Chapter 1

I see you everywhere

It was on a rainy night. A piano was being played. Smiles were shared; all in all it was a happy afternoon. Or that’s what it was supposed to be. It was the beginning of darkness for one young soul, also known as Lee Taemin.

 

“Listen, why don’t you, I said play C and E together

“Sorry, sir”

“Not good enough. You’re too slow, too many mistakes are being made and the notes are all messy”

“Sorry, sir”

Taemin knew if he could see the repulsive face of the Piano teacher, he would mess it up very nicely. It wasn’t his fault after all that he couldn’t see the piano.

Thank god, the lessons over. ” Next week, I want improvements. Go.” That voice boomed from above the brown headed boy.

“Yes, sir” Taemin said standing up and bowing to the piano before slowly making his way around the stool towards the old wooden door. He was so used to this hell of a building that anyone passing by would never think he was blind. Everything about that old house was hated by Taemin as he felt the stony path crunch underneath his feet. The sound of a car’s engine guided him foreword. But it was the sound of feet running at a fast pace that surprised him. Except that wasn’t the only thing that would surprise him.

“Make way!!” A voice shouted from very close in front of him followed by a very solid object colliding into his shoulder, causing Taemin to fall over.

“Sir!” The voice of his personal driver called out in panic from somewhere to his right.

“Oh no! I’m terribly sorry, here, are you okay?” A very soft voice from above Taemin asked. It was a pleasant sound, Taemin thought. A hand grabbed onto his arm bringing him to his feet.

“Taemin, sir, are you okay? Are you hurt anywhere?”

“Oh, Jinki, don’t worry, I’m fine” Taemin reassured his panicked driver blinking his unseeing eyes.

“I’m sorry, but I have to go, sorry again” the soft voice said disappearing along with footsteps.

“Jinki, who was that?” Taemin asked, curious. Was that person from around here? Did he have to suffer with the devil of a teacher too?

“Sir, that young boy has lessons after you. Apologies, I do not know his name” Jinki replied guiding Taemin towards the black car. Taemin hummed. Somehow, that voice calmed him.

“How was your lesson, sir?”

“Terrible as always. Please, just call me Taemin.” Taemin twiddled his thumbs.

“I’m sure you did a great job, S- Taemin” Jinki peered at the said boy from the mirror as they turned a corner. Jinki had been hired when Taemin was 10. Two years before that fateful night. Two years before all light was lost.

The car parked at a rather large house.

“Taemin, we’re here. Would you like me to help you get out?” Jinki asked, looking through the window above his head.

“Oh, don’t worry, I can get out myself” Taemin said forcing a small smile. In truth, he didn’t feel like smiling at all. Jinki nodded even though he couldn’t see it anyway.

Taemin traced his hands over the door, looking for the handle sighing slightly. As he finally found the handle, the front door opened and Jinki made his way out watching as Taemin slowly shut the door and once again listened to the sound of his shoes against the gravel. Today was a lot warmer and a nice breeze danced around. The Lee family is not rich, if you’re wondering, but they’re not poor either. They have a ferly big house and a wonderful garden but they are just an ordinary family.

“Your mother will be cooking dinner now, are you hungry?” The two males walked up towards the door, the smell of wood overtook their nostrils as well as a delicious aroma. Both their stomachs immediately rumbled.

“Seems so”

Jinki closed the door behind them and excused himself from Taemin. Taemin reached down to the small open cabinet fumbling around until his hands met with a cold long object.

“Taemin, dear, you left your white stick at home which was very reckless, you could’ve gotten hurt!” Taemins mother called out from the other room where the sweet smell of Spaghetti Bolognese was coming from.

“Sorry. Forgot.” His excuse, he knew, was poor. Taemin hated having that thing around. It made him feel small and vulnerable. People that walk past him or are nearby always pity him, which makes anger bubble up inside him.

“Just… remember next time, okay?”

“Yes, Ma”

The Lees live partly hidden in the countryside. They are surrounded by wide ranges of trees and greenery. There is a lake just 2 minutes away from their house where Taemin sits on the bench opposite it and listens to the water waving against the wind. As a child, he would always play in the water and watch the lake until sunset, making a promise for it to be the last thing he sees before everything’s plunged into darkness. Except, that would be broken.

The evening included small conversations, long thoughts and sleepless nights.

 

 



 

 

Jongin didn’t know what to feel when he came down the stairs that morning. It came to a point where he couldn’t even acknowledge that man’s presence anymore.

“Oh you naughty boy, we just did it!” A raspy feminine cackled.

“You know you like it, baby” A husky voice howled.

Jongin walked into the large kitchen, pouring himself a glass of water.

“Hehe you know me well then”

“I could do you all day long”

“There are a lot of people in this house, what if they hear?”

“Then let them, your moans are incredible, let them hear the wonderful sounds that I create”

A smashing sound came from the kitchen. A pile of glass was spread out along the floor.

“Oops. My finger slipped” Jongin said unemotionally. He turned around, grabbing his backpack and heading for the large white door. The two bodies cursed at the intruder. Another woman. Jongin was sick of it, having to hear the disgusting noises and voices that came from the sofa almost every damn morning. His black shoes loudly connected with the marble floor as he made his way down the corridor, passing a young woman holding two white towels, he quickly warned her.

“There’s some glass scattered on the kitchen floor”

“I’ll clean that up, have a good day, sir” She quickly nodded, jogging slightly towards the kitchen. Another young female bowed towards Jongin as he passed.

“Have a good day, sir” She said, politely.

“Thanks you, you too”

Being in this house made him feel sick. Being outside made him forget everything at ‘home’. Jongin opened the double doors and took in a deep breathe. Instantly, feeling the outdoor breeze made his mood a whole lot better. Reaching for his bike that was resting on the side of the house, Jongin made his way through the neighborhood towards his school. He didn’t need to cycle but he loved it. The wind, the smell, the feeling, the scenery, everything. However, it always made him late.

“Kim Jongin you are exactly 6 minutes late. See me after class” His lecturer boomed out as Jongin crept up to his seat as his lecturer had his head buried in a book. Jongin straightened up, sighing heavily.

“Sorry, sir” he muttered.

“What did you do this time?” The boy blond boy whispered, staring straight ahead. Being at the back was both an advantage and disadvantage. He could talk (whisper) without the teacher hearing and try to sneak in from the back door but the teacher seemed to have super vision and always has his eyes at the back of the room like hawk, looking down at its prey.

“Oh, a stick was being a , so I ran it over. It was a ” Jongin muttered once again, straightening his tie and brushing dirt off his uniform trousers.

“That was smart.” Sehun chuckled lightly at his best friend. The boring voice of the teacher was drowned out as the two males exchanged news and notes between themselves.

“How are your piano lessons going?” Sehun asked, remembering their previous conversation.

“Yeah, great. It’s just great.” Jongin sighed sarcastically.

“I thought you liked playing the piano”

“Don’t get me wrong, I could never hate the piano, it’s just the teacher! Honestly, I can hardly stand being in the same room as him for 5 minutes before wanting to beat up his face let alone being in there for half an hour!”

“I feel your pain. This teacher here is bad enough and we’re miles away from him”

Jongin rested his head on the desk.

“I met someone there”

Sehun glanced from his notes towards his friend.

“Was she a hottie?”

Well... It’s a ‘he’. “Erm, well, I bumped into.. her.. and I’m curious about her” Jongin said thinking back to the past day.

“You like her?” Sehun smirked.

“I don’t know. She seemed… kind of weird though. When I put my hand out to help her up, she completely looked through me like I wasn’t there” He frowned. Last night had bothered him. He even got into trouble with Mr. Devil for ‘daydreaming’.

“Maybe she was just shocked. It’s not every day a bear runs you over”

“Did you just call me an animal? Offensive, much. Her eyes were… it’s hard to describe, they seemed kind of blank? ”

“Kim Jongin, how many times do I need to tell you off before you actually listen?  Stop. Talking.” The monstrous voice interrupted. Jongin gulped and turned back to writing notes from the board. His brown fringe flopped just above his eyes. He needed a haircut, Jongin thought.

“Talk later” Sehun whispered grinning with amusement. He likes crises.

School was always a good place to make Jongin forget things. It was a good place to focus on other things and it just so happens that the music room was almost always deserted. This means Jongin could create a bubble for himself and the piano that was stored in the room. It was his passion after all. In his bag, there would always be his personal piano book where he writes down his own music or others from the internet. For some reason, his mood felt right with a piece labeled ‘Skyfall’. The music always felt powerful when he played it and at times when his emotions were a mess; Jongin would play ‘Skyfall’ and whisper the lyrics. He would sing the lyrics, if he could, except his singing voice sounded like a choking donkey. His thoughts while playing this certain piece made him think of the beautiful boy he had accidently pushed over. Who was that? Did he have to suffer with the devil of a teacher too? And the biggest question of all: Why do those eyes hold so much emotion?

 


 

Here you go, first chapter done! Comment please what you think x

Word count: 1830