Stop Stop It

Perspective

'You can't take care of yourself' Jacksons words have been echoing in. Youngjaes head for the past week Youngjae knows Jackson is right. He should report his father, but for some reason, he can never get the guts to do it. Every time he dials the number, He's fingers is centimeters away from the call button when he chickens out. He hates himself for being like this. Not able to fight back or put an end to it. He should have just let Jackson do it. Jackson was so close. Much closer than Youngjae has ever gotten. 

 

He plops down on his bed, tossing his back pack under his desk. Today was a long day and Youngjae wanted nothing more than to just hop in bed and go to sleep. But, Knowing his usual sleep pattern, He won't be going to sleep any time soon. He often has a hard time sleeping. He doesn't know why. It's not cause his head is overflowing with thoughts and questions. His head is just too silent. Everything around him is too silent. He lives in a huge house with only 4 other people. His father and the three live-in maids. He has a mother but she hasn't been in the picture since he was 9. His parents split up because his moms work took her to America. After 3 years of living there, They got a divorce. His father says its because she wasn't going to come back. But He knows thats not true. It happened because his father is an abusive who thinks he's better than God. 

 

Youngjae also has a sibling. An older brother, 7 years older. Choi Minjae. He went with their mother after the divorce. It's been 9 years since he's seen or spoken to either of them. He misses them a lot and he often finds himself calling his mothers old number. He knows she doesn't use the number anymore but he just prays that one day, the call will go through and he'll hear that voice that he's desperatly wanted to hear for so long. He was really close with his mother, despite the fact he isn't hers, but that's a story for another time. Thinking of his brtoher some how leads to him thinking about Mark and how Mark makes his heart beat beat abnormally fast or makes his cheeks heat up and turn tomato red.

 

Ever since the day on the roof, The mere thought of Mark makes Youngjae all flustered and confused "Aish..Whatever"

 

Time flys by faster than the speed of light, if that's even possible. Youngjae finds himself still awake when the sun begins to come up. He either has nights where sleep comes to him in an instant or night's where sleep is nonexistent. 

 

Youngjae lunges his body off the bed and drags his exhausted self to the bathroom. Hopefully, Today will be much easier on him than yesterday. He prays that his father doesn't know he didn't quit the class.

 

He peeps around the corner of the hallway wall and sees no sign of his father "Father is not awake yet?" He asks, sitting at the table "Your father left early, He has a meeting with the Board Of Education" Youngjae feels that knott in his stomach become even more knotted. Does his father know he didn't quit? Is his father gonna do something that'll cause the class to be banned from school or something of the sort? He doesn't even want to think about the aftermath that will happen if the school finds out his father did something like that. He shakes the thought out of his head and shovels his breakfast down "I'm leaving, I'll see you later!"

 

"Choi!" Youngjaes horrible mood becomes even worse upon hearing his name. He tried so hard to leave before Jackson showed up, but to his luck, he doesn't. Jackson is standing there right outside the gate, waiting "I told you I don't need you to walk with me" His stomach goes crazy when he makes eye contact with Mark. He panics, he can't have Mark notice how flustered he is from looking into his eyes, so, He glares at him. It's all his fault. If Mark hadn't moved in down the street, Jackson would have no need to come all the way over here, Meaning he could walk to school in silence, not having to deal with this flustered feeling evry morning, "I know but--We'd end up running into each other on the way there, so why don't we just walk together?" Youngjae lets out an irritated sigh and runs his fingers through his hair "Fine, Whatever. But tomorrow I'm leaving extra early so then we won't end up running into each other" He sticks his tongue out in a playful way "Yah~ That's the Choi I've been lookin' for!" Jackson slings his arm around Youngjaes neck and the trio makes their way to school.

 

"Why does everyone call you Choi?" Mark asks, leaning against the lockers and watching Youngjae stuff his books into his locker. Youngjae looks over at him, his heart going crazy as soon as he lays his eyes on Marks face. He doesn't understand this feeling. So, Out of anger and confusion. He ends up glaring at him again "What?" Mark furrows his brows in annoyance "Look, I don't know what I did or if I even did anything but I'd appreciate it if you'd stop glaring at me like I killed your dog" He snaps and walks away. Mark wasn't gonna let it bother him, but it's been like a week and Youngjae does nothing but glare at him. Mark doesn't remember doing anything. Is it because he saw him crying on the roof that one time? That can't be it. Is it because he told Jackson that he quit the photography class? And then Jackson made a big deal out of it? "Aish" Mark stomps his feet, irritated at the younger

 

"Hey Jackson!" Mark calls out to Jackson, who just walked out of the bathroom "Oh, mark, What's up?" He pats his hands dry on his uniform jacket "Is Youngjae...mad at me?" He raises an eyebrow "No, not that I know of...Why?" Jackson starts walking to his next class "Well...he keeps glaring at me and he won't say anything other than yes or no or I don't know or maybe and I dunno....Does he usual act like that?" Jackson shrugs his shoulders "I dunno man..He's usually a talkative, friendly guy. Maybe he's just in a bad mood" 

 

Mark spends the rest of the day racking his brain for an answer to Youngjaes behavior, but sadly..He comes up with nothing. He can't, for the life of him, understand why Youngjae was acting this way "Mr.Tuan, Please pay attention" Mr.Oh points the ruler at him. Mark gives an apologetic head-bow. 

 

Classes go by slowly and painfully, causing all the students to groan in happiness when the bell rings. Mark spent most of his classes thinking of what to do with Youngjae and in the end, he decided to just be forward and ask. He packs his stuff into his back pack and rushes out the class, Hoping to catch Youngjae before he leaves.

 

"Yah, Choi!" Youngjae freezes in his tracks 'Oh god oh god, please just go away. I don't need to feel anymore emotions than I already am' He prays. He has done so good with avoiding Mark all day, why does Mark have to come find him? Youngjae panics and just starts walking again "I ne-Yah, Choi!" Youngjae ignores "Aish" He breaks out into a sprint toward Youngjae "Yah, Choi Youngjae" He grabs Youngjaes wrist, spinning him around to face him. In this moment, Youngjae could have sworn his heart skipped a beat "I was calling your name" Mark looks Youngjae dead in the eye 'Hey, Heart. Whatcha doin there? This isn't the time to be acting this way' "We need to talk" He pulls Youngjae behind him 'noOoo wE DON'T' 

 

"Why are you avoiding me?" Mark asks, still holding on to Youngjaes wrist. Youngjae tries to collect himself, He can't stutter or have his voice crack. Then Mark will make assumptions "W-What do you mean? I-I'm not avoiding you" 'Great job, dimwit' Youngjae curses himself, his cheeks becoming hot "Cut the bull, Choi. Why are you avoiding me? Why do you glare at me like I killed someone? What did I do?" Youngjae stares blankly at Mark "Huh? What did I do? Is it because I saw you crying on the roof? Is it because I stepped on your shoe that one time during lunch? Is it because I hang out with Jackson a lot? Huh? What is it?!" Mark can't help but get angry. He was hoping him and Youngjae would become close and hang out a lot but instead he's just being glared at. Youngjaes silence just makes Mark that much angrier "Tell me!" "I don't know!" Youngjae yells back "I don't know what you're doing but every time I see you I get this weird feeling in my stomach and my face heats up and just end up stuttering and getting really flustered and feeling this weird feeling that I can't seem to understand which makes me angry so just-just-just stop. Whatever it is you're doing, stop" Youngjae blurts out. Mark stares at Youngjae, taken aback by the youngers sudden out burst. When Youngjae finally realizes what he had just done, panic floods his body and he yanks his wrist out of Marks grasp "I-I-Uh-That-Bye" He spped walks away, leaving a shocked Mark behind "Was...Was that...What was that?"

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think this is the longest chapter so far and idk...is throwing Youngjaes feelings in on the 3rd chapter too soon?

Idkidk, I just wanna get to thE GOOD FLUFFY STUFF CAUSE I HAVE SO MANY IDEASSSSSSSS.

I don't know if this story is good so far but I hope you guys are enjoying!

-Authornim❤