Thirty-Eight

Need a Roommate?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Enjoy!

Baekhyun groans at the name but continues to dance. “Yah,” he shouts through the loud music. “Kim Jongin!” Baekhyun truly wonders when Jongin will stop calling him Byun. It in infuriates him in so many levels. “Do you want to die –” Baekhyun abruptly turns around, ready to flick Jongin on the forehead when he stumbles in surprise, gasping. “Mr. Lee!”

He blinks dumbly as he tries to focus on the man in front of him, scoffing. Baekhyun makes a mental note to himself as he stares at his professor who is smiling at him – I really dislike Mr. Lee’s perfect smile.

Mr. Lee seems to be very amused by his straight ‘A’ student acting all loose and pretty much drunk. Mr. Lee can’t help but to chortle at the way that Baekhyun tries to keep his posture. The younger silently curses for feeling already so damn tipsy. But who can blame him? Baekhyun couldn’t stop drinking right after Chanyeol left their side to dance with that annoying girl.

To say that Baekhyun is not annoyed would be a vicious lie. It’s not fair that Chanyeol gets to flirt around with girls. So, why can’t Baekhyun do the same? Oh, right! He is gay and Chanyeol doesn’t know that!

That is why when Mr. Lee calls him again, a grin spreads over his small yet lethal lips. “Ahh, no!” he giggles, smiling teasingly at the now curious professor. “We are not in campus, Dennis,”

Mr. Lee finds Baekhyun’s pocking to his chest rather amusing, cute and very y.

However, Baekhyun’s eyes land on the girl grinding so shamelessly against Chanyeol’s tall frame and darkly glare at her. Mr. Lee frowns at the way that Baekhyun glares, noticing the source of Baekhyun’s annoyance. He spots Baekhyun’s roommate dancing with a pretty girl and laughs. – He is jealous.

Mr. Lee is not stupid and he does not ignore the feelings that Baekhyun has towards his roommate. That – however – is not going to stop him from courting the younger.

Feeling suddenly very thirsty, Baekhyun stares at the appealing glass in Mr. Lee’s hand and pulls it away from him. Baekhyun gulps whatever the hell it is that Mr. Lee was currently drinking without thinking it. Only that he ends up gagging the next instant. “It burns!” he chocks as he taps on his chest harshly. 

Laughing rather apologetically, Mr. Lee says, “Yeah that was scotch on the rocks, Byun.”

Baekhyun glares at the now empty glass. The sudden wave washing through his body makes him smile like a complete idiot. Baekhyun holds onto the professor, giggling.

Yeah, the scotch is already affecting him and Mr. Lee is pretty much aware of it. “Baekhyun?” Jongin removes the glass from Baekhyun’s hand, smelling the strong odor in disapproval. He turns to face the culprit who had just handed Baekhyun a sinful glass of a very strong drink only to frown at the man. “Mr. Lee?”

Said man greets Jongin back but his eyes are still pretty much glued to the way that Baekhyun swings his hips from one side to the other. “Teachers aren’t supposed to hand their students drinks, sir.” Mr. Lee doesn’t say anything as his eyes avert from a very seductive Baekhyun to his ex-student.

And he doesn’t know whether to laugh of be annoyed by the look that Jongin is sending him.

Dancing smoothly against the music, Baekhyun turns around to gawk at Jongin. “I am not a kid anymore, Nini!” says Baekhyun while shamelessly snuggling closer to his professor. “And...” Baekhyun’s experimenting finger runs along the side of Mr. Lee’s chin. “We are not in school.” giggling, Baekhyun goes back to dancing, jumping up and down.

Jongin wonders when Baekhyun became a sinful dancer. He would have felt proud if under different circumstances. Eyes enlarging bigger than ever, Jongin gasps when Baekhyun wraps his arms around Mr. Lee’s neck. “Yah! Eish, Byun Baekhyun!”

Baekhyun struggles as he pulls on Mr. Lee’s neck harder. “Let me go! I want to dance with Dennis!” Baekhyun pouts but smiles when he feels Mr. Lee’s hands holding him tight by his waist. “Dennis do you want to dance with me~” Baekhyun purrs into Mr. Lee’s ear emitting a rather excited nod from the elder.

And Jongin is just about to pull his hairs out. Though, he stops when Junmyeon comes to his rescue. Without saying a word, Junmyeon grabs Baekhyun and drags him into their table. All along, Baekhyun whines and kicks but that doesn’t stop Junmyeon.

Instead, Junmyeon orders a few bottles of water. Once the water reaches them, Junmyeon shoves a bottle to Baekhyun, asking the younger to drink it all up. “I am very sorry,” Junmyeon apologizes to Mr. Lee who had followed them much to Jongin’s dismay. “Baekhyun is not a good drinker...”

“I am n-not thirsty anymore!” Baekhyun pushes the second bottle to the side only to have it shove at him once again by a very angry looking Jongin.

“Drink it all up, Baekhyun!” commands Jongin in a serious tone of voice.

However, Jongin’s temples start to hurt when Baekhyun shakes his head. “Dance with me, Dennis, yes?” Jongin grabs his jacket and throws it at Baekhyun. The jacket lands on Baekhyun’s head, causing the others to start laughing except for Jongin.

“Acting all cute and clingy when drunk, who let him drink?” Jongin glares at everyone, huffing when Baekhyun removes the jacket from his face to send him an innocent smile.

Chanyeol was still dancing with the girl when he noticed that his friends were not on the dance floor anymore. It’s been almost an hour since he left his table and he is starting to miss his friends, or rather a certain roommate.

He doesn’t want to be rude but he is getting tired and worried. “He can’t drink much. Are the others taking care of him?” he mutters with a frown.

“Huh, who are you talking about?” Chanyeol silently curses for as he just remembered that he is not alone.

The architect stops dancing with a shake of his head. “You should go ahead and have a drink with your friends. I need to get back to mine, too.” pouting, the girl nods in agreement. But not before making Chanyeol promise her to have a drink with her later.

Agreeing against his will, Chanyeol simply nods before walking away from her.

 

 

Mr. Lee is starting to grow annoyed of Jongin’s constant glaring. He does not recall ever doing something to the younger for him to be receiving such treatment. Jongin was expecting for Mr. Lee to just walk away – to go back to his friends but that didn’t happen.

Mr. Lee just wouldn’t move from Baekhyun’s side.

Let Byun Baekhyun get drunk for his true identity to come out. Jongin can’t help but panic, thinking that Baekhyun is in danger. However, he is not going to allow any of what he is thinking to come true. “Shouldn’t we do something about Baekhyun?” Taemin scratches the back of his neck and the others turn to look at Baekhyun.

They sighed at Baekhyun who is so bluntly flirting with the professor.

Yixing, Junmyeon and Jongin stare at Baekhyun for a bit longer before sighing once again. The professor seems to be enjoying Baekhyun’s company awfully very much. “Gross!” Jongin gags when Mr. Lee wraps an arm around Baekhyun’s waist.

“What if Chanyeol sees him like this?” Taemin questions again.

That grabs Kyungsoo’s attention. Everything about Baekhyun seems to scream I like men. Kyungsoo is seriously starting to question Baekhyun’s uality. He doesn’t recall Baekhyun ever telling him that they are gay. He can only guess that maybe they are – giving the situation with him and Jongin.

Junmyeon notices the frown in Kyungsoo’s head. He pulls the younger with him to the other side of their table and says, “Baekhyun is gay,” Kyungsoo eyes Baekhyun rather incredulously. “Chanyeol doesn’t know it, though. I don’t see why we should hide it from you. We all pretty much have that in common, well, except for Taemin.”

It all makes sense now. All the time Kyungsoo thought that he just couldn’t figure Baekhyun turn out to be because they are the same. If this is Baekhyun’s true persona then he must be a very good actor. Though, Kyungsoo did manage to see through him a couple of times.

The boy is too flamboyant for his own good. “Baekhyun was against hiding it. He’s always been pretty clean about his uality until he met Chanyeol. That is what Jongin told me.”

“Why hide it from Chanyeol then?” Kyungsoo asks with a frown.

Junmyeon shrugs as he glances at Baekhyun. It is not in him to say why and Junmyeon is not about to make things more complicated for poor Kyungsoo. The young man must be struggling already with his mixed feelings. He has Jongin and Chanyeol to worry about for the moment. “I guess we are just afraid of what the others might think of us once they find out who we really are.”

“It happens to all of us, I guess.” Kyungsoo comments before taking a sip of his beer, earning a nod of agreement from Junmyeon.

However, his eyes landed on the dancer who had just jumped from his spot. He followed the younger with his eyes but lost him soon through the crowd, wondering where the younger could have gone to.

Jongin felt a wave of relief wash over him when he spotted Chanyeol walking towards them. But he needed to talk to the architect in private and that is why he had left running.

He stops the architect on his tracks, panting while glaring at the tall idiot.

Chanyeol muffled groan does not goes unnoticed by Jongin. The architect lets Jongin know that he is tired and that he wants to rest for a while. He obviously hides the fact that he is dying to check on Baekhyun. “You really are an idiot!”

Chanyeol’s annoyed look turns into a scold. He pushes the younger to the side because he really does not have the time to deal with Jongin at the moment. However, Jongin prevents him from moving even an inch.

“You should probably stop flirting with obnoxious girls if you already like someone! Baekhyun is over there getting -faced while you... well, while you dance with complete strangers!”

“And how is that affecting Baekhyun?” Chanyeol groans when Jongin pulls him back. “Yah, don’t you see that I want to sit down for a while?”

“No, I guess then that it wouldn’t matter to you if Baekhyun dances with someone else?” Jongin rolls his eyes. “I guess Baekhyun would be much better with him. He is a bit taller than you, has a gorgeous smile according to him and is an excellent professor.”

Chanyeol’s annoyed glared turns into a serious frown. “What do you mean?” he asks as he searches for their table. However, the place is starting to get more crowded, making it so damn difficult for Chanyeol to spot the table.

Jongin whines rather exasperated. “He is very drunk! That stupid teacher is with him and he won’t let go of him. Why is he here? And Baekhyun is pretty much acting like a cat in heat around him. I can’t allow for Mr. Lee to take advantage of Baekhyun but he just won’t listen to me! Yah, do you like Baekhyun or not!”

Chanyeol covers Jongin’s mouth. He looks around and finally spots his table with all of his friends around it. “Wait, what?” Chanyeol brows furrowed. “The teacher – Mr. Lee!” Jongin nods with a roll of his eyes, tapping Chanyeol’s hand that’s still covering his mouth.

“Yes, and you know how Baekhyun gets when he is drunk. I shouldn’t have asked him to keep it a secret from you. It’s making things to him. He is highly frustrated and so am I!”

“Chanyeol I can’t keep it a secret from him for much longer. He needs to know already. And that old man seems to be enjoying Baekhyun’s hands on him – yah!” Jongin yells at Chanyeol who is already fuming his way towards their table.

Chanyeol doesn’t want to hear Jongin anymore. He shouldn’t really be wasting any more time if what Jongin is saying is true. That is why he rushes his way towards their table and finds that Baekhyun is indeed sitting comfortably beside a very pleased looking Mr. Lee.

Something inside of him fires up and it makes him very angry. “Can we dance now, Dennis?” and he hates how seductive Baekhyun sounds to Mr. Lee. “Yes?” filled with so much cuteness at the same time.

Chanyeol can’t take it anymore. It’s eating him alive.

“Baekhyun,” Chanyeol stands in front of his roommate while glaring at Mr. Lee.

Baekhyun turns around and finds his roommate staring at him. He blinks for a couple of seconds before snorting. “Are you done dancing with that preeeutty girl?” there is so much sarcasm in Baekhyun’s voice – so much that it causes the others to cringe. “Go ahead! Refresh yourself. You don’t want to keep her waiting much – do you?” Baekhyun clicks his tongue with a roll of his eyes.

Frowning, Chanyeol doesn’t care if the others are staring at him. All he knows is that he doesn’t need to refresh himself and that he wants Mr. Lee far away from his roommate.

What is that teacher even doing there? Wait, did Baekhyun invite him? Oh, that irritates Chanyeol even more. “Hurry, Chanyeol!” Baekhyun shakes the beer in his hand for Chanyeol to grab it. “She must not be left alone for so long if you want to take her home!”

“Oww,” Taemin lets out an awkward huff.

Yixing and Junmyeon both face-palm. They both find the scene rather amusing and embarrassing at the same time. Baekhyun is making a fool out of himself. – What is going on? Kyungsoo stares at Chanyeol with a frown. Why is Chanyeol angry?

And why is Baekhyun acting like a jealous girlfriend? “Hurry up and leave!”

“I don’t want to dance with her, dammit!” Chanyeol grunts in exasperation.

Realization hits Kyungsoo like a bucket of ice water. Baekhyun is gay and he must like Chanyeol. And Chanyeol must... but that can’t be true!

Having have had enough, Dennis stands up from his spot. Chanyeol instantly glares at him, standing in front of Baekhyun. “He wants to dance with me.” Mr. Lee says with a chuckle.

“Yes!” Chanyeol growls when Baekhyun jumps into Mr. Lee’s arms. “Yah!” Baekhyun glowers at Chanyeol who is holding him by the arm. “Let go, Chanyeol.”

Chanyeol lets go of the younger as he realizes how ridiculous he is being. Baekhyun takes it as a green light and pulls Dennis with him and into the dance floor, huffing. – Who does he think he is? Baekhyun is angry and jealous but mostly confuse.

Why is Chanyeol acting like that? Why is he being so protective of him all of the sudden? And why is he all touchy and flirty to him? It’s tiring Baekhyun so much.

Chanyeol has no right to be angry or to be glaring at Mr. Lee – not at all.

“Chanyeol –” Kyungsoo gasps when Chanyeol grabs him by the arm, dragging him towards the men’s room.

The architect reaches through the cubicles to see if someone is there. Kyungsoo raises a brow, laughing dryly. If his suspicions are correct then he is in deep . Baekhyun happens to be just like him and he lives with Chanyeol under the same roof. However, there is no way that Chanyeol would ever...

He just can’t!

It wouldn’t be fair to Kyungsoo. Though, that is not what seems to be bothering Kyungsoo.

What is truly bothering him is that he never came clean to Chanyeol. He never expressed his feelings to his best friend. What type of friend does that? They are best friends after all.

Moreover, Kyungsoo knows Chanyeol from head to toe. He knows when something is bothering the elder, when he is being possessive or when he wants something. He knows that Chanyeol would have never done something to him after knowing such secret of his.

There is Kim Junmyeon to prove it.

The architect seems perfectly fine with Junmyeon being a happy homoual.

Kyungsoo knows deep in him that Chanyeol would have simply accepted him. Maybe not his feelings but who Kyungsoo is. That is what angers Kyungsoo the most. However, that does not change the fact that he is a bit jealous. –Sometimes your first love is not the one for you.

“Why?” Kyungsoo mutters sadly as he stares at the tiled floor.

“Sorry?” Chanyeol stops walking back and forth as he faces the younger.

Kyungsoo then shakes his head with a small smile. “Why are we here?” he asks after a few seconds of silence.

The architect frowns as he goes ov

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter