Two

The Wallflower
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Two

 

The school hall was filled with numerous of students and some of them were exchanging playful conversation while some were enjoying their peaceful time by having picnic outside with the weather seems nice than yesterday.

In the female restroom on the second floor, Seohyun was checking her appearance from the head to toe. Prior, they were having Home Economy Class for two periods and as usual, she would stand behind and watched her members did the work. She prefers to wash utensils and dishes rather than messing up the dishes that they had put a lot of effort into it.

However, today is not her day. One of her members cut her finger and immediately went to infirmary when the blood won’t stop bleeding. She had to step in when the others were having individual roles and did she mention she had a bad relationship with hot oil?

After ‘fighting’ with the oil to fry the chicken while her arm is already had red mark, she gives up and passed the baton to her brother which he executed well. And today is not an exception. Mustering all the strength she could find in her, she shorten the distance to the hot pan and ready to put the coated fish when one of them accidentally sprayed his wet hand near the pan causing the oil inside to pop and hit her right cheek.

Wasting no time, she put down the bowl and washes her face on the sink. Silently curse, she tried her best to endure the pain. After battling and succeeded in frying the fish, she excused herself to wash the dish and felt relief when the bell rings indicates the recess.

 

After wiping the stain on her uniform and fixing her pigtail hair, she is ready to face the rest of the days. Silently washing her hand, she stepped out from the restroom after before heading to her classroom at the end of hallway.

“I’ve got one pack of red bean bread in the bad. Guess that’s enough for the day. I wonder what is mother will cook today – sweet and sour prawn or kimchi fried rice?” She muttered to herself and nodding at her classmates who caught her eyes.

She found her close classmates, Jung Nicole who was busy writing something on her notebook and a History text book in front of her. With curious feeling, she approached her friend with small smile.

“What are you doing, Nicole? If I’m not mistaken, the subject after recess is English, not History unless there were changes in schedule that I wasn’t being informed.”

The shoulder length hair girl shows her a goofy smile. “Oh, I almost finished my homework due two days after. I’ve got nothing to do after having lunch so I ought to do my homework instead. Where have you been?”

Seohyun pouted in jealousy. “How jealous I am while I didn’t even start any question yet. Oh, I went to the washroom to wash off the stain on my jacket. Seriously, I have a bad relationship with hot oil. It doesn’t like me that much.” She complaints as she took a seat next to Nicole’s table since both of them were tablemates.

Nicole laughed merrily. “I pitied you. Even my group shared the same problem. Thank goodness we don’t need fire extinguisher.” To this, both of them shared a big laugh.

Seohyun suddenly remembers the conversation she heard from her classmates in the washroom previously. “Hey, Nicole. Do we have new teacher? I overheard the girls were talking about it.”

Nicole bobbed her head. “Yeah. A teacher in training. He will be here for three month maximum and will be teaching us English until Mrs. Oh come back from maternal leave. I also heard he is a foreigner.” She grinned before continue her work.

Seohyun shrugged her shoulder. “Oh, well! As long as he good in teaching, I don’t care whoever he was.”

“Of course you are.” Nicole sticks her tongue out.

 

The recess was over and almost everyone was already on their seat, waiting for the teacher to teach them the current period. Since the rumor is already on the air, the girls were gossiping with each other about the new teacher and wondering whether he is handsome and single.

And their questions were finally answered when the door is sliding to the left from outside – revealing a tall and younger looking appearance male with casual clothes entering the class with cold aura.

Seohyun who was staring outside the window, diverting her gaze to the newcomer when the sound of numerous of gasp especially the girls were loud and she didn’t expect to see a familiar face. Her eyes went wide when she noticed this.

With a dark maroon shirt and black slack, plus with a black tie to match with, Luhan looked even more dashing compared to the appearance she saw on previous day where a small gathering held at her house. He even dyed his hair back into a dark brunette to suit the school’s rule and she swore he was directing a sneaky smirk on her way.

She holds back her anger.

Luhan was putting down his books and standing firmly in front of his students as he eyed them one by one. “Good evening class.” Finally, he greeted his students. “My name is Xi Luhan and I’ll be your English teacher until your teacher is back from her maternal leave. I don’t think I need to extend the introduction so we could start the lesson almost right away. Before we start our lesson for today, may someone tell me whether she left all of you with homework?”

The class representative was seen raised up his hand. “She did. Would you like us to submit the book?”

“Yes, please. The faster I mark your work, the sooner you can revise for the preparation for exam.” And thus, all of them were busy taking out the exercise book from the bag and one by one place the book on the teacher’s desk.

While waiting for everyone to submit their work, Luhan used this opportunity to write new syllabus on the white desk. After that, he took his seat back while gazing lazily throughout the classroom.

 

Seohyun groaned in silence – trying her best not to expose the familiarity between two of them or else, they would be a topic of gossip. She tried to act normal – acting like he is any other teacher and not her so-called-fr-enemy.

Unbeknownst to her, Luhan was studying her reaction and wondered what is she feeling right now when she finally know what is his current occupation. However, partially it’s not his fault to be transferring to her school and he was only figure out about this school when her brother, Changmin informed him about her going to this school.

It was a secret between five of them and thank goodness Changmin didn’t blurb out this – thanks to Kyuhyun quick act or else, he hasn’t had a chance to give her a surprise. And to his amusement, she was very awkward and tried to act shy when he knew the exact Juhyun.

‘Oh, I’m going to have fun torturing you, Juhyun. You just wait.’

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter