Pinky; For Sweet Everlasting Promises

Five Points: Behind Our Love

Lee Taemin became my life-long partner through marriage, and on his finger is the same ring I gave to him at the amusement park seven years ago. He says that it’s better than any other engagement/wedding and he wanted to keep it on. Even though we’re married, I didn’t want him to change his last name because it’s perfect the way it is, so we both agreed that he’d keep it that way as well. I honestly feel like I’m the luckiest guy in the world with the most amazing and most beautiful ‘wife’ ever! And I can finally say that I’m happy and satisfied with the relationship we have now.

We lived the rest of our high school lives happily as the school’s sweethearts and nothing stopped us from expressing our love to one another. In class, we’d hold hands under our desk. At lunch, we’d use the excuse of having something by their our mouths just so that we could kiss each other. And whenever we were alone, we’d cuddle up and talk about the future.
 
Our perfect future became a reality. 
 
I walked through the hallway of our comfortable house and stopped at the doorway of the spare room we kept full of everything sentimental to us. “You have the strange habit of sitting alone.” I said once I found my wife sitting comfortably in a chair with a photo album book in his lap.
 
Taemin looked up from the album and smiled at me. There hasn’t been much change in his appearance and he still looks just as beautiful as I remember him, or maybe even more! “Oh, I’m sorry!”
 
“Don’t apologise, I need to get away from you sometimes anyway.” I teased.
 
“Yah, you’re evil!” Taemin cried.
 
“I’m kidding, Taebaby.” I assured him as I entered the room. I seated myself on the arm of the chair he was sitting in and looked at the photos of us from over his shoulder. The photos went all the way back to our days in middle school to now. “What made you want to look at this all of a sudden?” I asked curiously.
 
“I was just thinking back to the day we met and how we got together.” Taemin answered fluently.
 
“Funny, I was thinking about the same thing.” I said. “I can’t believe we’ve been together for so long, time has flown.”
 
“I can’t believe that I swore at you like that.” Taemin groaned, cringing at his own memories. “Did I really give you the middle finger and tell you to go yourself?”
 
I laughed at how easily embarrassed he got over such small things. “I believe you did.” I replied.
 
He moaned and fell head first in to my lap. “And you still put up with me? You’re so good, hyung!” He praised with a pout.
 
“It’s not like that.” I told him. “Loving someone means accepting them for who they are and you’ll always be perfect to me.”
 
“You’re so sweet.” Taemin said as he reached out to hold my hand. Whenever our hands are entwined, they fit perfectly and we both feel warmth.
 
I leaned in a planted a kiss on his cheek, and I stayed close to him and rested my head against his. “I honestly never want to let you go, not for anyone or anything.” I told him.
 
“Then don’t and let’s make a promise.” He offered, raising his pinky up. "The perfect pinky promise where we both promise something to the other.”
 
“Alright then.” I agreed, and then I brought up my pink and hooked it around his gently. It felt like we were teenagers making a pact. “I promise to always love and cherish you, Lee Taemin.”
 
“And I promise to always be yours forever.” Taemin lovingly responded with.
 
Good, because I don’t want to almost lose you again.
 
If I look back on all of our time together from start to finish, I never would’ve thought that this moment would ever happen. Taemin was this shy and quiet kid that no one understood properly in the beginning and even I couldn’t figure him out at first. All I had to work with was this feeling inside that told me he was interesting and that he had so much to show the world. I wanted to befriend him and know everything about him as much as I possibly could. When we became friends, I was thrilled and I vowed to always be there for him whenever I could. I never wanted to let our time go to waste and I never wanted our relationship to be taken for granted. Even when Taemin was being moody or upset, I still wanted to be by him. 
 
Through the good and the bad, Taemin is still the person I love. These five points in our relationship are what brought us together and gave us the happy lifestyle we’re living now. And I’m happy that I’m able to count up each point with a single hand and whenever Taemin does the same he gets to admire his ring. 
 
In the end, if we didn’t have five fingers then not every single moment we faced would’ve been able to be counted for anything. And if we didn’t have five fingers then we wouldn’t be able to hold hands and walk forward together.