Monster by BIGBANG

Of Lyrics and The Story Behind

 

http://youtu.be/btDd9rOlc2k

 

 

Kang Daesung’s POV:

 

My hands felt cold. Against my clammy cheek, my fingers felt like ice. I was shaking all over as my heart beat wildly in my chest. This is not happening. This is not real. Kang Daesung, you’ll wake up to your members and everything will be fine.

The senses I’ve had all my life were suddenly gone but I could only hear one sentence. A sentenced that lingered at my ears, not failing to haunt me to the edge of my sanity; “He’s dead.”

I felt sick. I felt scared. And worse of all, I felt hopeless. Sitting on the tarmac with my back against my car, I buried my face into my knees. Sobbing uncontrollably, I somehow hoped that I would choke and die. It’s the end of the world isn’t it?

 

A reassuring hand rested on my weak shoulders. I mustered up the courage to look up. And when I did, I met the face of a sympathetic man. He sat next to me, his face clearly worried. He bit his lips and I knew then that he had absolutely nothing to say. He was speechless and knew that nothing will be okay. Because of this, I broke down and started freaking out. He just pulled me into himself, a sign of comfort. It wasn’t much, but it was all I needed.

 

Cho Hyorin’s POV:

 

I woke up to the loud, blood curdling wails of a woman next door. I shot straight up from my bed, cold sweat trickling down my neck. I heart felt restless, just as always when something wrong happened. My heartbeat quickened as the woman’s wails grew louder.

I looked out the window and saw that my parents were comforting the woman out on her porch. She was still in her nightgown, crying on the ground as my parents try to get her back on her feet. What has happened that made her cry like this? My gut twisted at the very thought of a possibility.

Articles, forums, newspapers, early morning news, online trends; everything. Absolutely everything was filled with the tragic accident that took the life of the person I had grown up with. A person I had cared for dearly all these years.

I vomited into the toilet bowl again for the third time in the hour I got the news. I checked my reflection and saw the disgusting mess I was. But who was I to blame? My best friend had died. And the worst part is, my boyfriend had been the one to kill him. I vomited again. The reality weighed down heavily on my small shoulders and I couldn’t take the pressure.

 

In a while, the body Ha Kyujung will arrive at the porch where we used to play together. So will my boyfriend. I started to panic at the thought. I was sure that I couldn’t handle that situation. At the verge of another breakdown, there was a knock a the bathroom door. My mother’s soft voice said, “Hyorin-ah, it’s time.”

I pushed myself up while holding onto the sink. Sure enough that I was stable, I looked into the mirror and made myself look decent. When I was ready, I opened the bathroom doors and held my mother’s hand as we walked to the porch.

Dozens of people had arrived. They were obviously the media, aching to get the inside story of every event. But my eyes only landed on one person. He had slick black hair that covered his face as he kept his head down. He stepped down from the van, carrying a framed picture of a joyful Ha Kyujung. My eyes started to sting as I thought, “I didn’t even get to say goodbye to him.”

The man approached Mrs. Ha with slow and unwilling steps. Only inches away from Mrs. Ha, he lifted his head and the cameras started flashing. My gut twisted in disbelief. Even though I had known it was him who killed Kyujung, I had hoped for it not to be true. I had hoped it wasn’t Kang Daesung, my boyfriend.

 

But now, seeing it with my own eyes, it was as if I had truly lost my mind. Screaming, I attacked Daesung. I pushed him down, causing him to fall back and the picture to slip off his hands and break. I grabbed him by the collar and screamed, “MONSTER! YOU’RE A MOSNTER!” Without realizing it, I repeated those words hitting his chest as he wailed in pain. My parents had tried to pull me away from him but I wouldn’t let them. I clawed Daesung cheeks, crying out, “You killed my best friend! You’re a murderer!”

He did nothing. He just laid down there as I attacked him, often trying hold my wrists. But most of the time, he just looked at me with eyes that were too tired too cry anymore. Suddenly, a cloth covered my mouth and nose. With every inhalation, I got drowsier. Before I fully closed my eyes, I saw Daesung mouthing, ‘I’m sorry.’

 

That was the last time I saw him.

 

Kang Daesung’s POV:

 

For days I locked myself in my room despite the members’ constant persuasions. Especially Jiyong hyung; he would coax me into coming out of the room for hours and have often slept outside my door. I shouldn’t be making them worry like that but I can’t handle how they will look at me. How anyone would look at me.

But I had to come out sometime. I had to, since it was the last day to pay my respects to the deceased. But I made sure I left early in the wee hours of the morning. When I opened my door, I saw Jiyong hyung sleeping against the wall outside my room. I instantly felt bad. I can’t do anything right can I?

When I reached my destination, I noticed Hyorin with her parents. Her face was solemn but still, beautiful. Without thinking I ran to them. I had missed her so badly and I needed her more than anyone else to go through this.

 

But she wasn’t thinking the same way. The second she saw me, she stepped back placing her hand at to cover up the whimpers. Her eyes were filled with horror. She turned away and ran. Her mother followed after her as I was left stunned to the ground. Her father looked at me and said, “I’m sorry. She’s not taking this well and-“

 

“It’s not her fault or yours, ajusshi. Just tell her that I love her,” I told him, not daring to look at his eyes.

“Daesung-ah, as time passes, this will all disappear. Don’t give up.”

“With all due respect, when all this disappears, so will she. In fact she has already. She is filled with the media’s lies and there’s nothing I can do to reverse it. I guess, the past me is gone from her mind.”

 

I walked ahead. I felt insanity creeping up to me slowly. Without her, I felt caged. But with her, I felt constant pain. I felt sick of all this already.

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       

Hey there! Is this fic a little too mean? :/ I'm sorry Daesung! If there's a song you want me to do, just comment below!

I know I haven't updated in a while and it's because after Ugly, none of the songs had a great impact on me. And Monster was just so perfect. ANd if you wanted to know, Ugly was based on a true story. Hope you enjoyed this. Stay tuned! :)