Chapter 2 - Dormitory

Choices

 

Finally, I was discharged from the hospital. Jonghyun came to pick me up. Honestly, I was wondering why he treated me so well. Hm, probably because we’re friends. Yeah, we’re friends. Just friends... right? He helped me pack my stuff and sign some papers.

As I stepped out of the hospital, I took a deep breathe. The fresh cold air immediately filled my lungs. I grinned, happy that I don’t have to eat the bland and unpalatable food anymore. I don’t get why hospitals serve food of such lousy quality. Honestly, porridge, fruits and vegetables served everyday could not compare to Jonghyun’s cooking. He would stealthily give me appetizing  food when the nurses were out of sight.

“So where are you going to stay at?” Jonghyun asked as he put his jacket over me.

“I don’t know. I can’t remember anything.” I replied, pondering on where I should stay..

“Uhh, since you don’t have anywhere to stay at... um... I was wondering... if you... uh... if you want to stay at my dorm.” he looked down, avoiding my eye contact. I could slightly see his cheeks turning rosy.

“If it’s fine with you, I guess its ok.” He beamed brightly and pulled me to his car. “By the way you’re clothes are all in the car, ah and these are your belongings that were retrieved from your car.” he stated as he handed me a paper bag. Inside, there was a yellow paper envelope, a ruined handphone, small teddy bears and cute car accessories which I had probably used to personalize my car, a surprisingly unscratched laptop, some books and an MP3 player. I took out the envelope and unfastened it. Inside was my money

Throughout the journey, we did not utter a single word. I looked out of the window, watching the cars that drove past, the buildings, and the sun that was perched on magnolia white clouds. Occasionally, I would glance at Jonghyun, and admired him as he concentrated on driving.

Soon enough, we reached the building. He escorted me inside until we reached the dorm. He pressed the doorbell. Then an unfamiliar face appeared on the black screen. “Who is it?” Loud chatterings were heard from the screen. When the door opened, all eyes were on me. “Aigoo~ Are you Jonghyun’s friend? You’re Yoo Mi right? We heard a lot about you from Jonghyun. What do you think about him?” He pinched my cheeks and pulled me inside.

“Yah Key! Stop that! You’re embarrassing me!” Jonghyun grumbled as his face flushed tomato red. The dorm was quite big. They all sat at the sofa and crowded around me. I began to recognize the faces. There was this guy that already talked to me, he had dark purple hair with green highlights here and there. He’s Kibum, or Key as he wanted to be called. Then there was another guy with chinky eyes. I think he’s Onew, Lee Jin Ki.

There’s a guy with big bulgy eyes and beside him is another guy who looked really cute and kiddish. “And last but not least, this is Minho and Taemin.”

“Annyeonghaseyo~ I’m Yoo Mi. Jung Yoo Mi or Kristine.” I tried to sound as polite as possible. “Ah,we know. You can talk comfortably.” Onew said. His eye smile is undoubtedly cute. I nodded.

“Don’t just stand there! Take a seat!” Minho said as he pointed to the empty place beside Jonghyun. I scurried to the seat. Taemin continued, “Jonghyun hyung  told us you were going to be discharged today, so we cooked up a feast! Well, not really a feast but it’s still delicious!” I immediately smiled. They brought out food. I was so happy! Kimchi, seafood, sticky riceballs, ramen and rice! What a variety! I had to try them all! I sampled every dish, savouring them with every bite. They were indeed delicious! Everyone stared at me in unbelieveably.

“You’re really a shikshin! Here! Have more!” Onew said as he took out more kimchi. I nodded shyly. How embarrassing! I didn’t realise I had eaten so much. I used my chopsticks and took some more kimchi. I asked them, “Who cooked all of this?”

“All of us! Well, I did most of the cooking,” Key said, chewing on his food. Onew nudged him. Key added quickly, ”Of course, Jonghyun did quite a lot of the cooking as well.”

“Jonghyun hyung rarely cooks. I guess he only cooks for his girl huh?” Minho teased playfully. Jonghyun choked on his food. “Yah Minho shut you’re gap!” The guys chuckled. After dinner, I helped Key with the dishes although they said I didn’t need to since I was a guest. But I insisted. I couldn’t just leech on them right?

Key told me he could handle the dishes and demanded me to go to the living room. The other four boys were bickering over a game they were playing. “Yoo Mi! Wanna play?” Jonghyun handed his joystick to me. I smiled and received it.

“You want me to teach you how to play?” I shook my head. “I know how to play this.” Initially I was quite shocked too. This game looked awfully familiar. Somehow, I remember how I used to go to my neighbour’s house to play this game when I was younger. I have no impression on the people in my memories, though. But in my mind, flashed an image of someone holding my hand and taking me to the house next door. I could still remember winning every game against the boys who whined when they lost.

I smirked. The game started. I leisurely let them drive past me in the first lap, caught up with them in the second lap, and overtook them in the final lap. They were good opponents, but still not good enough to win me. My timing was 15 seconds faster than 2nd place Minho. Haha. The guys all looked really shocked.

“I’m quite sure you cheated.” Taemin whined.

“That’s not very fair then.” Onew added grumpily.

“I let you win the game just now. Don’t be too smug. We’ll play again.” Minho challenged competitively, recovering from his previous depression. “Bring it. Oh, be sure to do your best~” I chirped happily. Jonghyun spurred me on. The next thing that happened was the best. I won Minho by a whole minute, since my competitiveness was triggered. You should’ve seen his face! It was so hilarious!

“Yay Yoo Mi~ You actually won the unbeatable Minho! Good job!” Jonghyun ruffled my hair playfully and hugged me. I sneered triumphantly. “What? You lost to a girl? Good job Minho! You have let the whole society of guys down...” Key furrowed his eye brows and glared at Minho. The boys grumbled over and over again that it was unfair. They stressed the point that I cheated. I shook my head and frowned at the childish boys.
 
Well, I guess its true that boys are sore losers.
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Authors' Note ---------------------------------------------
 
Hi!
We're back!
Hope you like this chapter! ^^
Continue to support us! :D
 
-- Lina and Mika ♥