Her Story

Let's Not Fall In Luv, Can We ? [EDITING]

It was raining that day as if God knows she was suffering from the inside...

There was no one on the street, she was wondering alone.

It was how she met him for the first time. 

"Are you OK ?" That was his first word to her.

She didn't look up nor answer him. She was too weak to even utter a word.

She had just found out that all this while her best friend had cheated on her. This was a hard truth she must accept. 

"Why can't you stop being naive and innocent? I hate it. Why can't you be more attractive to her? Always make me feel fresh and happy after seeing you ?" He left her after saying that.

'Always make me feel fresh and happy after seeing you ?' She had heard that before.

Yeah, that was when they were still happily together. Spending always every day seeing each other, watching movies every weekend, sharing a cup of coconut milkshake whenever they were in their favorite cafe. Those were memories. Now, he is going to create those with her best friend.

"This is all your fault after all! You can't put all the blame on me! If it isn't you who gave me his number, I wouldn't have done this. And, I can't stop myself liking him. He has everything I want in a guy." Her friend defended herself when she went over to confront her. "You should be grateful for being his girlfriend even though it was merely three months. Don't you know I was jealous of you? You have nothing when I've everything men want, yet you could get such a boyfriend."

She was lucky indeed. She would admit that fact. She was just a normal looking girl that no guys will find interest on her. Still, he came into her life without her knowing. He had ticked every box in her expectation list.

# 1 - know how to play at least one kind of music instrument

# 2 - know how to cook, even though it's just a dessert

# 3 - cares for the young and old

# 4 - cares for animals, especially strays

# 5 - looks incredibly charming when deep in thought

Now, come to think about it, had all her expectation too laughable?

After hearing both sides of stories, she came to a conclusion, she had no one to blame, except herself for being so naive. 

Not knowing what to do, she wandered alone on the street. She was afraid to back to her house where everywhere were filled with memories, either with him or with her. She wanted to be alone, clearing her mind from the mess she is in.

"You look sad. If you don't mind, I'm ready to clear my ears for your story and my shoulders for you to cry."

Ahh, that was what she is looking for at that moment. He came in at the right time for her. Without a word, she leans over and cried her heart out. He pulled her closer to him, calming her down in every way he would. His chest was so warm that she couldn't even feel the cool of the rain. His slow and careful pat on her back made her feel safe.

There will always be a silver lining in every dark cloud. She came to agree with that phrase. When she was down, he had come in as a knight protecting her from doing anything silly. She couldn't be more grateful for that.

After that evening, they became friends. Even though they had a 10 years gap between them, they were shocked to find that they actually shared almost the same interests. 

Now, her weekend was spent fishing with him. Once in a month, they would visit whichever art gallery they bumped into. From there, they became closer and closer until he asked her to be his girlfriend. Since she had already developed feeling towards him, she didn't reject his offer.

He would be by her side when she had presentations for her club and she would follow him whenever his band went for tours. 

Things went on smoothly for the two of them. She thought she had met her prince and was prepared to spend her rest of her life with him. Just then, she received another blow of her life.

He was admitted to the hospital the other day. There, she noticed Him weeping by his bedside. Holding his hands as if he was his dearest. Mumbling words that the only ghost could hear. She braved herself to walk nearer. She almost fell to her feet after hearing what he said.

"How could you? You said you love me, and will never make me sad. Yet, now you are laying here making me worry about you. How could you do this to me? I please you, wake up now and answer me. Our babies are waiting for you at home,"

'Love'?

'Babies'? 

Was he keeping a secret from her?

She asked Him out for a talk. She wanted to know what was really happening. 

"I guess you're the girl he keeps talking about. Honestly, both of us are lover, long before you met him. At first, I was very angry with him for asking you to be his girlfriend. I thought I should be the one and not you. I was very sad at the very beginning. He chose to spend all his time with you and not me. Whenever I ask him out, he would say he is busy. But, I know he is not and he actually went to meet you. Later I came to realize that I'm grateful for your arrival in his life."

She was puzzled. Why should he stopped hating her when she was the third party in their relationship!

"You know what, throughout the five years we spent together, he didn't pick up his pen to write a song nor has the will to make a comeback with his band. All this changed after you came. He would write his songs whenever he has an idea or sings whenever he wishes. He has had his confidence back because of you. I would like to thank you for bringing the real him back. I would not say I love you but I can swear I like you very much as a friend."

"What about those 'babies' you are talking about ?" She asked after digesting every information she heard.

Hahaha... He laughed before he says, "They are our dogs we care. Three of them. If you don't mind, you could come over to our place and have a look at them. They are very cute and adorable."

She nodded. 

She decided to go his place that day. It was a small apartment. There was nothing much in it except that it was full of his and Him's photos. Now, she had realized how happy they were as a couple. She didn't stay long. She left after having lunch with Him. Him was a good cook, she couldn't deny that. No wonder he will always criticize her cooking skills.

Looking out at the sea, she wondered should she continue this realtionship?