two

but you don't know
 
 

Everything in the universe has a rhythm, everything dances.


 

Yoona leaves after three days they meet but Sehun isn't heartbroken or upset. It has always been this way between the two, they meet when she returns and they part when she leaves. He's used to it already and even though he misses her dearly, he doesn't say it because he will always remember his promise to her.

 

“You and I—we are enough.”

 

(And that’s all that matters.)

 

While still working on his thesis that week, he receives a message let's host a party at my place for your Papa Eunhyuk's birthday from Hyoyeon, the owner of the dance studio his parents used to frequent in the past when they were still together. He types sure, will Papa Donghae be coming? and contemplates for a minute before sending the message. 

 

It has been three months since his parents are separated. They have adopted him for five years and in those magical years, Sehun has never once doubted Donghae and Eunhyuk’s love for one another. They always seem so destined, blissful and perfect, like two halves of a whole. 

 

The reply comes two and a half minutes later with a smiley face and of course he will

 

Maybe Hyoyeon holds the answer that Sehun doesn't know.  

 

Spring is rolling around when Sehun knocks on the door. a pretty blonde-haired woman opens and she smiles at him the way she’s always smiled at his parents, her eyes are soft and welcoming, and she reaches for his hand to lead him inside her studio. She says something about school and then another about how he has grown up so quickly into a fine man now. 

 

"I'm sure you have many things to ask me," she smiles prettily, "which is why you're here so early."

 

Hyoyeon has always been one of their closest family friend and if there are things that he doesn't know, she's always the right person to ask.

 

"Is it about Papa's seperation," she starts, "I'm sure you were fairly shocked when they told you about their divorce." 

 

Sehun nods.

 

"Do you think it's a bad thing," she asks him, passing him a drink.

 

He ponders over her words before sitting down at the bench beside her, "not really," he runs a hand through his hair. 

 

"I weren't shocked at all," she tells him and an obvious perplexed expression forms on his face,"it's not that they don't love each other anymore, Sehun,"

 

"Then why?" 

 

"You will know when you grow older," she smiles, her smile is pleasant and warm, that of a mother he has always imagined.

 

When the door opens again, Sehun marvels at the way the inseparable duo seems to be glowing as they enter the studio, with one arm casually drapes around another’s shoulders, hair tousled, bright smiles and flowers blooming everywhere around them.  He doesn't ask Hyoyeon any more questions because he thinks maybe this is the happiness they wish for and he remembers.

 

“You and I—we are enough.”

 

 

(And that’s all that matters.)