Bedtime story - Not fandom

DBSK/JYJ Moments

For you. My very own version of the Three Little Pigs. My little one has discovered staying awake. It's either made up stories or me singing. Be happy you can not hear me singing. LOL


Once upon a time there were three little pigs living in a forest. They were still very young and were about to live through their very first Winter. That meant that they needed to consider the matter of shelter, that is, building a house.
The younger brother Lazy suggested straw. The middle brother So-So frowned his nose and said sticks would be better. The older brother Practical rolled his eyes and said that they would have to build a new house for the following Winter if they used straw or sticks. Bricks was the better choice.
"But that will take forever."
"Yes, but it will also last."


In the end, they could not agree so each brother decided to build his own house.
Lazy finished first and was free to tease his two brothers.
So-So finished next and was very proud of his stick house. He knew it was more resistent than Lazy's house and had taken him less time than Practical's house.
Practical was tired, still carrying bricks around and on top of that, he had to endure his two brothers mocking him. However, he was determined to only build his house once and build it the very best he could.
And so, the days went by. The two younger brothers singing, dancing, playing and teasing their older brother. Practical ignored them and kept working his best to be finished before their first Winter.

One morning, the sky woke up cloudy and dark. Winter had arrived. And with it came wind and rain.
Lazy was calm and warm in his new house listening to the rain and wind outside. But the rain and wind kept getting stronger. The straw could stand the rain easily; however, the wind started to bend the walls and blow away the roof. Suddenly a stronger gush of wind carried the house away. Lazy was left blinking in the middle of what used to be his living room.
So-So sat in a chair preparing lunch, all happy that his house was surviving it's first test. Then he heard Lazy knocking on his door.
"Brother, let me in. The wind carried away my house."
So-So laughed at Lazy. His brother was all wet and cold.
"Maybe you should have used sticks like I did."
They managed to have lunch before the storm got even worse. Just as So-So was happily talking about how his house was well built, a drop of water fell on his head, followed by another and then another. Soon, the two brothers were as wet inside the house as they would be if they were outside. It turned out that the sticks were not very good to keept the rain out.

Practical had a nice fire in his fireplace. It had taken him a lot of effort to build the house with a fireplace but now he was very happy about it, not to mention the hard work of storing a lot of dry wood. The house was toasty warm despite the chill outside. The rain was pouring now and the wind was howling.
Amidst the noise, he thought he heard his brother's voices.
"Let us in. Let us in."
"What? What are you two doing outside in this weather?"
"My house got carried away by the wind."
"It rains inside my house."

Practical opened the door and let them inside. His two brother were shivering with cold. After getting them towels and dry clothes, he gave them some of his warm soup that he had made for dinner.
Lazy and So-So looked around Practical's house with wonder. It was spacious, confortable and warm. The brick walls kept both the rain and wind outside. The fireplace warmed their chilled bones and they considered that this was a good place to live.
"I saw you have spare rooms. Can we stay here with you?"
"No."
"No? Why not?"
"You guys kept teasing me when I built it. You didn't help me. Why should you stay?"
"Please. We'll do anything. We have nowhere to go."
"Well... maybe... I mean, it is a bit big. Maybe you can help me clean it?
"What? ... No."

Practical knew his two lazy brother's very well. He simply got up and went to a window, opening it a little bit. He opened just enough to allow a little of the wind inside. Immediatly both Lazy and So-So jumped up, going nearer to the fireplace and started to swear they were going to help Practical clean the house. The older brother turned his back to close the window with a smile.
And so it happened that the three little pigs started to live together in the pretty brick house. They learned to work together to clean the house and maintain it. Winter after Winter the house stood proud and gave them shelter.