CHAPTER 1

Five Days In Korea With Little Sophie

Day 1

[Part 1 - Airport]

 

Everything was brand new. The unusual coldness, the skinny people, the big airport, the words they say, and the letters posted everywhere, were strangers in her eyes. And rather than to be afraid of the sudden change, she couldn't hide her smile for the mix excitement and joy she felt inside her.

As a usual child, Sophia loves to play and do random things that will make her happy regardless of what will it be. She was very sneaky, and witty for her age of five. Her mama always get nervous whenever she does something beyond control.

And now that they were at a new place, at a new country, she just wanted to run everywhere and check every new stuff she see, if only her mama will let her hand go.

"Mama! Look, they need me there!"

Her small voice caught Lhei's attention, and they both looked at the direction where Sophie was pointing. It was a bunch of people arguing on something, or rather "foreigners" who tries to communicate with the locals with the use of their whole body and facial expressions. It was as if they were playing charades, a word guessing  game that uses actions.

Lhei couldn't hide her laughter while watching the foreigners and Sophie on the other hand, barely couldn't understand the situation. All she was thinking was about the game the foreigners where playing.

"Mama, why are you laughing? I wanted to play with them."

"Baby they were not playing."

"Huh? Isn't that playing?"

Lhei got into her knees to level herself to Sophia.

"It wasn't, they were doing all they can to connect with the locals. It is called, "communicating."

Again, Lhei couldn't hide her smiles for she can see all the questions on her child's face.

"Baby, you don't need to bother. Let's just go now, so that you can play. Okay?"

Sophia's face brighten, and she just nodded her head in agreement with her mama with no trace of confusion. Of course, child will always be a child, just say play and they'll forget everything.

"I'll just check our bag, okay?"

"Okay."

Lhei get up and took Sophia's hand away for a while to check her hand carry bag. At first, Sophia was looking after her mama, but then again something weird caught her two wide eyes that she couldn't look away.

It was about three young adults with weird hairdos walking so flawlessly to the lounge area. They kinda look like celebrities, but for Sophia their hair was worth a million to check out, not their identity. Her feet suddenly moved, until she just found herself beside them. She was just really intently looking at their hairdos with her head up, until the guy with the white hair noticed her. He was tall, skinny and has a very small eyes, a young man who looked very decent with just his simple sleeveless black shirt and khaki pants.

"Aigoo!"

The guy suddenly jumped on shock as he saw a small child wearing a scarf with almond eyes that full of pureness, and has a small binnie that still exposed her long cute curly hair. It was as if Sophia was a ghost that he even had to hug one of his friend beside him.

"Ya! It's a kid!"

Sophia was quite scared by the guy who shouted to the man with the white hair, and her heart pumped louder when that stanger actually knelt down to face her. The man also looks very decent with his plain v-neck T-shirt and simple pants, but unlike the other man, his skin was like a clean sheet of paper with some tattoos that were quite visible.

"Anneong."

Sophia couldn't understand, but her only focus was on the stranger's hair. It was shaved on the other side while it was colored by brown higlighted with pink. She couldn't fight the urge to touch the stranger's hair, and so she did.

"Oh?"

The man was a bit startled by the touch of Sophia, but he actually found it amusing. His name was actually GD, the young professional artist who was the leader of the famous Korean boy group "Bigbang." He was with s Daesung which has the white hair and Seungri, the man who Sophia found normal among the three since he was the only one who has a clean cut hair with no color, just the usual black.

GD, Daesung and Seungri actually had a vacation on some other country, and they were now going back to Korea to have some rest since their tour has already ended. Bigbang had five original members, but the other two members had different schedules and plans since every members also had different solo careers that they had to take care of.

"Where is your parents?" GD asked.

"Maybe she's lost." It was Seungri who said this while looking down to Sophia who was just about his waist.

"My mama is over there." She raised her index finger and pointed at her mama's direction.

"Where?"

GD stood up to look and held Sophia's hand. They all extended their necks, on where she was pointing, but they barely couldn't exactly find the place because they were far from the line and there were a lot of people who was passing by infront of them. The airport was fully packed of different faces, and though Sophia can clearly remember where her mama stood up, in the eyes of the three man, it was impossible for them to locate her.

"She's behind them."

"But we can not see her."

"I'll go back there then."

"No-no-no baby, it's too dangerous."

"But-but, mama is there. She must be worried by now."

Her voice was so cute, and GD couldn't hide his hidden desire to pinch Sophia's fluffy cheeks.

"You are so cute! Just be with us for a while, and I'll find a way to call your mama, okay?"

He soften his voice to convince Sophia, and good thing that she agreed. Sophia was actually afraid of strangers, but somehow the presence of the three young adults doesn't scare her, but rather she felt comfortable especially that GD was holding her hand.

"Good girl."

He pats Sophia's head, and slightly pinch her right cheek.

"Tightly hold my hand, okay?"

"Okay, but can I know your name?"

"Of course, my name is GD."

"GD?"

"Yes."

"Your hair looks weird."

"Huh?"

"It's weird, pink is for girl right? And you have it on your hair."

"Hahahahaha."

They all burst in laughter of what she said and how she said it. Her eyebrows always follow her expresions and her voice was so little like a chirpping bird, but she doesn't stammer unlike other kids.

"Why do old people laugh suddenly with no reason?"

"Old people, you say?"

"Ah-huh." Sophia said this as if she was a sixteen years old girl confirming all that she had said.

"Hahahahaha."

And again they laugh with Sophia's conviction.

"Make me understand please."

GD again knelt down to talk with her.

"Baby, it was because some young people like you make old people happy."

"Really?"

"Yes."

Her face lighten up again, and you can really see it into her bright eyes and smile.

"I made you happy."

"Yes, you did."

She giggled, and she suddenly grab the sleeves of the guy with black hair.

"Why baby?"

"Can you look for my mama? She's pretty and y, you will recognize her easily."

"Woah, then can I date your mama?"

GD quickly smacked Seungri's head and he felt the short pain.

"Aww!"

"She's a kid, don't confuse her!"

"Okay-okay, I'm sorry!"

Seungri said sarcastically, and GD faced his fist to Seungri for more pain. It was normal for them to joke like that, since they've been friends for so many years now.

"Baby, can you further describe your mama?" Seungri asked.

"Well, her hair is this small."

Sophia puts her hand ob her neck to describe how short her mama's hair is.

"And her eyes were this big, but-but a bit small."

She pointed her eyes, while giving her best showing the three boys how her mama's eyes look like. And now that she realize it, she looks like playing charades with them, just like what she saw before.

"Oh I'm tired, just look for a girl who is currently panicking."

She relaxed her shoulders, and her facial expression was gone. Daesung bit his lips, for he wanted to hug Sophia real hard now.

"Omo! You're so cute!" Daesung bursted.

"Okay, so now that you already describe her, uncle Seungri will find her. Okay?"

Seungri give her a big smile and Sophie smile in return.

"Okay."

Seungri was about to leave, when Sophia suddenly shouted.

"Uncle!"

"Yes baby?"

"My Mama is shorter than you and her name is Lhei."

"Got it!" He smiled and pinch Sophia's cheek.

"By the way, what is your name Baby?"

"Sophia."

"Wow! Pretty name, okay Sophia, I'll get your mama just wait for me."

They watched him go, while GD doesn't let go of Sophia's hand.

 

*********

 

After a few minutes, Seungri came back with Lhei, and for some reason it made GD's time stop for a moment. Everything was in slow motion, seeing a beautiful young lady coming towards them. She has a not so white skin mark of being an asian living in a tropical country, and her hair was short, but a bit wavy. She has a small rounded face, with small red thin lips, and a nose that perfectly convex that fits her whole facial feature.

GD couldn't even believe that she was seeing a mother.

"Are you sure she is your mama?"

"Mama!"

"Sophie!"

Just then, Sophia let his hand go and run towards her mother. They hugged each other and Lhei couldn't hide being so emotional.

"Thanks Godness you are safe!"

"I'm sorry mama, I did it again."

"It's okay baby, it's okay."

She caressed Sophia'a back while hugging her.

"She doesn't looks like a mother." -Daesung

"I know." -GD

"Just how old is she?" -Daesung

"Maybe in mid-20s?" -GD

"Haay, how unfortunate that she already have a child." -Seungri

Both guys agreed on his statement, and while they were talking, Lhei finally stood and faced them with a pleasing smile.

"Thank you very much for looking for Sophia and I am very sorry to cause you inconvinient."

She bowed her head in greatfulness, that she learned in Korean culture.

"It's okay, we had fun anyway." -GD

They both have smiles on their faces.

"I still thank you, well... We'll go first. Ba-bye."

Lhei held Sophia's hand and they were really set to go when GD couldn't stop himself.

"Wait!"

"Yes?"

"Ahhmm, do you want a ride? We'll take you to your hotel." He offered.

"No thanks, Sophia had troubled you guys a lot, and we can go by ourselves."

"No-no-no, she didn't really bother us, so just ride with us."

GD was suddenly being so assertive that it was obvious, so Lhei forcefully moved her head no.

"Thank you for all the kindness, but I really can't say yes, we'll go ahead now, bye."

She bowed again in respect, and grab Sophia to go.

"Bye!" Sophia shouted with joy, turning her face back while walking away with her mama.

They waved at her too, and in just a minute, Lhei and Sophia were out of their sight.

"I'll date her if I'll see her again or if only she doesn't have a daughter, I'll really chase her." -Seungri

"You can't tell, maybe Sophia was just her niece or something." -Daesung

"Niece? She called her mama?" -GD

"Yeah, but she looks like a ." -Daesung

GD then suddenly smack Daesung's head and he couldn't do anything.

"Ya! Hyung that's hard!" -Daesung

"I know, you deserved it. Let's go."

Glamour is all overs Daesung's face, and Seungri just can't hold back his laughter.

 

*********

 

On the other hand, Lhei and Sophia took a cab out of the airport and something was bothering little Sophie.

"Mama?"

"Yes?"

"I think I saw those uncles on your room before?"

"Huh?"

Sophia's eyebrowse met for thinking so hard until something pops up on her mind.

"Ah! They were on the walls mama!"

"What are you saying baby?"

"The walls in your room, those uncles were there!"

"Ah my posters?"

"Yes-yes!"

She excitedly nods her head with a smile that doesn't show her teeth.

"Yes baby, that was them."

"So what are them mama? You know them, but it seems like you don't."

"Of course I know them, I am one of their fan before."

"Fan?"

"Yes, someone who idolize other people or some thing. It was a category baby, like a type of person which carries a super magical feelings."

"Magical?"

"Ah-huh, you always feel happy and excited at the same time whenever you see them, even just a glimpse or even for a second baby. It was actually an unexplainable love that everybody thinks shallow, but for us fans it was all that we want. That heavenly feeling, that hype, and the joy that they bring was nearly our everything. Sometime they even became the reason of our existence since they were the main root of our happiness."

"Mama I want to be a fan someday."

"You'll get there, and it's a choice baby. Remember, you can not force happiness it will just come, and no matter what you'll be, I'll be very very very happy to always support you."

"But what do they do mama?

"They sing and dance."

"Are they famous???"

"Yes."

"Woah! That pink uncle held my hand, and mama likes him!"

"Hahahaha, that was way way way back before."

"But you still like them mama."

"Yeah."

Sophia smiled and Lhei just pinch her cheeks.