I wish

Letters to you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

My dearest Kris,

How are you feeling now? I hope you are feeling fine now. I may not know how you feel but I want you to know that in every break up it is not the end of it. It only means that you are a step closer to the person who is destined to be yours.

Keep smiling my Kris, show the world that you are strong and that you can move on from this heart break.

Fighting my Kris!

Your friend

 

 

 

 

A smile creep on Kris as he finished reading the letter that his mysterious but kind friend sent to him or rather left for him.  He has been receiving letters from this friend of him for 6 months. It all started one fine autumn day, Kris always spent a couple of minutes just sitting at his favorite bench in the park, when he notice a small paper tucked beside the arm rest of the bench. Curiously, Kris picked it up and opens and he read the note and was surprised to find that it was written for him. And that's how it all started and Kris always leave a letter for this person, and up until now he still don't have any idea who is this mysterious friend of him.

 

 

Some might find it creepy but to him, he find it interesting. This friend of him seems to know everything that is happening to him despite of not meeting the person behind those letters but those letters always cheer him up whenever he is down even on the smallest thing and will support him in everything that'll he do.

 

 

To be honest she's the only friend who appreciates his drawings. Despite of not knowing the persons gender, Kris has a strong gut feeling that the person behind those letter is a girl. Probably a shy type girl and is very shy to meet him or even tell him her name.

 

 

She always compliments his drawing when his other friends will laugh at his masterpiece saying that it was random drawing of a preschooler.  Kris' grateful for this friend for always being there for him. He really wanted to meet this friend of him but every time he asked her, she will always decline, telling him that they don't have to meet each other, but Kris being Kris, always insist, following his motto that girls change their mind any minute and he was certain that she will is she really is a she.

 

 

Kris grabbed a neat blank paper from his bag and starts scribbling a reply.

 

 

 

 

My dearest mysterious friend,

Thank you for cheering me up, though I don't have any idea how did you know about my break up with Jessica, your words really made me smile. And I thank you for that. I know I’ve been asking this for million times but again I will ask you this, please let's meet up. I really wanted to meet the person who always makes me smile behind these letters. Please, all I want is to see you and talk to you personally. Please, I hope this time you will grant my request. Until then, I’ll wait for your reply.

Take care always.

Your Kris

 

 

 

 

Kris sighed as she re-read the words that he wrote; with a hopeful smile he gently folded the letter. He gently laid the letter on the bench at the park where he and his mysterious friend leaves the letter. He paid a last glance to the letter before getting up the bench and makes his way home with every hopeful step that maybe just maybe this mysterious friend of him will meet him up. Everyone that knows what's going on in that bench could tell him to stay and hide until his mysterious pen pal showed up but he doesn't want to do that. He doesn’t want to lose this friend if he does that. He wanted to meet her on her own freewill. He’s excited to see her reply tomorrow when he goes back to that park early morning.

 

 

 

 

 

 

The sound of the alarm made Kris stir from his sleep, he wanted to go back to sleep but he remember the letter that his mysterious friend left at the park. He enthusiastically kicked his bedcover and skip to his bathroom to take a shower. Kris humming happily until the shower. He can't help but to be excited and giddy to read his friend's reply. 15 minutes of shower, he gets back to his room and put on his uniform. After making sure that he looks extra-good, he took his bag and made his way to their kitchen.

 

 

"Morning mom!" Kris energetically greeted his mother before taking his seat and start eating his breakfast.

 

 

For the past 6 months Kris’ mother noticed the sudden change in his son, though she can't complain about it. It’s good that Kris changed from grumpy to a bright one. But she can't help but to be surprised by her son's behavior today. She heard about her son's break up with Jessica, she knows how fond her son to his former girlfriend and frankly, she expect to see a puffy and sad Kris but everything is the opposite. Her son seems to be a lot happier now that he is single. Kris doesn't look like he just got dumped.

 

 

"Sweetie, are you alright?" She can't help but to worry. Who knows that maybe her son is facing a depression and just covering it by acting happy.

 

 

Kris stops from eating and look at his mother with wonder. "Yes I am. Why mom?"

 

 

His mother took a seat beside him and caress his hand. "Sweetie, I heard what happened between you and Jessica. And if you are have something to say, mom is here to listen. You don't have to pretend to be happy around me." She gently said while looking at her son straight in the eyes.

 

 

Kris smile softly at his mother and took her hand. "Mom, I know you're worried but you don't have to worry about a thing. Yes, I was sadden by Jessica’s decision but believe me mom, I am fine now. I am no longer sad about it. And besides, it is bound to happen and I am glad that she broke up with me, so don't worry mom. I am definitely more fine." Kris kissed his mother's forehead before looking at his wristwatch and was surprise to see the time.

 

"I have to go now mom. I’ll see you later. Love you." And Kris runs fast towards his car. He has to be at the park before someone took the letter from his friend.

 

 

He was relieved when no one is around, he slowly make his way to that familiar bench and saw a neatly folded paper placed at the bench. He sit on the bench and took the paper and open it.

 

 

 

 

My dearest Kris,

I am happy to know that I made you smile my dear. But again I am sorry my dear but I can't grant your wish. I know I am being unfair but I assure you that it is better than for you to see me. I don't want you to be sad when you find out who am I. I am sorry my dear if I made you sad this early morning it's not my intention to do so but I have to. It’ll only cause you sadness if I let you meet me. I am sorry.

Your friend

 

 

 

Kris can't help but to be sad for the reply. He was expecting that somehow his friend will agree on meeting up each other. All he ever wanted is to meet the person behind those letters. Is that too much to ask?

 

 

With a heavy heart, Kris took a paper from his bag and scribble a reply.

 

 

 

 

Okay I understand and I respect your decision but please at least tell me who you are. That’s all I ask of you. Just tell me your name and I’ll be happy.

Waiting for your reply.

Your Kris

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Hyung!" A shout pull him back from spacing out.

 

 

"Huh?” Kris asked confusedly at his friend.

 

 

"Hyung, you've been spacing out. What’s wrong?" Sehun the maknae asked with worriedness. Kris look at his friends who seems worried about him.

 

 

He felt guilty for making them worry about him. "Ah nothing. I was just thinking about something." he said smiling assuring that he is fine.

 

 

"Kris, don't get too depress about your break up." Joonmyeon said.

 

 

"I am not depress about that, okay? I don't care about the break up."

 

 

"Then what’s bothering you?" Minseok the oldest in their group asked.

 

 

"It’s about your mysterious friend, isn't it?" Luhan asked looking at him.

 

 

Kris slumped down his chair before taking another sigh.

 

 

"Hyung, don't you think you need to stop communicating with that person? I mean who knows it might be one of your sasaeng fans. You’re putting yourself in danger." Chanyeol worriedly said.

 

 

Kris looked at Chanyeol and give the latter a small smile. "Don’t worry. I know she's harmless."

 

 

"How did you know that it's a she, not a he? Did that person told you." --- Jongdae

 

 

"You guys worry too much. Don’t worry, nothing's bad going to happen. And stop being curious of my friend." Kris surprisingly possessive towards his mysterious friend.

 

 

"Someone is possessive." Kris kicked Zitao in the shin making the latter yelp in pain.

 

 

"By the way Chanyeol, is Dara really won't be coming back at school?" Yixing asked changing the topic.

 

 

Kris furrowed his brow, Dara isn't coming back? He is curious, well he is always curious about Sandara Park, the famous beautiful and talented pianist of their school whom his friends like especially Chanyeol, Tao and Lu Han. And of course he himself likes her but never dare admit it. Kris will never admit his little crush to the said pianist to avoid being teased by his friend and he doesn't want to make Chanyeol sad if he finds out that not only Luhan and Tao who has a crush on Dara within their circle of friend.

 

 

Chanyeol sigh sadly. "Yeah. Noona isn't coming back. That’s what I’ve heard."

 

 

"Why?” Kris can't help but to asked. His friends look at him with confusion. "What? I am just curious."

 

 

"I don't know. They said it was confidential, that's why." Chanyeol said before turning his attention back to poke his food.

 

 

"Haven’t you asked Ayaka? She’s Dara’s step-sister." Joonmyeon said pointing at the girl who is seating few tables away from them. They all look over the said girl who is also looking at them with somewhat sad face.

 

 

Chanyeol shook his head furiously. “I won't dare approach her. She’s a complete opposite of Dara noona. Ayaka is a cold mean girl."

 

 

"That’s not true. Ayaka is anything but that." Sehun disagree with Chanyeol.

 

 

"What do you mean, Sehun? Have you ever talked to her?” Tao asked.

 

 

"Yes!"

 

 

"What?” All his hyungs said in chorus. It’s not every day that Ayaka talk to someone other than her sister and her small circle of friends.

 

"Hyungs stop shouting!" Sehun whines while covering his ears.

 

"When? How? Where?”  Jongdae nagged the maknae.

 

"Hyung stop shaking me!!!"

 

"Hi Ayaka!" The two stops whatever they're doing and look at Yixing who greeted the girl who is passing by their table.

 

 

Ayaka was surprised by the sudden greeting, she never really bother the EXO. "H-hi!" All of them drop their jaw hearing how the so-called ice princess stutters in front of them.

 

 

“Are you done having your lunch?” Yixing friendly asked. Still surprised why one of EXO member is talking to her, unable to find words to answer, she just settles in nodding her head.

 

 

“Is that so? By the way, we heard about Sandara-ssi. We’re worried of her. Can you tell us why isn’t she coming back?”

 

 

“I’m sorry but Dara said not to tell anyone. If you don’t have anything else to ask, I’m taking my leave.” Without waiting for a reply, Ayaka walk away from them.

 

 

“Man! I told you, she’s nothing but a cold mean girl. Did you see, she just called Dara noona by her name, when she’s even younger than us! How rude?!” Baekhyun commented.

 

 

“Guys, let’s stop, okay. It does not matter if she called Dara noona with or without honorific. It’s her life, not ours.” Kyungsoo calmly said.

 

 

 

 

 

 

The bell finally rings indicating the end of the class. Kris takes his sweet time stuffing his things inside his back pack.

 

 

“Kris, are you going to join us later? We’re going to crash Kai’s place. The dude has the latest video game, you on?” Luhan asked as he packed his books.

 

 

“Yeah. I’ll just head home first then I’ll go in Kai’s place.”

 

 

Luhan beam, obviously pleasant by Kris’ reply. “Cool! See you then!”

 

 

Kris quietly makes his way to the school’s hallway, but he found himself standing outside the music room. He turned the knob and step inside the music room until he finally stops in front of the musical instrument that he became fond of even without any idea how to play with it properly. Kris took a sit and press a key, a smile came across his face when the memory of his first meeting with her came flashing back making him feel nostalgic.

 

 

 

 

Flashback

 

Kris was making his way to the hallway when his ears pick

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter