Chapter 3

I see you everywhere

 

Jongin had a dopey smile as his eyes drifted off into the distance. A sigh escaped his lips.

“What’s wrong with you now?” Sehun sighed. Jongins emotions changed every day and it was confusing.

“What do you mean? Everything’s great” Jongin said resting his head in his hands, a smile stretched itself across his lips.

“Did you finally talk to your dad?”

“No! Not yet anyway. Actually it’s that girl. I saved her last night” Jongin said proudly, an arm was across his chest in a heroic way.

“Saved…?” Sehun smiled at his friend.

“She got hit by my piano teacher. I don’t know why yet but I can guess. She’s blind.”

Sehun raised his eyebrows in surprise.

“Oh, so that’s why she didn’t move out the way when you ran into her.”

“Yeah, she’s so gorgeous up close. She gave me her address!” Jongin squealed.

“You seeing her after school?”

 “Mm-hmm. I’m going to get to know her first before anything else”

Sehun laughed at his friend. Jongin was obviously in love; his face gave it away the most. Every time he mentioned this girl his face brightened and a soppy smile would always make its way to his lips.

“What’s her name then?”

Jongin froze. What should he say? He wasn’t ready to tell Sehun about being Gay yet.

“Oh… err… T… Tanya?” He said hesitantly.

“Did you forget her name? Jeez, what am I going to do with you” Sehun sighed. The teacher from hell walked in and immediately drifted his eyes towards Jongin.

“Mr. Kim, it’s good you’ve actually listened to me and arrived before the bell”

Jongin just nodded slightly. He was early because he was in a good mood. Also… he got driven in.

“Tam for short.” Jongin whispered.

“Tam?”

“It means heart. She’s my heart.” Jongin smiled.

Sehun burst out laughing causing the teacher to tell him off. “Sorry sir, I just remembered something yesterday”

“I’m giving you a warning for now”

Jongin glared at Sehun.

“Oh come on, you must admit that’s hella cheesy” Sehun whispered as he pretended to write down notes.

There was a moment of silence between the two boys.

“What about Taya. Cloth cutter”

“Yah!” Jongin laughed along with Sehun both boys shoving each other slightly.

Jongin stared at the clock for the last 5 minutes. It seemed that time had suddenly stopped. Either that or it was being difficult for the poor boy. At last, the bell went off, signaling the end of the day. Jongin mentally cheered and rushed to pack his bag up. He said goodbye to Sehun before running out the room. Many other students were walking out or chatting among friends so it was hard to run without bumping into anyone.

Jongin couldn’t wait to see Taemin. He had hardly listened to any lessons that day because his mind was on what he was going to say. He’d decided to not ask any personal questions since he didn’t think Taemin would be very happy. It’s his choice anyway if he wants to open up.

Hopping onto his bike, Jongin peddled with one hand on the handle and the other holding his phone with Taemins address. It wasn’t too far from his school but it was away from the city and more in the countryside. Soon, the outline of a rather large house came into view. It was an old house, Jongin could tell. Slowing down, Jongin hopped back off his bike and walked up towards the house. A couple of trees were beside the house and a long curly path led up to the front door. Jongin placed his bike against the front of the house. There were no cars around, so he figured Taemin was alone. Jongin took in a deep breath before bringing his hand up and knocking three on the hard wood. A few seconds after he knocked, the door opened revealing a blob of brown hair. Jongin felt his lips turn upright as Taemin stood there with his eyes closed.

“Is this Jongin?” he asked a little hesitantly.

“Hi Taemin, yes it’s me.”

Taemin smiled at his voice and motioned for him to come inside. He held a white walking stick in his left hand.

“Would you like something to drink? Eat?” Taemin asked.

“Oh no, I’m fine, don’t worry” Jongin said waving him off.

“Here’s the living room. Take a seat if you like” Taemin sat on the sofa facing forwards. Jongin sat next to him.

“Thank you again for yesterday”

“Haha, I couldn’t just leave you there.” And I wanted to find you.

“It was my fault. I keep making mistakes.” Taemin said with a sigh. Jongin furrowed his eyebrows.

“I’m sure he was having a bad day, it wasn’t your fault.”

Taemin shook his head.

“I’ve never been very good at piano. Grown worse over time. You play, don’t you, Jongin?”  

“Yes, right after you. I wonder how I have never seen you before” Jongin laughed.

“How long have you been playing?”

“My grandmother taught me when I was 5. We lived in the country and the only music I heard was from the piano, what about you?”

“I was 6. We had this huge grand piano that mum bought for the house since she used to play, then she got me into it.”

Jongin looked around the room. There was a TV in the room, directly in front of him with a fire place beside it. The floor was wooden and smooth and the roof had some kind of swirly pattern on it painted in white. Jongin peered behind Taemin where a large grand black piano stood, waiting to be played.

“Is that the piano over there?” Jongin directed Taemins hand gently behind him.

“Oh, yes. I haven’t played it in a long time” Taemin said his eyes opening slightly.

“Would… would it be ok if I…”

“Yes, yes, it’s probably quite dusty but feel free” Taemin smiled. His smile made Jongins cheeks turn pink and his heart flutter. The two boys slowly made their way into the other room, connected to the living room. The walls turned inwards slightly at a certain point, making an arch shape. Jongin pulled out the stool hiding underneath the piano and began to trace his fingers slightly over the keys. He’s never played such a large piano. The only pianos that he had played were the one in the music room at school and the one at his lessons. The surface had a layer of dust over the top and as he swiped a finger over it, Jongin could see that the surface was actually really shiny.

Jongin glanced at Taemin who was leaning slightly against the side of the piano. He had his eyes closed.

Taking a deep breathe, Jongin played.

Taemin felt himself drawn into the music. This piano that he despised so much made his cold heart melt. He soon forgot where he was and lost himself with the melody. It was one he wasn’t familiar with, but he could hear how it held a story. It was beautiful. Jongin swiftly danced his fingers around; lightly pressing down until he would get to the chorus and the music would speed up. Taemin could recognize passion. One thing that he was very familiar with but was lost somewhere. When Jongin finished, he felt the tips of his fingers tingling and a thin layer of dust was evident. He heard a small sniff come from his left.

Taemin had his eyes open, fully, and salty tears were rushing down his face. Jongin quickly stood up, panicked. Did he do something wrong? Was he hurt?

“Taemin, are you okay? Why are you crying?”

“Because, it was beautiful.” Was all the boy said. His pale handmade its way up to his cheek.

“I didn’t realize I was crying, sorry” Taemin laughed feeling silly, but it felt so good. Letting all his emotions that were bottled up, felt… good. Jongin placed his hand on top of Taemins and wiped away a tear.

“You scared me, I thought something bad happened”

“You hardly know me, yet you are already worrying so much over me” Jongin smiled a warm smile.

“What, you think I’m a murderer or something?”

“Well, it’s possible”   

“Hey!” Jongin roared, the two of them laughing. Taemin fell into the cushions of the sofa with Jongin beside him.

“This may sound weird, but will you let me touch your face? Just to find out what you look like” Taemin asked facing Jongin.

“Okay.” Taemins hands roamed Jongins forehead for a bit before sliding them down to his eyebrows and then his eyes. They explored his cheeks and down his nose towards his lips. Taemin couldn’t help but think how soft they felt. He felt his cheeks heat up slightly.

“You have… really smooth skin” Jongin grinned at the comment.

“What, you thought I was some spotty nerd, or something?”

“No, no, no! It was just really smooth. Fine, how would you describe yourself then?” Taemin said, pouting. Cute.

“Well, I have slightly more tanned skin than most people, dark brown eyes, dark brown hair and quite a build body. You could say I’m y.”

Taemin laughed.

“Do you go to school?”

“Yes, just came back, actually. Do you?”

Taemin shook his head.

“I wish. I get home taught. ‘Easier and cheaper’ as mum puts it”

“Oh. Sorry.”

“Don’t apologies, it’s not that bad. I don’t want to waste your time too much but there’s one thing I’d like to ask” Taemin said twiddling his thumbs around and around.

“Ask all you like”

“Could you… be my friend?”

“Am I not already?” Taemin turned his head towards Jongin.

“So that means we’re friends?”

“Yeah!” Jongin said bumping his shoulder into Taemins lightly.

“Oh, and there’s just one more thing”

“I’m all ears.”

“Could you be my personal weather reporter?”

 


Jajaja!! This was pretty short but I felt it should really be in here

Plus i was kinda being Lazy xD

Please comment, it encourages me to write chapters :) x

Word count: 1683