My Happy Moment

Empty Space

Seungcheol was there, like every Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday since that day, waiting for him to come. He was staring blankly at that same lake, whose limpid water was so familiar, he was breathing the same fresh and clean air, that was nothing without his air. He was sitting alone in the same place, that was nothing without his voice, his arms, his hugs. Why didn't he ask him what was going on, why didn't he ask him more, he should have insisted, he should have worried, maybe his light would have been still there.

He was thinking about their moments together, about how comfortable and complete they felt with each other. It seemed like he was still there, like nothing changed, Seungcheol could hear his cute laughs and feel his hair on the crook of his neck.

He cried. Tears were silently falling down his cheeks. He wasn't saying a word, but his loud, sorrowful thoughts were enough.

 


 

The bright light of a sunny morning shone in their bedroom, keeping it warm and casting the sun rays on them. He woke up with a beautiful, calm sensation and two delicate hands around his chest. A smooth chin was softly resting in the crook of his neck, and long hair were sending shivers down his spine. The body next to him nuzzled closer, placing a sweet kiss on his neck and whispering on his ear.

"Good morning honey"

"Good morning angel" Seungcheol turned and cupped the other's face with both of his hands, in the most gentle way possible, as if he was afraid to hurt him, because he wast the most precious diamond in the whole universe. And then he kissed him, a chaste, soft kiss, where he put all his love.

"Someone slept well here" Said his angel smiling on his lips and letting out a cute laugh.

"If it's with you, I'll always sleep well" Another quick kiss.

"I adore your romantic side"

"I adore you" Seungcheol buried his hands on the other's hair, looking straight into his perfect eyes with a loving expression.

"I love you".

 


 

He was enjoying the clean and fresh air and the limpid water of the lake, when he felt a hand tapping on his shoulder.

"Hello, is this place free?" An handsome boy with two shining eyes, a bright smile and long, apparently soft hair was indicating the spot next to Seungcheol.

"Yes, I guess" He stared at the other, at his movements, at his face, at his lips.

"A beautiful view, right?" He was gazing at the landscape.

"What? Oh yes, I guess" He couldn't stop looking at him.

"Do you come here often?" His eyes were still on the lake.

"Yes, I guess" His eyes were still on the boy.

"I've never seen you here"

"Me neither" What was so special about him? He had something, like a new, positive, attractive and sweet feeling was surrounding him.

"I come here every Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday, since I have more time"

"I come whenever I need to breathe"

The other turned to look at Seungcheol. And he was overwhelmed.

"I hope you'll need to breathe this Thursday then" An amused giggle escaped his pink lips.

"I'm Yoon Junghan, your name?" He held out his hand.

"Choi Seungcheol" He grabbed and shook it gently.

He realised he wasn't breathing the fresh air anymore, Junghan's scent was now his air.

"So, do I have to assume that I'll see you again?"

A brief moment of silent smiles.

"Yes, I guess".

 


 

The warm sunlight shone in his bedroom, but it wasn't enough to warm him up. The weather was really nice, there were no clouds in the sky, but the rays full of sorrow couldn't remove that empty and heavy feeling from his heart. He opens his eyes and the bright light hurts his sleepy eyes.

He looks at the empty space next to him. Another day without you. He puts a hand in that space that once belonged to his sunshine, trying to image him there, trying to caress his head once again. How am I going to deal with you not being here? I don't even know how I can wake up alone everyday, knowing I won't see you. He grabbed the bed sheets and held tightly onto them. Never again.

Seungcheol takes his pillow and buries his head in it. Your scent is still here, but I'm afraid it will fade away one day. I can't let memories disappear, I can't let you disappear. He sobs without realizing it. Maybe I just haven't accepted that. Suddenly the room became too hot, even his face and his cheeks were sweating. Maybe I won't ever realise that you're not going to come back. His scent on the pillow is now mixed up with tears. I know you didn't want to leave me Junghan.

 


 

It was a humid afternoon, but it couldn't stop them from going to their place.

The grass was a bit cold and the lake was really dark, probably because of the absence of the sun. It didn't matter, they were there, sitting in the same place like every Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday, enjoying the view and the tranquillity, talking with each other about their day, laughing together, or just hugging while resting and breathing. Seungcheol taught that to Junghan, he just had to close his eyes, imagine the most happy and peaceful thing or moment, and breathe out, letting all the sadness, pain and stress go away, while the older used to rub his back. Junghan adored Seungcheol's hands. They were a bit rough, just a bit, but that was what made them perfect, perfect to hold, perfect to play with.

"What's your happy moment?"

"Why are you so curious?" Junghan smiled playfully at the other.

"It's just that... I always see you with a sweet smile on your lips, and I wonder why" He touches lightly his pink lips.

"You really want to know?" He takes his hyung's hand and kisses it.

"Of course"

"You are my happy moment. Our mornings together, our time spent here. That's why I smile. And I won't ever be thankful enough, because I found my happiness here, with you".

Seungcheol pecked his mouth and placed a hand on his back, making him lay down, while putting the other on his chest before kissing him deeply, muttering "You don't know how happy you actually make me", and something else he couldn't fully understand, but it sounded like "I would like to be able to love you even more than this".

Junghan had to admit it, the grass was very cold.

 


 

He was waiting on the sofa, looking at something on his phone. The rain was covering the streets, it was winter after all. It would have been beautiful if it snowed, he could already imagine running and playing around with his boyfriend, throwing snow at each other, or staying inside watching a film or cuddling under a warm blanket together, while white flakes covered the trees. But for now, they had to wait. They cuddled every night under their warm blanket anyways, actually. Seungcheol smiled. Everything was so beautiful, of course life wasn't always easy, but they had each other, after a difficult day they came home and found all the love they needed. Nothing was ever going to separate them. Nothing.

His phone rang. It was Junghan.

"Choi Seungcheol?" This wasn't Junghan's voice, why did this person know his name, why did he have his phone, why did he sound so angry, what was happening? Where was his Junghan? He had to hear his voice.

"Who's there?" He tried to stay calm, but his voice trembled.

"You don't have to know, it doesn't matter. But your little pure angel here asked us to call this number before doing anything, he had to say something to you, and you better listen because you won't hear anything more from his little cute mouth".

His heart started beating so fast that he thought it was going to explode. But instead, his head exploded, and he wasn't able to inhale air anymore.

"NO, NO! What do you mean? Where's Junghan? What did you do?! Who are you? Don't you dare touching him! Junghan I'm going to find you, I'll protect you" He already had his coat on and was sweating while almost screaming on the phone.

"W-what's happening? I want to talk to him! I need to know he's okay, please don't hurt him, I-I'll do anything but please-" He was cut off by a familiar, but worn out and nervous voice before he could completely tear up.

"Seungcheol? Seungcheol I'm here, I'm here please don't cry. You'll be okay, everything will be alright, I promise. You're strong, I know that" He was containing his tears, the older could hear that from his voice, which was rarely like that. And everytime it was he was there to comfort him, to hug him. Now he didn't even know where he was, nor what was going on. But what terrified even more Seungcheol was the fear and the worry in the other's words.

"Junghan? Junghan! Are you okay? Why did they do this to you?! I'm not strong without you, honey. What do I have to do to save you? I'll do anything, I love you Junghan" He was crying now.

"It's not your fault, you'll always be my happy moment, my everything, don't forget that!" There were strange sounds on the other end of the phone.

"What's going on? Junghan please stop saying these things, you'll see me again. You'll see me again" He couldn't control his voice anymore. Junghan was his whole life.

"We said one minute and a half and it has already passed!" The sounds became stronger, together with Junghan's screams.

"Please, no! Wait a minute, just a minute!"

"Junghan! Junghan what are they doing? DON'T TOUCH HIM!" He was near to have an heart attack. If they took away his angel, he was going to die.

"I LOVE YOU SEUNGCH-"

BANG. A shot. The phone call ended.

Seungcheol ran out of his house, without knowing where he was going, the phone still in his hands, the rain wetting his clothes, adding to his tears.

 


 

"Today I'll come home a bit later, I have to do something for my family".

They were having breakfast together, their eyes still a bit sleepy, and the grey weather wasn't helping them. But Junghan's smile was always able to light up his day.

"What? If you need anything you can ask me, you know. I'm here"

"No don't worry it's nothing, and I have to do that alone"

"Are you sure? Can I trust you?" Seungcheol asked touching gently his nose with his index.

"Of course you can" But this time his smile was different, his eyes were far away, as if there was something really sad in his mind.

Seungcheol stared at him, and he didn't know why but he felt so proud of his angel, his Junghan. He looked so strong, yet fragile, like the most beautiful butterfly. Does he really have to believe that everything's alright? He will always trust him, but...

"Okay then" He pinched softly his right cheek, smiling cutely.

"If you said I can, I will"

"Whatever you're trying to do with your irresistible aegyo, stop, it's not gonna work" He shook his head lightly, making that sad thought disappear.

"Is this a challenge?" Seungcheol smirked. And Junghan's jaw dropped.

"No, ABSOLUTELY NOT! Who said that?" His false surprised face was priceless.

"Well, I accept that"

"What does this mean?" He raised an eyebrow.

"You know I love when you do that"

"Do what?"

Seungcheol put his thumb on Junghan's eyebrow.

"This." He delicately moved to the corner of his eye, to his cheek, his nose, until he reached his lips. He traced them with his finger. Junghan slowly opened his mouth, watching the other's moves. And that expression was back. Seungcheol couldn't stand it, it didn't suit his boyfriend. He was meant to be happy.

"But this is my favorite part" He stood up, reaching for the only kiss he'll ever dream of. He stopped, just a millimeter was separating them, he brushed his lips against Junghan's.

"I won" Another slight smirk.

"You're an idiot" Junghan chuckled and pulled him into a strong, passionate kiss, as if it was their last one and he had to cherish it forever.

Seungcheol went to the other side of the table and picked him up princess style, while Junghan locked his arms around his neck.

"Yes I am".

They went in their bedroom, and the older almost threw his boyfriend on the bed.

"I guess we can go to work a bit later"

"I guess so too" Smiles Junghan, grabbing the other's hand and pulling him into another sweet kiss.

I'll miss this. So much.

 


 

Seungcheol was there, like every Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday since that day, waiting for him to come. He was staring blankly at that same lake, whose limpid water was so familiar, he was breathing the same fresh and clean air, that was nothing without his air. He was sitting alone in the same place, that was nothing without his voicehis armshis hugs. What was he doing? He didn't even know anymore. Every day passed just like that, he didn't care, because every day was a day without Junghan, so it wasn't worth living.

He was thinking about all the times they woke up together, all the times they laughed together, but even the moments when they cried on each other's shoulder. He was thinking about Junghan's teasing eyebrow, about his angelic smile, about the amazing sensation he felt in his whole heart when he could see it.

Now he was alone, with a broken, unfixable heart, and his Junghan wasn't there anymore. But he deserved the world, he deserved to be happy. He was too perfect, too beautiful, and it's just his fault if the younger suffered because he should have worried more, he shouldn't have believed his words, he should have protected him. Sungcheol lost the only person he'll ever miss and love this much. And he felt so selfish, only thinking about his own pain, but he couldn't help.

He would have never been thankful enough to this boy, because he was able to understand what love is, but at what price? He'll never regret anything, he'll never forget anything, he'll keep every memory, every kiss, every smile, every touch.

All he wanted was to go back in time, to have him back, to start everything again. He couldn't, he just could-

 

 

Someone tapped on his shoulder.

"Hello, is this place free?"

He turned with an expression words can't describe. An handsome boy with two shining eyes, a bright smile and long, soft hair was indicating the spot next to Seungcheol. A familiar scent surrounded him. Tears began to form at the corners of his eyes.

"I'm Yoon Junghan, your name?" He held out his hand, sorrow and relief mixed up in his eyes.

Seungcheol breathed out. He felt his heart becoming lighter and lighter. A tear fell.

"Where were you?" He whispered before taking his hand and pulling him into a hug he didn't know how to live without. He held him tight, almost shaking, doing his best not to tear up.

"I promised you" Junghan wrapped his arms around his chest. "I knew you were strong".

"I missed you so much I though I could go insane" Seungcheol faced the person he loves the most, taking his face in his hands. He missed his skin.

Junghan was crying. He missed his hands.

"Tell me this isn't a dream, tell me you're really here and you'll never go away again"

"I'm here Seungcheol, and I'll never leave you" Junghan kissed him.

It was a trembling, wet, deep kiss he had waited for too long. He bit Seungcheol's lower lip, then he got separated from the other. His eyes were red, but he could read happiness in them. Finally.

Junghan laughed trough the sobs and wiped away Seungcheol's tears.

"What happened there? Why did they take you away? Did they hurt you? God, I... I thought you were dead"

"My life and my family have never been easy to understand, so I don't want it to weigh on you, since it's not important anymore. Now everything's alright, I'm okay, and I'll be with you, forever. I swear."

It didn't matter how many secrets he could have hidden, he would have always been Seungcheol's angel.

"I love you" He muttered and made Junghan lay on the ground before kissing him, this time a bit more strongly, caressing with one hand his hair, his shoulder, his chest.

"And I can't live without my happy moment".

 

Junghan couldn't deny it, the grass was definitely very cold.