Chapter 6

I see you everywhere

 

“My, what a talent you have!”

“Thank you! I want to be a professional piano player when I’m older!”

“With the level you’re at now, I’m sure you’ll reach your target in no time”

“Thanks, Gramps”

“Now play me something to get me to sleep”

A peaceful melody echoed around the house as a certain tuff of brown hair ran his fingers along the keys at a graceful pace. Everyone had their eyes closed, taking in the wonderful noise. It was when the music stopped suddenly that caught everyone off guard.

 

........

 

Taemin was sat lying on his bed curled up in a ball. His mother had gone to work so he was the only one currently at home and Jinki had supposedly taken her over leaving Taemin with his thoughts.

“I’m… I’m in love with you, Lee Taemin.” 

Taemin held his pillow tighter under his nose as his cheeks burned red. Jongins words swam around the room. He was not expecting a confession. In general, it was something he was certain to never hear again. But wasn’t Jongin a male? Didn’t they only just meet? Taemin was confused with his own emotions. What should he say? Was he even into the same gender? He let out a long groan before slapping his cheeks, hard, with both hands.

“I have to practice.” Taemin thought aloud as he made his way down the stairs.

He got to the piano, glazing his fingers across the keys. It still felt weird. When he was with Jongin he felt calm beside the piano but now that he was alone, memories started to rise from within.

“… Who turned the lights off?”

Taemin froze. His head felt like it was doing flips and his breathing shallowed and quickened. It had been years since this had last happened so why now? Taemin felt himself falling but didn’t feel him land.

 

……

 

Jongin didn’t think he would find himself face to face with the large old house that was also the LEE’S household. He had knocked several times but there was no answer. Was Taemin mad at him? Was he disgusted?

Jongin felt his hand drift over the handle before grasping and turning it around. It wasn’t locked.

“Taemin? It’s Jongin!”

No reply.

“Look, I understand if you’re mad at me but I would just like to talk!”

No answer.

“Taemin…?”

No movement.

Was he even in? No, he must be, he even said once that he never leaves except for his piano lessons which he quit. Turning to check the living room for a certain mop of brown hair, what caught his eye was a turned over stool and a body lying on its side.

“Taemin!”

Jongin dashed over shaking the boys shoulder in panic. Taemin stirred slightly, his senses not fully sharp.

“Jongin?” He whispered. His head hurt and his arm was slightly numb.

“Oh thank god!” Jongin’s voice shook as his eyes started to water. He brought Taemin up into his arms, in a tight embrace.

“I thought you committed suicide or something”

A hand wacked the side of his head.

“You idiot! I just fainted, it happens sometimes”

“Still!” Jongin buried his head in Taemins chest, listening to his heartbeat. It was quite fast.

“You… could’ve told me you were coming”

Taemin felt his face heat up slightly. They were so close.

“How? I don’t have your number…”

“Yesterday?”

“You left before I could ask”

“Sorry”

Jongin looked up to the closed eyes of the boy he had bumped into 4 weeks ago.

“No, I should be the one apologizing, saying all that weird stuff…” his voice trailed off. Yes, Jongin thought, he came after all to apologize.

Taemin squirmed slightly. He was half on the floor and half on Jongins lap. They were so close. Those four words repeated in his mind.

“I don’t find it weird,” True “but you might need to give me some time”

“Then… you still want me to… come round?”

“Of course!” Taemin smiled.

Jongins eyes trailed down towards Taemins lips. They stared back at him. They were so close! Taemin got confused with the silence.

“Jongin?”

They were captivating, plump, welcoming and Jongin was losing control. What did they taste like? Where they soft? Smooth? Warm?

“What’s wrong?” Taemins voice echoed in the background.

Taemin could suddenly feel the tickling feeling of someone’s breath close to his lips. Taemin’s head filled with questions and one answer: Jongin’s going to kiss me?!

His face flushed and he unconsciously gripped Jongins shoulder.

I’mgoingtobekissedi’mgoingtobekissedi’mgoingtobekissed

 The warmth grew closer and closer and for some reason Taemin was captivated with the feeling. He swallowed and leaned forward ever so slightly as his heart pumped faster and faster. Jongins hand Taemins cheek, their lips inches apart, just a little closer and—

“Taemin sir, the door was open!”

Taemin quickly shoved Jongin backwards, face flushed tomato red and his mind in a haze.

“J-J-J-Jinki!” He stuttered.

“Sir, are you alright?”

“I’m f-fine!”

Jongin held the back of his head. Man, Taemin can shove. He looked at the man in a tidy suit helping up Taemin before dusting him off.

Themoodwassogoodjustnowthemoodwassogoodjustnowthemoodwassogoodjustnow!

Jongin stared dangerously at Jinki who just had to ruin their little moment. He cried mentally thinking of a thousand ways to kick the man out of the house.

“Jongin probably just accidently left it open when he came round, honestly!”

“Thank goodness, I thought someone had broken in.”

Jongin stood up; a dark aura surrounded him, sending chills down Jinki’s spine.

“Why are you here?”

“I-I’m here because Taemins mother asked me to make lunch as she has to work”

Taemin had blocked out his surroundings, touching his lips with his hand.

We almost kissed…

We almost kissed?

We almost kissed!!

 

 

 


Yeeaaahhh......... a lot shorter, sorry

Had writers block :( But Here!! 

NOOOO Jinki ruined the mood!! XD 

What's Tae Tae feeling I wonder... 

Words: 985