Lie 8: Hee Chul's Love - Part 1

Based Upon Lies

Hee Chul no longer denied to himself that he loved Han Geng, but to everyone else, he said differently. To anyone else, Han Geng was a close friend, a brother. Han Geng didn't like that Hee Chul was lying about their relationship, so he devised a plan to eradicate the last of Hee Chul's lies and bring out the real him.

"Si Won~!" Han Geng called for at lunch.

"Huh? Oh! Geng!!" Si Won exclaimed, motioning the Chinese to come sit with him.

Han Geng gladly did so and said quickly, "Will you pretend to be my boyfriend?"

Si Won choked on his rice, face turning red. "What?!" he yelled after dislodging the rice in his throat. "I told you already! I'm straight!"

"I know. I know. I just... It's a plan... To get Hee Chul to--"

"Oh no! Anii!! I'm not doing ANYTHING that involves Kim Hee Chul!"

"But... Si Won-ah~"

"No! Go ask Ki Bum! At least he's gay too."

Han Geng swerved around and tried to look for Ki Bum. He had less than 10 minutes to get Ki Bum to agree to do this before Hee Chul came looking for Han Geng. Suddenly, sitting with Chang Min was Ki Bum! Han Geng sprinted over and took Ki Bum by the arm, dragging him away as he said, "Pardon Ki Bum for a moment! I need him for homework."

Han Geng pulled Ki Bum out into the deserted hallway and asked quickly, "Can you be my pretend boyfriend for a few days?"

Ki Bum just smirked and said, "Only if you try to make Chang Minnie jealous."

"Oh~ Got a crush on him?" Han Geng chuckled.

"Yes... But he's so oblivious. Help me?"

"Of course!"

"Who are you pinning after?"

"Hee Chul."

"Ah~ The great Heenim! Hyung is great, though, I'm surprised that you want to tame him. I tried to once... Did NOT go well."

"Ah~ Well then... When do you want to start?" asked Han Geng.

Ki Bum caught a glance of Hee Chul bouncing down the hallway towards them and answered, "Now."

Before Han Geng had a chance to say anything, Ki Bum pulled him against himself up against the lockers so it looked like Han Geng had forced himself onto Ki Bum. Han Geng wasn't accustomed to Ki Bum's kissing style, but it was simple and easy, so he managed to make the kiss seem real. Han Geng heard a book or two falling to the ground, some shuffling, and then rapidly retreating footsteps.

Once all was silent again, Ki Bum pulled away and commented, "You're a good kisser."

"Thanks...?" Han Geng answered shyly, backing away.

"So how long will this go on for?" Ki Bum asked.

"Maybe... Three days tops."

"I'm going with two weeks. Hyung is strong, especially when it comes to relationships and crushes."

"Make it a bet?" Han Geng smirked.

"You're on! Whoever loses does the winner's homework for two weeks and pays for lunch for a week."

"Deal!" They shook on it.


The next day, Ki Bum and Han Geng couldn't possibly make it any more obvious that they were dating. It was so overt that even Chang Min noticed. Ki Bum never left Han Geng's side. They whispered in each other's ear every so often, giggling madly like girls, but only because they'd been observing Hee Chul and Chang Min and were amused by their reactions, especially at lunch.

"Look! Look! Chang Min looks like he's about to explode!" Han Geng muttered.

Ki Bum giggled softly. At least he was getting Chang Min all riled up. "Oh! And look at Hee Chul hyung! He's stabbing his lunch!" Ki Bum pointed.

Han Geng chuckled softly, glad that Hee Chul's heart was still true to him.

"Hey, Ki Bum," Han Geng said, elbowing his partner in crime. "How about you and I partner up for that project?"

"You mean the one in drama?" he asked.

"Hee Chul AND Chang Min are both in that class, Ki Bummie~" he sang.

"Alright... It's due in two days anyways. What scene are you thinking of?"

"It HAS to be from a drama?"

"Nah~ We can make up a script based on a drama or short scene, but it has to last at least 4 to 5 minutes."

"Easy. I'll take you to my house tonight and we can work on it. I want to make something that'll make Hee Chul and Chang Min super jealous."

"Arasso! I'll see you after school then, Han Kyung hyung!" Ki Bum got up to leave but Han Geng pulled him back.

"Hey, where's my goodbye kiss, Bummie?" he asked cutely, glancing to see if Hee Chul and Chang Min were watching, which they were.

Ki Bum caught on quickly and smiled. "Of course~" he cooed. He kissed Han Geng lightly on the lips and then left, both of them glancing at Chang Min and Hee Chul.

Chang Min had snapped his chopsticks in half and Hee Chul had thrown his across the room. Han Geng chuckled. The next two days would be a lot of fun.