American Buddies

Heart 4 Two

LEXIE POV

I left airport in hurry. That was already late evening and I was really tired. My bus 6020 should be here in 5 minutes and I still need to charge my t-money card. I run between people I finally I was almost on the bus stop. I saw my bus but… It already drove away.

‘Holly … You gotta be kiddin’ me…’ I mumbled and sigh. Next 20 minutes waiting. I put my luggage on ground and sit down with my phone. ‘Unnie, I’m in Incheon. I didn’t catch my bus so I’ll be in dorm later. Lexie.’ I wrote to my manager and start playing games. One music game, quiz, Jurassic World… Where is my…. Oh, here we go. I stood up and gave my luggage to older man than enter bus. I was that tired that I even don’t remember when we started going. And I have no idea when those almost two hours disappear but I was woken up by driver. When I opened my eyes and saw his face I could clearly see he was not sure if I understand him.

‘Oh, mianhamnida. I fall asleep. We’re in Yeoksam?’ I asked in Korean. His relief was even funny.

‘Ne, sorry for waking you up. But I guess you don’t wish to go back to airport.’ He answered as we left bus and he gave me my luggage. I took it from him, wish him safe way going back and start going to my dorm. Why it was so heavy…? Ah, I took so many things, those CDs probably are that heavy. And that laptop in my hand luggage. Few times I was really annoyed because… you know how it looks in Asian movies? Small streets going up and down, to the right to the left… Many times my luggage almost fall down. Catching it was really annoying. Finally I saw my hotel. I started walking faster, I wanted to be in bed so badly. And of course my luggage tried to fall again.

‘ing luggage!’ I curse and kick in back to the position.

‘Woah, language girl~’ I heard amused laugh.

ARON POV

I was going back from beer with Rome. All members went back to their hometowns for Chusok, only I’m in Seoul. Perfect timing, I missed my friends from here. If I just wasn’t sick, that would be perfect two weeks before going back to Japan. I cough few times and sniff. Damn, seriously… Is that fever or it’s getting cold. Now I wish to be in my bed.

I saw her when I got closer to our apartment. Tall, American girl with long blond hair, she was pulling big luggage and she had big hand luggage, she was getting closer to our apartment. My mom told me that our new trainee was going to pick my macbook, that was probably this girl. She didn’t say she is so beautiful. Or she did but I didn’t care. I smiled watching her going so fast, I could see she was tired. Suddenly her luggage turn to right and start falling down.

‘ing luggage!’ she cursed and kick it back before it fell. I laughed.

‘Woah, language girl~’ I said coming closer to her. She turned to me and just stay frozen for short while.

LEXIE POV

I turned to see who said that and to apologize but my words stayed in my throat when my eyes met Aron’s eyes. Great… He saw me fighting with my own luggage and screaming and cursing on it.

‘Oh c’mon. Almost no one here would understand me’ I said trying to ignore blushing, he laughed again.

‘True. But here we have a lot of people speaking English like me, Joshua, Vernon… Anyways, I understood you~ You need some help?’ he asked and point at my luggage. I didn’t want to be considered as weak girl so I shook my head.

‘No need. I’m almost there, so…’ I tried to move on, but luggage turn and fall again. He laughed.

‘I see. C’mon, I’ll take it for you. Also I think you have something for me, don’t you?’ he asked taking my luggage. I looked at him and rise my eyebrows.

‘I do. I was about to say that you have to deserve it but you’re already taking this luggage for me’ this time I laughed and he returned. We both went inside.

ARON POV

I didn’t expect her to be so nice and funny. Not only she was beautiful. I was wondering about her talent. She was talented for sure. How come white girls is in Korean label, there was no other way, she must be extremely good in what she’s doing. I looked at her and smiled. She… look kinda familiar.

‘You’re from LA, right?’ I asked her when we went to elevator.

‘Yeah, we live kinda close to each other. It took only 10 minutes by foot before I got to your house.’ Ah so maybe that’s why she looks familiar. Living next to each other we probably met few times but never talk.

‘You look really familiar. Probably we raised on same playground. How old are you?’ I asked.

‘Hannah said same. I knew your sister Grace, when she had training for lifesaver on beach. I’m only few month younger than you. I was born on 15th November 1993.’ She answered. Oh, so she knows me. She was that calm so I thought she choose Pledis for After School.

‘Ah, so yeah. Probably we met in LA few times. But I looked kinda different that time so probably I wasn’t interesting enough’ I joked and she laughed. Her laugh sounds so melodic. What am I thinking about…?

‘You know, before high school I had brown hair. Blonde is not my natural color, so I wasn’t interesting enough too.’ She said with smile when we left elevator. I looked at her. I was about to say that I think she would look better in dark hair but I kept it for myself.

‘You’ll show me your pics from childhood someday and maybe I’ll recognize you. What’s your name, anyway?’ I asked realizing I don’t know the answer for that.

‘Alexandra. But you can call me Lexie.’ She opened door to her dorm.

‘Nice to meet you Lexie. I guess there is no need to introduce myself?’ I asked following her until she told me where to put her luggage.

‘No need, Aaron. I know who are you. The oldest NU’EST member from Los Angeles. Rapper and singer.’ She smiled and I smiled back when I heard her pronouncing my name in correct way. If I’m not with Amber or Ailee, maybe Jane… I can’t hear it properly outside of LA.

She opened her hand luggage and gave me bag with my laptop. I took it quickly and hug to my chest.

‘My baby, finally!’ I joked and she laugh again. ‘Thank you so much, Lexie. I owe you coffee!’ I said and she smiled.

‘I thought you don’t like coffee?’ she asked and I looked at her surprised. ‘You like?’

‘No. You’re right. But I can drink something flavored. When you start your training?’

‘Monday’

‘Then tomorrow you’re free! My members are out of Seoul so I’m feel alone here. Let’s meet up tomorrow. Now I guess you’re really tired so I’ll leave you here. Take some rest.’ I said patting her blonde hair. I could see her cheeks went a bit pinky. I giggled and leave her room going back to elevator.

LEXIE POV

I blinked my eyes few times before going back to Earth. Did NU’EST Aron just invited me for coffee tomorrow and patted my hair? He seems to be very nice person. Maybe I could be friends with him. For sure it would be good to have someone like him on my side. He is American, he knows what is waiting for me in this world of show business. I was a bit disappointed when he said other members are not in Seoul but… I’m not here just for Ren, right? I can’t be concentrated only on him, no matter how much I love him.

I unpack my luggage and took quick shower before going to bed. Tomorrow’s gonna be interesting.