Chapter 8

One Night...And Forever

Jong-hyun walked Eun-ha to her room, loathe to let her go just yet. He still wanted to talk to her for a while but it was getting really late. 

"Good night." He said when they got to her room. 

"Good night Oppa, see you in the morning." She replied.

She opened the door and saw Joon-seo and Shin-hye cuddled up in bed. 

"I think we shouldn't disturb them." Jong-hyun said over her shoulder. 

"Where am I supposed to sleep now?" Eun-ha wondered out loud.

"In my room." He replied and Eun-ha raised her eyebrow at him. "Don't worry, I won't eat you up. You can sleep in Joon-seo's bed." He smiled at her.

Eun-ha sighed and headed toward the boys' room. She went in and sat on the sofa. Jong-hyun came in and sat on the bed.

"Oppa, do you want me to help you with your script? When I was in high school, I was part of the theater group." Eun-ha said.

"Really?" He said and she nodded. She came over to his side and sat next to him on the bed so she could see the script properly. "From here." Jong-hyun said, pointing at the line he wanted her to start reading from.

"'I can't do this by myself anymore, he won't leave me alone.'" Eun-ha read.

"Why didn't you tell me? Did you think I'd abandon you just because of this?'" Jong-hyun replied.

"'It was a mistake, I'm very sorry.' Oppa, this is a little uncomfortable." Eun-ha said. The bed was a little small and because they were sitting so close to each other, she was getting flustered. She got off Jong-hyun's bed and went over to Joon-seo's bed. The two beds were separated by a small bedside cabinet.

Jong-hyun set the script aside and turned to face her. "Eun-ha, why are you still uncomfortable with me, don't you trust me?" He sounded a little hurt.

"It's not Oppa I don't trust, it's me I don't trust." She said quickly, trying to quiet his concerns but she realized what she said when Jong-hyun raised an eyebrow at her. "Did I just say that out loud? Oppa, I like you a lot. I was with my ex-boyfriend for 6 years and I didn't feel anything close to what I felt with you in just a few weeks. I'm a little scared that I can be this into somebody." 

Jong-hyun wanted, so much, to take her into his arms but he picked up his pillow instead and hugged it. "Eun-ha, you cannot be afraid to love somebody just because there's a possibility you'll get hurt. I can't promise you forever, but I can promise that wherever this takes us, I'll stand by you no matter what." 

Eun-ha thought about it for a moment and got off the bed to give Jong-hyun a hug. "Thank you, I'll do my best too. I won't let my fear get in the way."

Jong-hyun set aside the pillow and hugged her back properly. "Eun-haya, I think you should go to bed now or I won't let you go." He said after a few moments of holding her.

She pulled apart from him quickly and smiled. "Goodnight again Oppa." She climbed into Joon-seo's bed and turned the light off.

Jong-hyun laid down and his side to look at her direction in the dark, "Goodnight." He whispered back.

 

Shin-hye slowly opened her eyes and sat up. Her body didn't ache as much as it did the day before and she didn't have such a splitting headache. She turned to her side and saw Joon-seo stretched out beside her. He was laying on his side, one hand tucked underneath his cheek. She smiled and pressed a finger against his forehead and he opened his eyes.

"Good morning." He said with a smile.

"Good morning." She replied.

"Are you feeling much better?" He asked, rising and putting a hand to her forehead to check her temperature. "Your fever broke. Any aches?"

"I'm fine. I'm feeling much better today thank you." She replied.

"Oh thank goodness, I thought you were going to be sick the entire time we were here. I feel so bad that you got a fever because I made you stand out in the cold yesterday."

"I'm fine now, that's all that matters." She replied.

"Go ahead and clean up if you want, I need to go and get ready for today. I have a lot planned." He said, getting out of bed.

Shin-hye's eyes followed him as he pulled on his shoes and headed for the door. "You're leaving like that?" She asked.

"Did you need anything else?" He asked.

She turned her cheek and poked it with her finger. He came back and placed a kiss on her cheek. "I'll see you in an hour." She said and waved at him as he left. When he was gone, she dropped back to the pillow and sighed. "I think I'm in love."

Joon-seo walked into their room and saw that Jong-hyun's bed was empty but there was someone in his own bed. He moved closer and noticed that it was Eun-ha. He gently shook her and she woke up. "Good morning." He said.

"Ah, good morning Joon-seossi. How is my sister?" She said, stifling a yawn.

"She's a lot better now. We will be going to breakfast in about an hour, so you should go and get ready." He said.

Eun-ha climbed out of bed and slipped on her shoes. "Ah yes. I should leave since you'd want to clean up and get changed. Thank you for looking after Shin-hye."

"No, it was my fault she got sick in the first place. I'll see you in an hour?"

"Of course." She said and he walked into the bathroom while she went to her room to get ready.

An hour later, they were all ready and sitting in the hotel restaurant, having breakfast. After breakfast, they rented some skis and went skiing. Eun-ha skiied like a pro but Shin-hye wasn't very good, so Joon-seo had to teach her. The two couples had a lot of fun on the slopes and went to lunch afterwards. Later that night, Shin-hye sat on the terrace, enjoying the night air while her sister slept in the room. Just then, there was a knock on the door and she went to see it who it was.

"Hi." Joon-seo said when she pulled it open.

"Why aren't you sleeping?" She asked.

"Nothing. What about you? You're still recovering." He replied.

"Just enjoying the night air on the terrace. Want to come in?"

"Won't your sister mind?"

Shin-hye waved away his concern and beckoned him in. "She's sleeping anyway." She led him to the terrace and he sat down. "Hang on, I'll make you a warm cup of cocoa." She picked up the now empty cup she was drinking and went to the kitchenette in the room. She made him a cup and poured herself another one and then returned to the terrace.

"Thank you." He said.

"I had fun today. I was really worried I wouldn't be able to since I was so sick yesterday." Shin-hye smiled.

"I'm glad you did. Shin-hyeya, there's something I need to tell you." He said, setting the cup on the floor and turning to her.

"What is it?" She asked.

"This past few weeks have been some of the happiest moments of my life. I never thought it was possible to feel this way about someone. Yesterday when you were sick, I realized how much I didn't want you to hurt. I want to always protect you and take care of you, even if you have a little cold it makes my heart hurt. I like you a lot. No, I think the proper word is I love you." 

Shin-hye stared at him for a few moments and dissolved into a fit of giggles. "You know, just this morning, I was thinking to myself how cute you are. Sometimes, you remind me of a little child and I'm the one who gets the feeling of wanting to protect you." She said in between giggles. She placed her hands on either side of his face and pulled it close. "You got lucky." She said and kissed him.