1

Different this time

Jimin was the one who would always look out for Taehyung. 

Jimin was the one that Taehyung could tell anything to. 

Jimin was the one who brightened Taehyung's mood in a split second with just a smile.

Jimin was the one who would always comfort Taehyung if he was sad, and he could always tell when his best friend is upset. 

Jimin was the one who would be by his side forever, his best friend.

 

Now Jimin is the one who is about to kiss Taehyung on the cheek, in front of the other members, in front of the camera. 

 

TAEHYUNG POV

Why does it have to be me that Jimin has to kiss? Why can't it be Yoongi Hyung? I don't know why I'm feeling like this, or why Jimin is acting like this. He looks so embarrassed, does he not want to kiss me? I mean, shouldn't it be normal for two best friends to kiss on the cheek? It's nothing special. God, why is he acting like this? Doesn't he like me? I can't watch. 

I laughed along nervously with the other members as they sang the kissing song, why are they doing this? It's not a big deal. It's not like I want Jimin to kiss me, but why am I anticipating it so much? I sat on the stool with my eyes closed, wondering when it was going to come. All the voices around me sounded like a blur, all I heard was laughing. Are they laughing because they can read my face? Do they know what I’m thinking?

I squeezed my eyes shut nervously waiting. I could feel Jimin's hot breath on my goose bump covered skin. My body filled with adrenaline, with anticipation. Can he just kissed me already? I don't know what this feeling is, but I had to pretend I'm not feeling it. I squeezed my eyes tighter with nervousness and to hide my emotions and excitement. It's just a kiss, just a kiss. From my best friend, Jimin. My best friend, nothing more. 

Then it happened, just a peck, a small electrical shock made its way right through my body, tingling every nerve. The place Jimin had just kissed feeling hotter, my face flushing. I opened my eyes and sat there, still in a hypnotised state. What just happened?

Yes, Jimin had kissed me before, but it was different, it was casual. This time, I was giddy with excitement. This time, Jimin immediately got up and ran around with embarrassment while the other members laughed. He looked uncomfortable. I shouldn't blame him but there was something about Jimin's reaction that made my heart sink. It’s not that bad is it?

Jimin didn't sit next to me in the van on the way home today. He didn't put his arm around me and say "We did a good job today" with that ridiculously adorable smile of his that made his eyes seem like lines. I sat staring at the back of his head while we drove and he chatted with the other members. Suddenly I felt tired, but my emotions kept me awake. I wanted to rest my head on Jin Hyung’s shoulder but decided against it and rest my head against the freezing cold window instead.

 

*Flash back*

“So you really like him, huh?”

“W-what do you mean Hyung?”

“Well you’ve been talking about him for half an hour now.”

“He’s my best friend”

“I know Tae but, I’ve seen the way you look at him, how happy you are together. Even now your eyes light up when I mention him. Are you sure you don’t see him as anything else other than a best friend? It’s okay if you do, you can trust me.”

Hoseok’s shoulder became wet with tears as he held his dongsaeng, in an attempt to comfort the heart broken boy.  

“No, no it’s not okay. Jimin will never see me the same way. He will only ever see me as a best friend.”

 

~~To be continued~~