Demon World

The Others

 

"What the hell do you think you’re doing?" Said the voice. Tania turned around to see a blonde handsome man staring warily at her. Tania blinked once before she realized he was holding onto her shoulders. She stepped away from him.

"Wh...Who are you?" She asked him. He ignored her.

"You’re one of them aren't you?" He asked. Tania furrowed her eyebrows confused.

"What do you mean by that?" She asked. The guy just rolled his eyes and asked.

"How did you get here? You don’t belong here." He said Tania stepped back away from him. This man is acting strange. She thought.

"Why are you saying that?" She asked.

"Those trees will kill you." He said still ignoring her questions.

"Stop ignoring my questions and answer me!" Snapped Tania annoyed. What did he say those trees would do? The man just scoffed.

"You’re in the demon world." He said. Tania looked at him like he grew a new head. Tania shook her head in disbelief. She needed to get away from him. He was mad. But then again the trees the ground the sky didn’t make sense. She was starting to get a headache. "Okay you need to get out of here." He said while trying to grab Tania’s wrist.

She flinched away, but he moved forward grabbed her and pulled her with him walking down the road. Tania walked 3 steps before pulling back, the man still held tightly.

"Stop. Let me go, I don’t know who you are. Help! Help! This man is trying to kidnap me!" She started to squeal. The man looked around alarmed and muttered something. Suddenly Tania couldn’t scream anymore, she couldn’t speak. She looked at the man in shock who was looking at her warily and with a bit of guilt. What the hell did he do to me? Panicked Tania in her head. She still tried to make a few words but nothing was coming out of her. She looked up at the man with a pleading look. Please let me go. I swear to god if I get out of here alive I will be nice to everyone, donate to charity and do my homework without complaining. The man talked suddenly stopping her mid self-remorse.     

“If I lift the spell, will you not shout and tell me calmly how you got here?” he asked. Tania nodded. Yes. “Okay.” He said waving his hand and Tania felt pressure from her lips lift. What the hell are these people? She thought in her head but snapped out of it when she realized he was waiting for her to say something.

“I was following the man that took my friend.” She said. The man furrowed his eyebrows.

“A man took your friend? How did you get here to the Demon World?” he asked. Tania looked around her surroundings.

“I don’t know, the man stepped on a marble tomb and disappeared so I did exactly what he did and it brought me here.” She said. The blonde haired man let out a long sigh.

“Okay, you are not allowed to be here. If you are found by another demon then they will definitely report you to the chief and then he will order to get rid of you.” He said seriously.

“What? Send me back?” she asked. The blonde man shook her head.

“Humans that enter the demon world need to have their mind erased and erasing a humans mind takes a lot of effort and time. The chief is not patient enough to erase your mind. He would just kill you, as a human that dies in the demon world is automatically erased from the memories of the human world. In short they won’t even remember you existed.” He explained. Tania’s eyes widened in fear.

“No, please that can’t happen. Please I just want to find my friend and leave this place.” Said Tania. The blonde man didn’t say anything but seemed to thinking something.

“…I won’t report you. I know a way to send you back, well I know someone. The problem is your friend. If the demon that took her is found with her then he will be sentenced to prison and she will be killed. He said. Tania started to feel her vision become blurry. No! Her friend can’t be killed. Before she can stop herself she was crying. The blonde man moved a step back confused on what he should do. “…Um, I…can…try to get your friend back.” He suggested. Tania looked up suddenly interested. “If you tell me what they look like then I can use my locator to find them.” He explained. Tania nodded in understanding.

“Well for starters he had red-hair, he was attractive with a sharp jawline. He was also wearing a leather attire.” Tania listed remembering what the guy looked like when she saw him in the graveyard. The man seemed to have stiffened a bit.

“…D…Did you say red hair?” It can’t be him. There must be millions of demons that have that type of hair. But it seems like…the description and everything fit. He got out his locator, it looked like a light blue flat stone with a white jewel in the middle. He let it go and the stone started to float in the middle of the air between them. They watched as the stone projected a soft light and the light started to rapidly flick through different people. Can’t be he thought and stopped at the face that he hoped to Hades was not the one.

“Yeah! That’s him!” said Tania excitedly. The stone was amazing, wish we had something like that in our world. She glanced at the man to see that he had a very flat expression on his face. “What’s wrong?” She asked him. The man closed his eyes and let out a very long breath.

“, of course he would do something like that.” He said to himself annoyed.

“What…you know this guy?” she asked. The man nodded slowly.

“He’s the ‘someone’ that was your ticket out of here…and he is also the chief’s son.” He said. Tania felt her blood run cold.

“H...He is not going to give Jess to the chief is he?” she asked shakily. She let out a relieved sigh when she saw the guy shake his head.

“Your friend…Jess? Jess is your friend? As in that Jess?” He asked flustered. Tania frowned at him.

“What do you mean? Do you know this guy? Do you know Jess?” she asked rapid fire. The man ran a hand through his hair frustrated. Ugh...This just got complicated He thought in his head.

“Okay, look…it’s a long story. I will explain everything to you and answer any your questions but not here. Another demon may figure out that you’re not one…Do you trust me?” he asked suddenly.

“No.” said Tania honestly.

“Well, I am sorry but you have no choice but to…and trust me when I say that your friend Jess is the safest with Jiyong at the moment.” He said reassuringly. Tania frowned.

“Jiyong? Is that his name? So you do know him!” she exclaimed. The man nodded and he took a glance around them. Tania looked around too, she didn’t see anyone but she did see that the demon world was a much more beautiful place than the human world. She felt someone tug on her arm suddenly.

“I told you I will tell you but we need to get out of here first.” He said while pulling her. Tania didn’t struggle out of his hold this time.

“Where are you taking me? Is it far?” She asked. The man glanced at her with raised eyebrows. “Okay fine can I at least know your name?” She asked, wondering if finally she can stop referring him as the blonde man in her head now.  He looked at her for what felt like 3 seconds then said.

“Seyong. My name is Seyong.” He said.

“Where are you taking me, at least tell me that?” she asked.

“My house. We need to get you out of those clothes.” He said. Tania looked at him with wide eyes.

“What?” She asked shocked pulling back. Seyong put his hands up.

"Not in that way. It’s just your clothes reek of the air of the human realm. Anyone would be able to tell you’re a human. Or a demon obsessed with humans. Either way it’s bad for you." He explained. Tania nodded slowly.

"Okay fine." She said though she wasn’t uncomfortable with this. "I’m still confused about one thing." She said. Seyong didn’t look like he cared but she went ahead anyway. "You said this is the demon realm so does that make you a demon?" She asked. He nodded.

"Not what you thought a demon looked like right." He asked. Tania nodded. "Makes sense. The humans always represented us as orange or red skinned gremlins with horns. Made us a hundred times uglier than we actually were. A bunch of jealous humans made that rumor and it spread. Now everyone believes it. One of the reasons why demons hate humans so much." Said Seyong shaking his head.

They reached a see through booth. He entered into the booth door open waiting for Tania to get in, she entered cautiously. Blushing when she realized they were only a meter apart. He was quite handsome. He put a golden looking coin into a slot next to him and two silver coins came out. Tania realized their money was different. The guy pocketed the silver coin and waited. A white misty board came up like a hologram and floated between them. "Enter location" said a voice from somewhere. This was all so cool to Tania. The guy wrote Mynars Lane 2647 with his finger before pressing on the green button on the wall. "Thank you" said the voice. After two seconds the world outside started to spin but Tania didn’t feel dizzy.

She looked outside amazed, then suddenly it stopped spinning. It stopped in a very middle class looking neighborhood. The ones you’d find in the rich areas of London. She looked at Seyong to realize he was looking at her with an amused smile. Tania blushed seeing him looking at her like that. "It’s fun seeing a human so interested in something new. You make cute expressions." He said. Tania scowled.

“I am not cute.” She huffed. He laughed, his laughter was really silvery and mesmerizing.

"The way you’re reacting to this booth is the equivalent so someone reacting in awe to those trains you have in your world." He laughed. Now that Tania thought about it, it did sound really weird. But she wasn’t going to admit that. He opened the door and made a hand gesture as in ladies first. At least the demon world had manners thought Tania before stepping out followed by the guy.

Tania paused outside of the booth waiting for Seyong to step out next to her. "So which way's your house?" asked Tania.

"Follow me", replied Seyong, who then began walking towards an expensive looking three storey detached home, which had grey bricks, with a roof and a chimney which looked like it was made from slates, which was perfectly matched with a bright white garage on the left side of the home and a perfectly mown green lawn and bushes arranged together. They both walked into the stone path way, till they reached the front door of the house. Seyong pushed open the door without unlocking it and it swung open.

“Do you not lock your doors? In case thieves come?” asked Tania. Seyong looked at Tania confused but his expression changed to understanding after a bit.

“It was locked. The door doesn’t open for anyone else except for the people that live here.” He explained. He closed the door and gestured to Tania to open it. Tania looked at the door handle and touched it, she pulled away as the handle felt like she was touching boiling hot metal. “Didn’t think that it would have worked on a human but seems like it does.” Said Seyong amused. Tania gave him a glare.

“You should have said that it hurts.” She said blowing on her hand. Seyong shook his head while letting out a low chuckle and opened the door again for them, but this time entering it with Tania behind him. The door automatically closed behind them. Cool thought Tania. She looked around. They appeared to be in a hallway with a light washed but rich looking interior because of the expensive looking chandeliers, mirrors, goblets and paintings.

"By the way just to let you know, I'm not the only one who lives here, a friend lives here too" Said Seyong "So we’re going to have to be quiet when you go upstairs since we don’t want to disturb him…I think he has his girlfriend over.” the man added following after with a flushed face and an abrupt cough, looking at the ground. Tania blushed too when she realized what he was implying. “And make sure that he doesn’t know about you. Ever. I don’t know how he will react and what he will do. I don’t think he is the type to report but it’s better to be safe than sorry.” Seyong warned. Tania nodded in understanding. 

They both walked upstairs in silence, all the doors were open apart from one, which Tania presumed was the one the roommate guy was in. The man led her into one of the open rooms. She didn’t expect to see the room in front of her.  It was a simple minimalist room with emerald green marble like walls and a floating white bed in the middle. The room was lit but Tania couldn’t see the source of the light.

“Is this your room?” She asked Seyong. He nodded. I expected it to be vintage not modern to match the rest of the house. She thought in her head.

“You’re probably thinking why it’s so different to the rest of the house.” He said voicing her thoughts. She nodded. “It changes depending on what mood I am in. For example-.” The room started to change color suddenly the minimalistic room changed into a vintage pink palace. Tania’s mouth fell open in astonishment. It was so beautiful. She was so impressed with everything in the demon world. They really were not as bad as she was brought up to believe. It was just a much better parallel universe. She could understand why humans were so jealous. The room changed back into the minimalistic room and she looked at Seyong impressed.

After a few seconds a top and bottom suddenly appeared in his hand. Tania looked at the trousers just by looking at them she can tell they weren’t going to fit her. Seyong held it up and compared the clothes to her. He shook his head. "Even my smallest outfit is not going to fit you. Hold on one second." He said before leaving the room, Tania waited for him to return while looking around the room. She wondered where he made those clothes appear from she couldn’t see a wardrobe anywhere. She went back to her spot when Seyong walked through the door with what looked like women clothing. He handed it to her. She held it up. It was a mid-length cream lace sleeveless dress.  

"It’s really pretty, where did you get this from?" Then a thought came to her. "Is it your friend's girlfriend’s? Or do you have a girlfriend or a sister?" She asked. She hoped it wasn't the first one

"No don't worry it isn't and I don't have a girlfriend or a sister." he said. Tania relaxed but wondered where the hell he got the dress from, but she just brushed it off assuming it’s another one of those demon world things and draped the dress on her arms while looking at Seyong expectantly. He looked at her for a while and then realized that she was waiting for him to leave. He left the room quickly and closed the door behind him. He was waiting outside for her to change. It felt weird to have a girl change in his room after so long. He remembered that he needed to get new shoes for her. He went to get them.

It felt so weird for Tania to be changing her clothes in a stranger's house. A stranger boy's house. A stranger demon boy's house. The whole day was giving Tania a headache and she still had no idea where her friend Jess was and how she was doing, but Tania convinced herself to try and trust Seyong for now. He didn’t do anything to hurt her yet and she hoped to god that Seyong was right about Jess being safe with this Jiyong. Though she didn’t believe it she just had no choice but to hope. She finished dressing and folded her clothes. She went to the door to knock to tell Seyong he could come back in. As she knocked the door opened and Seyong slipped in. He looked at her, he seemed to freeze for a moment but it was short. Tania didn’t give it much thought she looked to see what he was holding. It was cute shoes to match the dress she was wearing. She was starting to feel really spoilt.

"Here wear these. You can’t walk around with your shoes. Give me your clothes and shoes so I can destroy it." Tania’s eyes widened.

"No you can’t do that. That’s my school uniform. My mum will kill me if you destroy that blazer." she said. Seyong looked at her amused.

"And if I don’t destroy it the chief will kill you and have me arrested." He said. He picked up her clothes and waited for her to give him her shoes. She reluctantly surrendered her shoes and watched as the clothes disappeared from his hands. She looked forlornly at his hands where her clothes were before when she remembered her bag, she didn’t have it on her. She groaned and smacked herself on herself on the forehead. Seyong looked at her like bemused.

"I lost my school bag. Did you see it on me when you first saw me?" she asked Seyong. He shook his head.

"There was no bag." He replied. Tania groaned.

"I must have left it in the graveyard. Oh no if it’s taken my teachers are going to kill me, my assignment was in that." she said. Seyong looked at Tania with an amused expression on his face. This girl just found out that demons exist, her friend is lost in the demon world somewhere and if she gets caught she would be killed. Yet she is worried about lost homework. Strange girl. He wondered if all humans were like this.

"Can I ask questions now?" she asked. Seyong nodded and motioned to sit down on the bed. Tania didn’t look comfortable with that so he gestured towards the chairs on the other side of the room. They walked and sat opposite each other. He nodded as in for her to ask the questions.

"Well for starters. How do you know Jess." she asked.

"I don’t know her personally...I just know her through Jiyong." he replied. Tania then asked quickly.

"How does he know Jess?" she asked. Seyong shrugged.

"I have no idea, he just talked about a girl called Jess that he was interested in. I had no idea that she was a human." He said. Tania frowned at that but Seyong looked like he wasn’t lying, but then again how can you tell when a demon was lying. She moved on.

"How do you know Jiyong?"

"He's...a friend." He said reluctantly. Tania gaped at him.

"So you know exactly where he is and how to get to him?" she asked. Seyong nodded. Tania smiled brightly. "Then it will be easy to find her and get out of here?" she asked. Her smile disappeared when she saw Seyong shake his head ‘no’.

"It is definitely not easy. If there is one thing I know about Jiyong is that he is stubborn. He always gets what he wants. Being the chief’s son and all makes it easier." Seyong explained.

"Who is this chief you keep on talking about?" asked Tania frustrated.

"Chief Yang is our leader. He controls the East of the Demon World. He has been the chief for 552 years now. Jiyong is his son and is the next heir. You can think of Chief like a monarchy from your world and Jiyong is the next king." Tania was mind blown. The man that kidnapped Jess was technically a prince, but she didn’t get one thing.

"Aren’t demons supposed to hate humans, why is Jiyong obsessed with them." again Seyong shrugged.

"I don’t know why or how he is interested in humans, but he started to look more into them about a few years ago. So it’s kind of a recent thing." said Seyong.

"Few years ago is recent?" asked Tania bewildered.

"Ah. Well the demon world's time is slower to the human world. You can be here for a few hours and it will feel years in the human world. So technically from the time I met you until now it would’ve been a couple of days already in the human world." he said. Everything was so strange and different in this world Tania was struggling to keep up with all this new information...couple of days she is technically missing. She didn’t want to even imagine what her and Jess's family state will be at the moment. Seyong let Tania absorb that information for a short while watching as many expressions flicked through her face.

"Is there a way to go back in time? If I go back now they will ask questions on why I was missing and I don’t know how to answer them." said Tania. Seyong frowned slightly.

"Truthfully, I don’t know personally, there may be I feel like I have read somewhere that it is possible. But the best option would be to ask Jiyong." said Seyong. Tania huffed a bit, everything went back to Jiyong.

"You said that I shouldn’t be in this world, then why is there a way to get here from the human world?" she asked.

"Well it’s not common knowledge, most demons would be taught that there is no way to get to the human world. Obviously didn’t stop some from trying, but I don’t need to explain what happens to those who did. Messengers and generals are sent to the human world to carry out certain tasks." he explained. There was a long pause till Tania asked.

"Okay, but what do these tasks usually involve though?"

"I don’t know what each individual task involves, that is confidential information, I was only ever sent on one and that was just to retrieve a package from the prime minister in London, UK...if I remember correctly there was a war going on in various countries in that time." He said trying to remember. Tania looked at Seyong flabbergasted.

"World War 2?" she asked disbelievingly. Seyong shook his head.

"World War 1, I’m sure it was called that. I was 12 at the time. I’m not that familiar with human history, Jiyong told me." he said.

"If you don’t mind me asking exactly how old are you?" asked Tania curiously.

"Human or Demon age?" he asked.

"Both?" asked Tania.

"I am 18 years old in the Demon World, 360 years old in human terms." Tania sat back gob smacked. This guy is old enough to be my great great great grandfather.

"Jeez well I’m only 17, that must be like a baby to you guys." said Tania. Seyong smiled.

"Well no one is going to ask your human age. That would be like another human asking you for your age in dog years. If they do just say you’re 340 but if you just say you’re 17 the demons will presume your talking about demon age." he said. Tania frowned.

"I’m older than my school building, 120." she said shaking her head, Seyong laughed at that. A thought struck her.

"Are you the only supernatural beings that exist? Like do werewolves, vampires, witches, mermaids that sort of thing exist as well?" she asked. Seyong leaned back at that.

"…Not…that I know of. I will have to ask Jiyong." he said slowly. Tania stood up suddenly, Seyong looked at her taken aback.  

"Jiyong seems to be the answer to everything. Let’s just go to him to sort everything out." said Tania. Seyong stood up too.

"I told you he is not going to listen...but I will take you to him if you insist." he finished seeing the expression on Tania’s face. “But before you leave, use this.” He said and a fancy bottle came up in his hand. “It’s perfume, we need to cover the smell of the earth world on you.” He explained. Tania nodded in understanding and took the bottle and sprayed herself. The perfume was really nice it smelt like floral woods, the only way Tania could explain the smell. Seyong took the bottle back and they left the room and started to make their way down when they stopped in seeing someone leaning leeringly at the door that was previously closed. It was a black haired man with big doey eyes. He looked at them both with raised eyebrows

Well what do we have here?" Asked the guy. He looked at Tania up and down with a smirking look. She definitely didn’t like this sleazy guy. "You never bring girl’s home. You’ve finally changed your square ways" said the guy. He looked at Tania and blew a kiss. Seyong shuffled uncomfortably behind her.

"It’s not like that. She’s just a friend of a friend’s friend." said Seyong confusing Tania a little. The guy scoffed.

"That’s a lot of friends. If you’re not dating then what is she doing here?" he asked, he also leaned a bit closer to Tania, Seyong pulled Tania back behind him. The man smirked. “And why does she smell like you, you don’t have to be embarrassed about anything Seyong. You know the best out of everyone that I don’t judge.” He said to Seyong still staring at Tania. Tania felt her face go red at what the guy was suggesting. This man or demon was seriously starting to creep Tania out.

“Just go back to Hyuna. She might be feeling lonely." Said Seyong. The guy glanced behind him and shrugged. "She can wait. She’s tired, if you know what I mean." Said the guy with a sneer on his face. Tania wrinkled her nose in disgust. This guy was so obnoxious, big headed and outright over confident. She really didn’t like him.

“Let me introduce myself, my name’s Tatsuya.”