Chapter 1

Ice cream

*PAST*

On a fine day in Mei, a little girl and her mother went out for shopping at the busy Wangfujing shopping street. 

"Mommy"

"Yes dear?" The lady bend down to hear what her daughter have to say. She was only 5 years old.

"I want ice cream." Her mom smile at her and nod.

As the two of them were walking around, something caught the little girl's eyes. It was a little boy her age with his parents. He was also holding an ice cream. He little boy saw that she was looking, then wink at her. She blush and waved at the boy. Waving at the boy, she realises her left hand was free from her mom. She turn around to look for her mom but she was no where near her.

"Mommy?" She turn and turn around to look for her. Tears started to fill her eyes.

"Mommy? Where are you?" Her cheeks were wet as the tears rolls down. She squats down, crying as her ice cream melts at her hand.

 

Suddenly, there was a tap on her shoulder. She look up to see the little boy who she had waved to looking down at her.

"Why are you crying? Your ice cream are melting" The litttle boy smile. He has a hole on his cheek. It made her giggle a little.

"I lost my mommy." The little boy widen his eyes then hold out his hand to her.

"Come, let's find your mommy." She puts her hand on his and walks to his parents. Soon after, the little girl was reunited with her mommy with the help of the little boy and his parents.

 

 

*PRESENT*

Yoorin cleans up the last table for the night.

"There. Clean as a whistle." She smile at her work.

"Rin rin~ Don't daydream again. I have a date with Luhan~ Today is an important day!" She turns to her bestie, smiling big. Weirdo

"Alright alright. Sheesh. I just don't get it." Mei could only roll her eyes at friend.

"You know what Rinrin? Someday a guy would just walk in that door and sweep you of your feet. Plus knocking out some sense to that brain of yours." Yoorin sweeps off Mei's hand off her shoulder. 

"Neva gonna happen." It's impossible. Who would even want her? Just as Mei wanted to say something, the cafe bell rings.

"Are you done baobei?" Luhan.

"Oh, you're here! Wait, give me just a sec." Mei dashes out back and disappear to the staff room.

"Hey Yoorin. How's things with Yixing?" He chuckled. What's up with him?

"Huh? What do you mea-" Mei come rushing in like a sandstorm in the desert.

"Done! Let's go. Rinrin, help to close up? And don't be late! Bye." Dragging the Smiling Luhan. Don't be late?

 

Hmm..I wonder what it means. Keep getting that lately from them. Yoorin brushes of the thought and heads back to clean a few more things before closing the shop. By 6pm, she was done. Excellent. Right on time. She took off the apron and place it neatly in her locker. Just then, the bell of the cafe rings again. A customer? She goes out to tell the person that their close. A man was standing by the cashier.

"Hey, we're clos-" Then the guy turns around. Lay aka Yixing, with his dimpled smile.

"Hey" Gosh, so handsome. Wait. What is he doing here?

"Hey yourself. What are you doing here?" She couldn't help herself from smiling. 

"Picking you up. We're going out." He winks at her. He winks. I think i'm gonna faint! Wait. Why am i like this? She shook off her head.

"You ok?" Lay walks towards her, concern, placing his hand on her cheek. Yup. Am gonna faint. Why does he has this effect on me?

"I'm fine. I go grab my stuff." Lay smiles at her reaction.