he looked away, and it took all of Hyunmi’s willpower to not take her wand and shove it up his nose.

“You. Are. An. Idiot?”

Usually Hyunmi didn’t raise her voice, but when she did Woohyun couldn’t help but shiver. It either meant she was moments away from bursting into tears, which Woohyun hated because he couldn’t bear to see her tears. Or it meant that she was moments away from casting one hell of a curse his way, which he also hated because ow those hurt.

“I…”

“Shut up!”

Woohyun quickly made a cross over his chest, this was quickly taking a violent turn.

“Just listen, please.” She huffed out as she fixed him under her gaze. “I know. I know better than anyone what your insecurities are, ok? I’ve tried to tell you so many times what an amazing wizard you are, you wouldn’t be in Hogwarts if you weren’t, yet you refuse to believe me. But I accepted that. I accepted that as part of you, because I love you and I will accept all of you-”

“I-”

Hyunmi raised a finger to quieten him. She was finally pouring her heart out, and she needed him to hear it out. “Yes, I managed to make a patronus quicker than you, but what you failed to realize is that I was able to make it because of you.

“The happiest moment in my life. The memory that instantly comes to my mind is the first time I met you. The most important thing for me is not magic… but it’s you.”

The tears were seconds from falling, but two pair of arms beat them to it. Woohyun could only hold the girl he loved tightly as he murmured a quiet sorry over and over into her hair.

 

Seulyi frowned as she once again looked through the books on the shelf. Usually the library would be the last place she would willingly go to, but an unfinished potions assignment had been left dusting for far too long to be ignored any longer.

“Hey.”

If she didn’t have good reflexes, and hadn’t slapped a hand over , she would have screamed out loud.

“Sorry.” Myungsoo whispered as he gave her a sheepish look. “Did I scare you?”

Seulyi gave him an incredulous look, because yes, wasn’t that obvious?! But Myungsoo offered such a dazzling smile, including dimples and all, that she almost instantly forgot her annoyance. “What are you doing here anyways?”

Myungsoo held up a book, “Yerin asked me to get this. She’s planning for the next DA meeting.”

“Already?” Seulyi groaned as she saw the thick book. Thick books usually meant no good. “We still haven’t gotten the patroneses down.”

“You know how Yerin can be, she wants everything planned out to the last detail.”

Yes, Seulyi knew. And she could never understand why. It was probably one of the many reasons she had been placed into Gryffindor and not Ravenclaw. A life full of rules, plans and studying. How boring.

“But hey,” Myungsoo put his hand on her shoulder easily, and Seulyi’s heart fluttered at even the small gesture. “I have some free time now. I can practice the spell with you. I know the perfect secret place.” He gave her a mischievous wink and Seulyi wondered maybe all Ravenclaws weren’t as straight-cut as she had thought.

She could almost hear her unfinished assignment cursing her for leaving her homework to the last minute, again. But how was she supposed to deny those dimples?! “I’d love that.”

 

“You’re staring again.”

Hyesun stuttered a haste ‘don’t be silly’ before she threw her head down and tried to focus on the book she had been reading. But it didn’t take even a few seconds before her eyes were once again lingering from the words and instead focusing on the figure before her.

What?” Yugyeom sounded angry, and really he had every right to be, Hyesun had been observing him with hawk eyes for the past week, almost as if she was afraid he would blow up at any minute. But how could she not be worried? Every time she tried to assure herself that the conversation they had shared a few days ago must have just been a fragment of her imagination, that surely Yugyeom was fine, all she could think about was the look of pure terror on his face. His words still rang through her ears, ‘Something’s going on Hye. Something much more than we ever imagined. We’re way in over our heads. Everyone is way in over their heads.’

“Hye,” Yugyeom sighed as he put away the assignment he had been trying to work on. “What’s wrong? Why won’t you tell me?”

‘Because how can I?’ was what she wanted to answer, but she could only bite her lip in frustration. She had tried to talk to Yugyeom about that night, but he had looked at her as if she was nuts. He didn’t remember a thing, he acted as if nothing was wrong. Either Hyesun was going crazy, he was lying, or… as he had said that night, something was really going on. Something that nobody knew about. Something that could possibly destroy everything that they had.

 

Yerin sat in the great hall, her focus completely taken away from her food, instead she could only look at two figurers on the other side of the hall. At Hufflepuff’s table where her brother and Heejin sat, a confused looking BamBam between them. They didn’t even sit next to each other anymore. It was ridiculous, and Yerin had had enough.

Getting up from her seat, she quickly trotted over the unreasonable kids. She placed a hand on an awkward looking BamBam, who seemed as if he couldn’t understand why he had been forced to sit between two people who had been inseparable ever since he had known them, anyways. “BamBam, could you possibly leave us alone for a while?” He was only too happy to comply. He was out of his seat in seconds, Heejin and Minseok’s betrayed glazes following him.

Yerin quickly placed an arm on each of their shoulders and made them face each other, causing them both to stutter and quickly scoot their eyes away. “Are you two serious?!” Yerin screamed, making half the Hufflepuffs at the table jump up at her furious tone. She could have sworn she saw Chanyeol docking under the table, probably afraid that she had come for him again. But no, she had bigger fish to fry this time.

“I cannot believe you two. You have been best friends since day one, and now you act like strangers. You don’t hang out together, you don’t talk to each other, goodness, you don’t even look at each other anymore. What the hell is going on?!” What Yerin had expected was for them to start shouting, to complain about something, to talk about a fight they had gotten into. What she hadn’t expected was for them to start blushing… that’s for sure.

“Wait,” Yerin looked so quickly between the red pair that she almost gave herself a whiplash. “Did something happen?”

Heejin coughed out the pumpkin juice she had been trying to drink, Minseok looked like he wanted nothing more than for the floor to open up and swallow him whole. And Yerin could only look on, mouth open, eyes as wide as saucers.

“What happened?” her voice was demanding, but neither answered. “You two got into detention for being out after hours…” Yerin was smart, and it didn’t take long for her to put two and two together. “YOU TWO ARE HOOKING UP!”

“WHAT?!” Hyunmi’s scream could be heard from the Ravenclaw table, and Yerin could now clearly see that her audience was no longer just the Hufflepuffs, but the entire great hall. Minseok had his face on the table, hands covering his burned up face, whilst Heejin was mentally planning her migration to America. But Yerin couldn’t bring herself to care. She could only jump up and down as she squealed, “FINALLY!”

 


A/N: Yes, this is super short. I know. As I said before (in the SC chat) I’ve been thinking about giving up on writing for a while, but then out of nowhere I decided to write a new chapter, and it took me three months… for a 1000 words, yes I’m not proud. But honestly having so many characters and thinking up different plots for each and every one of them for every chapter is becoming harder and harder for me. I think writing short chapters for only a couple of characters at a time might be easier, and result in more updates. It’s also becoming harder to write this, as you might have noticed there’s no mention of MarkMi here since my bias has changed (le gasps xD) and I no longer feel this story like I used to. In other words I am making up a bunch of useless excuses as to why I haven’t updated for like half a year xD But yeah hopefully I’ll be able to update with more frequent short updates (or I’ll just disappear for another 6 months, you never know lol)