Three

The Wallflower
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Three

 

Seohyun looked at him with amused expression on her face but she hid it with her poker face as she continues trailing him from behind while he was busy putting down the groceries in the trolley.

“Why don’t you find yourself a girlfriend? She can help to stabilize your life. I mean with your face – you can strike up anyone and they are willing to do that for you.” She said casually; missing a question look from him before changing into neutral.

He sincerely laughed; dismissing her statement as he continues checking the list in case he missed anything from the list and it’s going to be quite a pain in the if he did forget because the time takes to reach the nearby supermarket around 20 minutes.

“Rather than a girlfriend, shouldn’t it be a wife instead? At least she was there every time I get home – welcoming me with a warmth smile.” He finally answered; imagining a particular person in his mind while pushing the trolley to the cashier.

She was flabbergasted for a second there. True, instead of girlfriend, it was much better to have a wife who will be there for you during sickness and happiness. She shook her head before catching up to his stride.

“You have someone in mind?” She popped out the question when the cashier was just scanning the last grocery.

Luhan looked up from his phone and watched her honest expression – waiting an answer from him. He kept his mouth shut and instead, pay the bill and took all the groceries without giving one to her.

He didn’t said anything until they reached the car and he unloaded the groceries into the bonnet of car. Slightly impatient, she asked the same question again.

“What is wrong with you, Juhyun? Why are you so concern with my love life? The fact that one day I’m going to get married affecting your life – is that it?”

Seohyun sighed. “I’m just curious, that’s all. I mean everyone in the group surely have someone in their life to spend the rest of the time with and I’m going to miss the quirkiness and fun we have.”

“Ah, miss wallflower here is going to miss everyone whom dear to her. Don’t worry, everyone still regard you as their younger sister so there is no chance they would forget about you.”

“You still didn’t answer my question, Luhan.” She cheekily said it.

Luhan merely sneered at her antic. “Oh, you will know it someday but not now. We are here.” He stopped at the front gate of her house. “Send my regards to your parents and don’t forget to lock the gate.”

“I know, I know. Sheesh, you’re like an old man!” She protested but a smile was lingering on her face. “Good night and thank you for the meal, Luhan.” She bowed to him slightly and heading inside without waiting for his reply.

Luhan watched her back gone from his sight before changing the gear and drove away. He muttered ‘good night’ almost softly into the wind yet hoping it reach to her ear.

 

Today is like the rest of the day; similar and nothing new happened except the additional of new teacher whom she still has a grudge on. Pushing the glasses back to the nose, Seohyun returned what she did prior, skimming the Romeo and Juliet literature with uninterested look. It’s not like she unnoticed all of her classmates especially female seems preoccupied with this popular literature to give more understanding before Mr. Luhan here explained briefly about the story.

She jotted a few quick notes on her book and pages to read certain paragraph that caught her attention. She was concentrating on her work that she didn’t noticed a short piece of paper on the table.

Taking the piece of paper with curious and recognizing the handwriting of the person who wrote these, she holds herself from smiling widely. ‘Nicole, what are you thinking?’

On the piece of paper, she wrote ‘The teacher is looking at you for several times today. Think he has something for you?’

Seohyun almost crumpled the paper in case anyone else read it but as a wise person like she always be, she straightened her back and pretending the content on the paper didn’t surprised her.

She wrote back with short reply, ‘Don’t think so. Maybe I’m the odd one among us.’ She casually slide the paper on her table next to hers. From the side of her eyes, she could see Nicole was holding back her laughter and she felt relief. Inside her mind, she was already slaughtered and revived Luhan thousand times.

‘What is wrong with you?’ She huffed in anger; unaware Luhan noticed everything from the moment Nicole placed the paper on Seohyun’s desk. He laughed in silence.

 

During recess, both Seohyun and Nicole parted way after having lunch together with Seohyun went to the library while Nicole is heading to gymnasium because she had a quick meeting with the rest of the volleyball team.

As usual like a routine to her, she would scanning the fiction section book and pulling out a semi-thick book before heading to her spot near the window pane which the scenery is beautiful with the trees and flowers planted by the gardener. She read the first page with free, relax mind to immerse herself into the book as part of the characters.

Well, or so she thoughts before someone suddenly intruding her peaceful time by pulling the chair and sat themselves without asking permission. Seohyun got irritated with the noise – almost slamming down the book and was going to give the person a piece of mind when a familiar face appeared in front of her face.

She groaned frustrated. “What do you want Mr. Luhan? Don’t you think you have your fun by checking me out in the class until my friend found out? Huh?” Her eyes purpos

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter