VII

Parallels
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

"We're not 100% sure it's him because only the eyes were visible," came Rui's reply.

 

Everything the dark side of each cooperation does has a motive. They don't do this serious business blindly. Prince Park has an entire department just to oppose whatever risky activity they had to do, like a defence system of sorts for the potential victim to make sure what they're doing is absolutely necessary. You can imagine this floor being filled with licensed lawyers. Kira has never actually seen this department at work nor has ever seen someone from this floor as a matter of fact, so the existence of this floor is still a mystery to Kira. They could've lied about this just so Kira didn't feel guilty when they send her off for all she knew.

 

"I'm very sure that someone from Darius did not sent him to help me. He probably just helped me because he wanted to, not because he felt obliged to."

 

"Well, we now know that whoever that is, he's from Darius. So we either confront them about it or be prepared for whatever they're planning." Kai wisely stated. The journey continued silently, the three of them too preoccupied with their own thoughts.

 

"May I ask what the meeting is about?" Rui cautiously asked.

 

Kira turned to Kai, who just looked straight ahead. She sighed and stared at the headrest in front of her. "They're proposing a merger.”

 

"You mean... they want to... join... us?" His words were dripping with uncertainty, which made Kira mildly uncomfortable.

 

"In a way, yes." Kai answered this time.

 

---

 

"We have backup surrounding the area, but I'm the only one who's following you in." Rui supplied once she got out of the car. He shut it close behind her before glancing down at the phone in his hand. "Forget what I said. Just say the word."

 

Kira gave him a rather hesitant nod before giving Kai the look. Kai gave her a supportive smile in response and gently soothed her back in reassurance. "It's going to be okay," he whispered to her before the lift doors opened, revealing the posh and busy main lobby with men in suits and women in their fashionably formal wear.

 

They didn't need to say anything to the lady at the reception, as she stood up and tol

Please log in to read the full chapter