Chapter 2

Ice cream

Inside the car, Yoorin keep looking out of the window, avoiding his gaze. He chuckled at her reaction.

"Yoorin, is there something wrong?"

"Nothing." Of course she would say nothing. She's not crazy. She won't tell him that she like him since they were kids.

Ever since the incident, Yoorin and Lay got close. Turns out, they were staying not far from each other. At the same neighbourhood. They often play together. There were also others. Luhan was on of them, they grew up together. The rest were Tao, Chen and Xiumin. Yes, 5 guys and a girl. She was treated like a princess back then, and even now. But Chen and Xiumin went back to Seoul as their parents think it's best to learn more about Korean heritage or something like that.

When they left, Yoorin didn't wanna accept the given reason. She refuse to. Being part korean and part chinese, she was a 'middle sibling' to the six of them. But, even when they leave, they still kept in contact with each other.

"Yoorin~" Lay looks at her. The car stopped. She looks around to see they were not far from Wangjifung shopping street. This is where it all begin.

"Oh. We're here. Wait, why are we here again?" She has no idea on Lay's plan. Lay opens the passenger door and held out his hand.

"Shall we?" Just like before. She couldn't help herself from smiling.

 

They walk around the shopping district. They were a lot of people today. Plus they were selling heart shapes stuff and also flowers. That's odd.

"You ok?" She turns to Lay and nod.

"There are so many people." He looks at her as if she forgotten something.

"Yoorin, today is Valentine's day." Really??

"Ah... No wonder the cafe was packed with couples today and that Mr Dan wants us to close early. And also the fact that he was only in half day." Lay just keep smiling at her.

"I should have known that you're clueless about today." Of course. I have nobody. The thought of it makes her heart hurts. Then Lay slides his hand to hers and pulls her to a familiar place. He place her at a spot. Just then, a group of people walks up to them. They were her friends. Tao, Luhan, Mei and even Xiumin and Chen was there. She was about to walk to them but Lay started to talk, with a mic!

"Yoorin" His voice were loud and clear, making everybody at the streets turn their heads.

"Lay, what are you doing?" It comes out as a whisper. A small laugh escape from him. She could see their friends were holding their laughter when they sees her horified face.

"Yoorin, on Mei 14 1996, this is where i first lay my eyes on you. We were 5 years old at that time. You were standing here with your ice cream, smiling so sweetly. Wearing a baby blue dress with a blue ribbon on your hair. Then, you were separated from your mom. You were crying. I aproach you and help you to look for her."

Everybody was listening. It was embarrasing. I could feel that my face goes red.

"And after 19 years, here we are again. But with a different time and scene. We got to be close and make friends with them." Refering to their friends.

"Back then, i was with you when you smile and cried. And now I still wanna be there when you smile or cry." His eyes glued to hers. Where is he going with this?

"Lay"

"What i'm trying to say is, would you be my girl?" My heart skipped a beat.

"I know this is all of  sudden and i never said anything about how i feel.And and-"

"Lay" She nod. He stopped his rants and looks at her.

"Yes, i accept." Then everybody clapped. Woah. The crowd got bigger. There were cheers from everybody. Lay held her and lift her up, then kiss her lips as he put her down.

"My princess, my love." Everything was perfect. To think it started with the ice cream.