A Day at the Mall

First Kiss for Jackson

The next day Mark awoke to an empty bed, it seemed like Jackson actually woke up early for once.

‘Where could he have gone?’ Mark thought. He stood up and made his way around the dorm hoping to find his missing roommate. “Jackson, where are you?” Mark whispered hoping to not wake any of the others. He turned toward the bathroom and knocked on the door, “Jackson?” Mark asked.

“I am in here! Hold on almost done.” Jackson said, he seemed to be panicking. Mark pushed on the door only to be forced back out of the room.

 He tried to open the door once again only to have it open to reveal Jackson who seemed to have just gotten out of the shower and had some foam around his mouth, ‘maybe he was brushing his teeth.’ Mark thought. “Oh, well good morning,” Mark said, “Do you want to sneak out and go eat or something at the mall?”

Jackson looked up at Mark, “Yeah that sounds like fun! Markipoo.” Jackson said sticking out his tongue. Jackson moved Mark to the side so he could go to their shared bedroom to get changed. When he touched Mark’s shoulder Mark gasped at the contact and turned away facing the wall which seemed so much more interesting than anything else at the moment.

“I’ll go change, I will not take long.” Jackson said. He went in for a couple minutes and came back out wearing a snapback hat, some black ripped jeans, a basketball jersey and some high-top shoes.

“Are you going to change Mark?” Jackson asked. Mark looked down at his clothes, Jackson was right. He was only wearing a gray cotton T-shirt and boxers. He went into the bedroom and wore something simple that way they would be able to leave quickly and not waste any time.

They snuck out of the dorm and walked over to a parking lot for public use and waited for one of their friends who could drive to pick them up. They were so nervous they kept walking around the parking lot hoping they would not be seen by the rest of the members.

After a while they saw a car headed toward the parking lot, they stood up as it pulled in and parked. Mark felt his heartbeat quicken, he has not ever snuck out or rebelled against anyone before. It was a new exciting yet nerve wracking moment. “I think our ride is here. Let’s go!” Mark said running toward the car.

Mark opened the back door for Jackson and sat in the front seat himself. He looked over toward the driver, “So I guess we are going to the mall?” The driver questioned. Mark looked over to Bobby. “Yeah, we are hoping to go see a movie called the last which hunter and maybe eat some kimchi or pizza.” Mark said looking back toward Jackson. “Pizza sounds good.” Jackson said.

Mark could drive but he wanted to be able to talk to Jackson while they were heading to the mall. After they arrived they went straight through the entrance to the movie theater and bought the tickets which were surprisingly cheaper than Mark had estimated.

Throughout the entire movie Jackson was tossing and turning in his seat, Mark tried to watch the movie, it was very interesting but it was difficult when you were distracted by the presence of the person next to you. There were only a couple people other than those two in the theater so they had more freedom to hangout than they usually would.

After the movie ended and the credits were rolling Mark waited for the others in the theater to leave then he grabbed Jacksons hand and ran out of the theater and went toward the pretzel stand and ordered two pizza pretzels and a cinnamon pretzel.

“Did you at least buy me one?” Jackson asked. “Why would I? It is my money.” Mark said walking toward a few seats more secluded than the seats in the café.

Jackson sat in the seat next to Mark and sighed. “Even so, did we not sneak out to hang out? I mean you should at least feed me!” Jackson whined. He opened his mouth and pointed to it indicating that he wanted to have some of the pretzel Mark was holding on to. “It is my money… but you can have a bite.” Mark said handing a small piece of the Pizza Pretzel to Jackson.

Jackson smiled as he ate the pretzel, “Thanks!” Jackson replied. Mark placed half of the cinnamon pretzel and a whole pizza pretzel into the bag and handed it to Jackson. Jackson stood in shock, he had no idea Mark would actually give him the rest. Mark walked to throw away the wrapper and sat down in the chair Jackson was sitting in.

                After the shock passed Jackson sat back down in the chair and ate the pretzels that Mark had given him. They were sharing the same chair which was big enough for both of them to sit in yet they were close enough to feel the heat between each other.

                Mark was a bit uncomfortable and sat on the arm of the chair he placed his arm around Jackson and let him finish eating the pretzels he seemed to be enjoying.

                Their conversations were short and after they had finished eating. They headed back to the car Bobby had brought them in and just sat for a while. Laying in the seats just listening to different music and enjoying the peacefulness. After a while Mark laid his head in Jackson’s lap, “Is it okay if I lay here?” Mark asked. “Yeah, go ahead.” Jackson replied.

                Mark laid on Jacksons lap for a while until Jackson leaned his seat back which caused Marks head to roll back. Mark sat up, “Mark? You okay?” Jackson asked. “Yea I am okay, it is just uncomfortable to lay when you are leaning back.” Mark replied.

                Jackson sat his chair back up, “So are we going to go back to the dorm? It’s getting pretty dark out.” Jackson said. “Yeah in a minute.” Mark said. He undid his seat belt and stole a hug from Jackson.

                “W-what was that for?” Jackson gasped. “Nothing I just wanted a hug.” Mark said tilting his head a bit to the side.

                Jackson felt something in his stomach turn, it was so weird. Recently he kept feeling his stomach go fuzzy when he was with Mark, it was not a bad feeling but it felt new. He has never felt this before. He kept silent for a while and then turned back toward Mark. He leaned toward him and gave him a hug. Mark was a bit shocked but he hugged back.

                Mark could feel a blush creeping up on his cheeks. He felt so relieved that it was dark outside. After they were done with hugging Mark turned toward the front of the car. “It’s getting late, we should get back to the dorms.” Mark said. He felt so excited, his heart was racing, and his breath became shallow. Today was one of the best days especially since it was the first time in a long time that he got to hang out alone with Jackson.