Only The Beginning

Perspective

Youngjae stares out the window for the umpteenth time and sighs. He desperately wants class to end. He hates Math. He doesn't get it. What's with all the letters in math? Maths for numbers. Why did they have to go and complicate it with letters as well? Youngjae isn't exactly the best in any subject but math is his worst subject. The only reason he doesn't just get up and walk out of the class is because if he fails one class, the teachers won't let him use the schools darkroom. "Mr.Choi, If my class is so boring, You can leave" Mrs.Kangs raspy voice Youngjae back to reality. He sheepishly smiles while giving a head bow before resting his eyes on the book in front of him. He glances at his wrist where his watch rests 'Just 5 more minutes' He his lips excitedly. His begins to shake his leg as his patience starts to run dry. As soon as the bell rings he shoots to his feet and makes a bee line for the door "The bell doesn't dismiss this class, I do" "Pardon me, Mrs.Kang, But if you dismissed us, They wouldn't have put the bell in" He replies shrugging his shoulders before exiting.

 

"Watch out for Mr.Oh, He'll wr-Yah, Choi where are you running to so excitedly?" Jackson stops Youngjae

 

"The schools garden, where else?" He replies with an excited smile "And lunch?" Youngjae furrows his brows "Ah, Right-Whatever, The weathers nice today and if-" Jackson waves his hands cutting him off "I'm not letting you skip lunch today as well, Your mother will kill me" "Bu-" "I'm not kidding, Choi. She said she'll cut my feet off and shove them down my throat" He shutters "Come on, At least a few bites"

 

Youngjaes shoulders slump and he lowers his head "Fiiiiiine" He lets out a sad, exaggerated cry "Oh, Right. Choi, This is the ne-" "Mr.Choi, You're in big trouble!" Youngjaes neck practically snaps to the right "Aish, YahYah, I'll meet you at lunch" He takes off full speed to the 3rd floor "Stop right there!" Mrs.Kang picks up her pace

 

"Ah, Mark, Sorry about that" Jackson rubs his neck, embarrassed "Its okay...but who's he?" Jackson sighs, dramatically clutching his chest "A pest who happens to be my best friend"

 

"What took you so long?" Jackson scolds Youngjae "Mrs.Kang chased me all the way into the bathroom" He replies in between inhales "Who's this?" He asks taking food off of Jacksons tray "Well, I was gonna introduce you two in the hall way before your stupid got yourself in trouble" Jackson raises a hand to threaten him, causing Youngjae to flinch "He's the transfer student everyones been talkin' about, Mark Tuan" Mark and Youngjae make eye contact for .2 seconds before Jaebum crashes into the table "YahYah, Choi, Big trouble" He cries out "Mister Kims being fired" "WHAT?" Youngjae shoots to his feet "The Board said that his class doesn't have enough students so there's "no point in continuing with the class"" Youngjae falls back down on to his seat "Hyung, What do we do?" Youngjae stares off into space "If that class is canceled...." Youngjaes head falls to the table "Choi, It'll be okay, don't worry-" "No, Jackson, Its not okay. That class is the only reason I'm still going to this piece of school" Jackson watches as his friend slowly falls apart "This doesn't make sense...A class needs at least 7 students to be a class and that class has 8, what are they talking about "not enough students" Does this make sense?"

 

"No, This is bull. The schools rules says that a class needs 7 students, our class has 8!" Youngjae snaps at the Head Of The Board Of Education "I'm sorry, Student. But the Board has already made their decision" Youngjae kicks the desk before Jackson drags him out 

 

School goes on as usual. Well, for all students except for those who were apart of the photography class. Youngjae practically drags himself around school moping and complaining about how his "life has ended" 

 

"Yah, Choi where are you going?" Jackson stops Youngjae in the hallway "roof" He continues walking, ignoring Jacksons questions. He just wants to escape to the roof to sink into the pit of sadness thats been following him around all day. Everyones mere happiness makes him want to throw himself off a cliff and fall in to a pit of darkness and drown himself in the sadness that seeps from his heart. He isn't one to usually dwell on the past but this whole no photography class is taking a tole on him. All he wanted to do was go to the BOE and get on his hands and knees to beg them to bring the class back. But his pride was holding him back.

 

He pushes the metal door to the roof open, the rusty hinges creaking and the cold air hitting Youngjaes cheeks like a bus. He drags himself to the railing and throws his arms over it. He stares out over the school yard before taking a deep breath and letting out a loud yell. He felt his throat close up and he choked back his tears. His fingers wrap around the railing as he lowers his head 'Weak' The voice yells at him as he the tears roll down his cheeks like rain drops rolling down a window on a rainy day "Pathetic. Crying over something this small" He mumbles to himself.

 

He closes his eyes and wipes his face "Get it together...You can't prove him right" He turns around and about jumps out of his skin "What the " He shouts, clutching his chest "What are you doing here, Tuan?" His hand falls to his side "Same reason you're here?" He walks over to the railing and props himself "Thinkin', Gettin' fresh air," He looks over at Youngjae and hesitates "Crying?" Youngjae feels his ears heat up. He opens his mouth but his throat tightens up, not able to form any words "Its okay...I won''t tell anyone" He averts his attention to the school yard. Youngjae catches himself staring at Mark. He's never really looked at him. He's gotta admit, He's pretty attractive. Its been almost a whole week and hes never atually looked at the guy.

 

Mark glances over at Youngjae to see him staring at him "What?" Mark asks, raising his eyebrows "O-Oh N-Nothing. I gotta get t-to class" Youngjae stumbles across the floor to the door "Yah" Mark calls him out, bringing him to a stop "It's okay to cry.....It doesn't make you pathetic" Youngjae lowers his head but then looks up, straight into Marks eyes "But it makes me weak" Mark watches as Youngjae disappears into the building "It makes you human" He whispers to himself.

 

"Choi, Where were you? You weren't in school yesterday" Jackson ask as he sits down with Youngjae at lunch "They finally finished fixing my camera so I had to take the bus alllllllll the way there. But look," He pulls his camera out of his bag "It look sperfect. No scratches, Nothing!" Jackson feels a smile stug on his lips. He hasn't seen his friend this happy in 2 weeks. Ever since the class got canceled, He had been pretty upset "Hey, Pose for me" Jackson poses like the thinker and causes a small smile to spread across Youngjaes lips "Nice camera" Mark states as he sits down next to Jackson. Youngjaes insides do a flip and he quickly shoves his stuff into his back pack "I-I gotta go" He frantically tries to collect himself before he speed walks out of the cafeteria "Uh, Ok" Jackson averts his attention back to his food. Mark smiles to himself 'Cute' 

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is kind of lame and it doesn't focus on Youngjae with his photography but it will. I gotta get the story to develop, y'know?

I hope you guys like this, I'm not much of a fanfic writer, I usually just do one shots so I dunno how this will turn out.

I love feedback so leave a comment on what ya think about this so far. Do you like it? Do you dislike it?