I would

Letters to you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Kris’ body trembled and his knees finally give up. He suddenly felt so weak as if his energy was sipped out of his body. There in the bed with tubes connected to the body, is the girl whom his heart yearns for and the one sending the letters. A tear fell down from his eyes, and then followed by another and another until they became uncontrollable tears. His body shakes as he cried his heart out for the person lying in the bed. This is not what he expected to see. He did not wish to meet her like this.

 

Dara looks so peaceful even with masked in her face. She’s paler than the last time he saw her, months ago.

 

“Is this….is this the reason why you don’t want to see me, Sandara?” Kris took Dara’s cold hand and placed it in his cheeks. “I finally meet you. You are here and I am not letting you go.” Kris kissed the back of Dara’s hand as his tears continue to stream down his face.

 

“Dara, she has always you.” Kris looked up to Ayaka who is standing at the other side of the bed, caressing Dara’s hair gently. “She always admire you from afar. There isn’t a day that she won’t talk about you. She’s always, Kris is so handsome. Kris is so manly. Kris like this, Kris like that. her day starts with you and ends with you. That’s how Dara’s day went by every day. And it became quite handful when you and her starts hanging out at the music room every dismissal. Gosh! I sometimes wish that she’ll get tired of talking about you, but every time I see the joy in her eyes whenever she talks about you, I can’t help but to thank you for making her happy.”

 

”If she likes me, then why did she never told me about it?” Kris sadly gazed at Dara’s sleeping figure.

 

“You can tell now why she never told you.” A sad smile graced Ayaka’s face.

 

“Dara has a heart problem since we we’re little. The doctor told us that Dara will only live for less than 20 years, if we haven’t find any heart donor soon. Our family and relatives are working hard to find her a donor. But it’s hard to find one when Dara’s condition is a rare case. Only 2 people out 1,000 has this kind of condition and sadly, Dara is one of the 2 people.”

 

“Is this the reason why she stops attending school?”Ayaka nods.

 

“Dara’s condition worsen and she has to stay at the hospital, though she does not want to be here but she has to. And 4 days ago, Dara had a heart attack where we almost lost her.” Ayaka’s voice crack as she says the last words.

 

“I was so scared that she might not open her eyes. She…Dara….she’s dying…And I couldn’t do anything to save her.” Ayaka finally broke down. “That’s why I….I bring you here to see her again. I know you can make her happy despite the little times she has. Kris, make her happy even for a while. Treat her the way you treat the person you love. You said you are falling for her, then make her feel loved by you, as she is already in love with you. I know it is a selfish request from me but I am desperate. I want her to feel love by the person she loves. Please Kris, do this for her. Do it for Dara. Dara needs you to make her feel worthy of someone’s love despite her condition. Please….”

 

Kris wiped his own tears as he brings his hand to cupped Dara’s face. “You don’t have to ask me because I will do it. I told myself that once I find her, I am not letting her go no matter what happen. And I love her Ayaka. I will be by her side until the end.”

 

 

 

 

Kris told his parents about Dara and her condition and he decided to take care of Dara. His parents feel sad about it but let him do whatever he wants knowing that their son is in love with the sick girl.

 

 

 

 

“Kris, I know you like Dara but you can’t abandon us dude. The games is just 2 weeks away, we need you. We need our captain.” Joonmyeon said.

 

“I am not going to abandon the team, I’m just saying that I couldn’t practice for too long since I have to be at the hospital to take care of Dara.”

 

“Are you her boyfriend, huh?”

 

“Yeaol, I…”

 

“You’re so unfair Kris. You knew I like Dara so much and yet when I asked you if you like her, you denied it. And now you want to be with her. You’re a freaking liar Kris!” Chanyeol snaps before walking away from their table.

 

“Don’t take it seriously. We all know Chanyeol isn’t mad at you. He is just too sad and heartbroken after knowing Dara’s condition and he can’t do anything to save her.” Lay calmly said.

 

“Now I know why Ayaka isn’t here and she was sad. Arghh! This is so depressing. I just hope I could hug Ayaka and comfort her right now.” Sehun sadly said making his hyungs brow raised.

 

“You are being ert.”

 

“I am not a ert like you kkamjong!”

 

“I support your decision, Kris hyung. Take care of Dara.” Kyungsoo understandingly said and Kris can’t be more thankful for the support and understanding by his friends.

 

Kris’ phone suddenly went off and when he check, it was Ayaka calling him. “Hello?...Really?....I’m coming. I’ll see you in a while. Bye.”

 

“Where are you going?”--- Lay

 

“I’m going to the hospital. Dara is awake.”

 

 

 

 

“Hey Ayaka” Kris greeted the girl when he saw her sitting outside Dara’s room.

 

Ayaka look up and smile at Kris. “They’re still checking her up. We’ll get inside once they’re done.”

 

Kris sit beside Ayaka. “I’m glad she’s awake.”

 

“Yeah. Me too.” Ayaka’s phone breaks the silence between them, Kris saw Ayaka check her phone but rejects the call.

 

“Why aren’t you answering your phone?”

 

Ayaka turn to him before shaking her head. “I don’t have anything to tell him.”

 

“Was that your boyfriend?”

 

A sad smile appear in Ayaka’s face. “More like an ex-boyfriend. I broke up with him a month ago.”

 

Kris remained silent not knowing what to say to that statement.

 

After a while the door open and Dara’s doctor walk out. “You can now see the patient.”

 

“Thank you doctor.” Kris and Ayaka bowed to the doctor before heading inside the room.

 

There in the bed, Dara is sitting while looking out of the window.

 

“Dara, there is someone who wants to see you.” Ayaka softly said when she seats beside her sister. Dara turn to her sister before her gaze landed to Kris who is standing awkwardly few meters away from the sibling.

 

Dara’s eyes widen upon seeing her visitor and she immediately turn to her sister. “What is Kris doing here?” Dara asked in panic.

 

Ayaka placed both of her hands to her sister’s shoulder. “He is here to see you.”

 

“But I told you-“

 

“Yes I know. No one supposed to know, especially him. But I know you wanted to see him as much as he wants to see you. I’ll leave the two of you alone so you could talk to each other.”

 

Dara panic even more knowing that her sister will leave her alone with Kris. “No. Don’t leave please…”

 

“Dara listen, you both have a lot of things to talk about and you don’t need me to hear any cheesy things you will tell each other. Don’t worry, everything will be alright.” Ayaka reassured Dara and kissed the latter’s forehead before heading towards the door.

 

“Go talk to her.” Ayaka urge Kris and pat the guy’s shoulder before stepping outside of the door.

 

When Ayaka finally closed the door, an eerie silence drop between the two. Dara fidgets the hem of her blanket as she avoids looking at Kris. While Kris on the other hand can’t control the fast beating of his heart. It has been 4 months since the last time he saw Dara and he has a lot of things to say but his tongue seems heavy to make a word. Kris just look at Dara. He wanted to run towards the girl and caged her into his arms but he does not want to scare the girl so he stops himself.

 

For 6 months, he wanted to meet the person who makes him happy and makes him fall in love, and now that she is a few meters away from him, he can’t do anything but to admire her.

 

“Kris?” A soft call of his name snaps Kris out of his reverie.

 

“Ah…yeah?”

 

“I…I’,…” Seeing how Dara struggles, Kris make a quick steps and stops right in front of Dara.

 

Finally, pulling the petite girl until she is against his chest. Kris’ action startled Dara but he does not care as long as she is in his arms. Both their hearts are frantically beating hard and fast against their ribcage.

 

“You don’t have any idea how long I’ve been wanting to hold you in my arms Dara.”

 

The sudden confession made Dara stiff. She did not expect this at all from the man that she loves for a very long time.

 

“At last I finally found you and I will never let you go, Sandara. Not today. Not tomorrow. Not ever.”

 

“Kris, I-“

 

“I don’t care if you are sick. I don’t care if you are dying. I just want to be by your side. I want to be with you as long as you can. Because I need you. I need you so much, Dara.”

 

Dara pull away from the hug and shakes her head. “No Kris. If you do this, you’ll only end up getting hurt. I will never get healed. I will die soon.”

 

Kris cupped Dara’s face. “I don’t care. I don’t care if you will leave me soon and I will be in pain. I want to be with you because if I won’t, the pain of losing you without even letting you know of how I feel for you is worst. I’m willing to get hurt as long as it is you. You are worth every pain and heart break. I love you Dara. I love you so much.”

 

Dara tears up hearing those words that she long to hear from the man of her life. “I love you too Kris. I love you so much that I hurts without you by my side.”

 

“I will never leave you Dara. Never.” Kris pressed his lips against Dara and they shared a sweet passionate kiss while their tears are streaming down their faces for the happiness and at the same time sadness that they feel.

 

 

 

 

Since that day, Kris always spends his night at the hospital with a smile etched on his face. Every day Kris became happier and alive and it’s all because of Dara. And just like any other day, the whole EXO members packed Dara’s private room. They’re all here to visit Dara. And Chanyeol and Kris came to terms already so they’re all too noisy inside the room.

 

“Okay guys, that’s enough. Dara needs her rest so you better leave now.” Kris said noticing the time.

 

“Kris hyung wants us to leave so he can have alone time with Dara noona. Tsk! Hyung you can just honestly tell us, ya’know.” Sehun teased the older making Kris blushed when the maknae caught his real intention. He really wanted to have some time alone with girlfriend and he was wondering of bringing the girl outside the hospital to watch the fireworkds later tonight.

 

“That’s enough, Sehun. Kris is right though, we need to go it’s a bit late and I’m sure our parents are waiting for us.” Joonmyeon said earning groans from the rest.

 

“It’s alright guys, you can all come back and visit tomorrow. And I’ll tell Ayaka to buy us something to eat tomorrow.” Dara said convincing the boys.

 

“Ayaka will be here?” Sehun, Jongdae and Lay asked in unison with so much excitement in their voices making Dara giggles.

 

“I feel like the three of you are here because of my sister not me.” Dara jokingly said and the trio immediately denies it.

 

The door suddenly open and the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter