Pain

Perspective

"Hey Choi, I'll walk you home" Jackson shouts from the gate of the school "But you live in the opposite direction" He replies, shoving his hands into his jacket pockets to shield them from the ice cold weather "I was gonna hang out with Mark at his house. He lives like a block away from you" Youngjae makes an 'O' shape with his mouth.

 

"Well, This is me" Youngjae mumbles. The entire walk he felt like a third wheel. They basically ignored him and almost walked right past his house "Ah, Hey, Maybe I should say hey to y-" "No! I-It's fine...It's getting dark. You guys should get home-" "Choi Youngjae get your in here!" Jacksons eyebrows furrow "I-I gotta go" He closes the gate and walks up to his dad "I'll pick you up!" Jackson shouts

 

"Where the have you been? You should have been home an hour ago" His dad grabs Youngjae by the collar in yanks him in the door "I-I had to clean up the classroom-I-It was my turn" Youngjae flinches when his dad raises his hand "Get to your room" His dad lets go of his collar and pushes him slightly. Youngjae runs up the stairs to his room and quickly shuts the door; His heart about to beat out of his chest. He is surprised his dad didn't do what he usually does when he's late.

 

"Good Morning" Youngjae sets his backpack down on the floor and sits down at the table "I heard you're stilling doing that photography or whatever" Youngjae feels his heart fall to the pit of his stomach "Quit. I don't want you wasting your time with useless stuff. Focus on your studies" He bites his lip and sets his fork down "I don't want to quit..."

 

His dad sets down the newspaper "You don't want to quit?" He stands up and s his sleeve, rolling it up "You don't want to quit..." He grabs a handful of Youngjaes hair, pulling him out of the chair "I don't give a about what you want" He throws him to the ground "You do what I say" He gives a good kick to Youngjaes stomach. He bends down and grabs a handful of his hair again, Making him look at him "Why? Because I'm the adult" He swings at Youngjae, busting his lip "Understood?" Youngjae struggles to his feet and nods "Yes, I understand. I'll quit"

 

He grabs his backpack and heads out the door to school "Yah, I've been waiting for 10 minutes what took you so long?" Jackson asks, Following behind Youngjae "You don't have to pick me up" Youngjae replies through clinched teeth, tucking his shirt back into his pants "Well, I was already picking up Mark, So I thought I'd pick you up too..." Jackson mumbles back

 

"Jackson," He turns around to face him "I get it, You're my friend and you care. I appreciate it, But--Please just give me a little space from time to time" Jacksons stares, taken aback at the sight. His best friends face, bruised and slightly bleeding "And I don't care if you're picking up Mark or whatever, I can get to school on my own.." He glares at Mark who is just as taken aback as Jackson "W-What hap-" "It doesn't matter" Youngjae cuts him off by turning around and walking away 

 

The rest of the day, Jackson and Mark just followed Youngjae around. Waiting for him to talk to them first. Jackson new that when Youngjae says he wants space, He means it. "What do you think happened?" Mark asks Jackson, As they watch Youngjae in the library "...This used to happen a lot. He'd show up with a busted lip or a cut or two on his face. It lasted for about 6 years, but then a few weeks ago it just stopped..." Mark stares at the ground, thinking "Do you think...He sells drugs? Or is a part of a gang?" Jacksons head falls "You're such an idiot" He slaps Mark on the back of his head.

 

Jackson knows what it is. How can he not? He just believed Youngjae when he said he stopped. "Do you think...maybe...his...-" "Wil you two stop following me around like stalkers?" Youngjae stands behind them. The two turn their heads to face him, both giving a sheepish smile "Hi" Jackson lets out a dont-kill-us laugh "I need to talk to you..." "Oh, Ok-" "Not you" He pushes Jackson back down with his finger "Him" He nudges his head in Marks direction "Me?" He points to himself "No, The bookshelf. Yes you" Mark replies with a mouthed 'OK' and stands up

 

"So, Here's the project. Its finished and you just gotta show it to the class today. Also, Give this to Mister Kim" He hands Mark a piece of paper and a jump drive "What do you me-" "I'm quitting photography class" Marks jaw almost drops to the floor "W-What do you mean? You fought so hard to get the class back! It took you 2 months, what do you mean you're quitting?" Youngjae slides his hands into his pockets "I just--Don't want to anymore" Mark stands there dumbfounded as he watches Youngjae walk out of the library "This...Makes no sense" "What doesn't?" Jackson asks, taking a bit eout of an apple "Where did you get that?" Mark makes a 'wtf' face. Jackson just shrugs "Choi just....quit photography" The apple falls out of Jacksons hand "WHAT?" "Shhhhhh" 

 

"Yah, Choi!" Jackson yells after Youngjae "Yah" Youngjae picks up his pace "Yah" He grabs Youngjae by the wrist, Pulling him to face him "What the HELL does Mark mean by saying you're quitting photography?" Jacksons voice is deep and angry, his blood boiling. Youngjae stares in fear "I-I just do-don't have any interest i-in it any-anymore" "Stop Bullting me, We both know thats a lie" Jackson raises his hand, causing Youngjaes hands to fly up and shield his face "He didn't stop did he?" Jackson asks, voice almost a whisper. Youngjae swallows the lump in his throat "H-He--"

 

They lock eyes and Jackson sees the fear and pain in the youngers eyes. Jackson lets go of Youngjae and pinches the bridge of his nose "Why would you lie to me? What he's doing is wrong" He whisper-shouts "You told me he stopped. But-does this look like he stopped to you?" Jackson shakes his head "No, this won't do. I'm reporting this" He pulls his phone out of his pocket, dialing 119(911) "Hyung no" Youngjae takes the phone out of his hand "I-I can take care of myself" "For s sake Youngjae, No matter how much you tell yourself that, you can't! If you could, You would have taken care of this years ago" Youngjae bites his lip as panic runs through his veins "Hyung, I'm ok-" "No, Youngjae, You're not. You're in pain. I can see that. Stop lying to me. And come to for help when you need it. I'm here for you" Jackson pulls Youngjae in for a hug "I'll always be here for you, ok?" Youngjae nods "And don't you dare quit. I know how much photography means to you"

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This still and its all over the place and I honestly don't know what I'm doing oh lord.

Is this even good? Idkidk, sorry for posting this ty, horribly written story.

Basically I'm just trying to explain everything thats going on in Youngjaes life before I throw in a romance story.

Speaking of romance, Who do you thinks gonna end up together? Is there a love triangle developing? OooOooOo Who knows!

-Authornim❤