Chapter 1: The Clumsy Angel

Return To Heaven


Chapter 1
The Clumsy Angel



Beyond the pellucid azure dome and clouds shifting steady and silent, high up were a spectrum of wings. With a form of a human, wings flattering on their backs as they pass back and forth in haste. They harbored different forms and colors of wings. Some had wings smaller than both their arms combined, majority had average sizes and some had wings bigger than themselves. While most wings sprouted behind backs, a few others have their wings uniquely placed on their lower waist.

“Angels, time is an essence. Flap those wings and get working!” A petite woman with blonde hair suddenly submerged out of the cloud-like doors, average-sized light blonde wings flapping behind her as she reminded all the angels of their tasks, “The human world is a busy world thus we must be busy with our own. Now fall in line in an orderly manner.”

“Yes, Ms. Taeyeon.” the younger angels bowed to their beautiful and dutiful superior before they scampered to do as she instructed. The elder angel nodded in approval before she turned to observe the newbies, “Are you all present?”

It was a ceremony. Angels have their own tasks in heaven. At the first stages where an angel was still young, these angels are given lessons in singing, taught good manners, and right conduct as well as forming good and obidient personalities and learning about the world and its people. During the second stage, they become assistants for the senior angels. Then they take over the tasks of the older angles, once they were trained enough, which consists of paperworks—yes, angels had paperworks. That is to keep record of every single delicate and significant life in earth.  

And at the last stage—the stage where every young angel is thrilled to be for they are finally given the chance to fully descened to earth. That is to be allowed to protect and be with the humans they loved so much. They would be given the roles of guardian angels where they guide their humans to the right path.

Of course, the hard thing about that is that they had enemies of their own. And those were the fiends that dwelled from beneath the earth and molten lavas, or commonly known as demons. But of course, they were trained for that.

Taeyeon, head of the angels, nodded with glee as she looked at the angels who were once her students. She felt happiness explode in her heart when her gazed traveled to study the faces of her juniors before she nodded at the gate master—the one who opens the gate for the seraphs.

The gate master, a male angel known by the name Luhan, waved his staff in the air and the golden gates opened, the light momentarily blinding the young inexperienced angels. It took them a moment to gradually adjust to the light before they saw five silhouettes entering the gates. When the figures were finally visible enough, a few of the younger angels gasped and squealed in awe when they saw the quintet.

“Isn’t that Ji-young-sunbaenim?” one of the angels whispered. A chorus of whispers were heard as they started admiring the five that had just arrived. However, with a word and a reprimanding look for Taeyeon, they all behaved. The blonde angel then turned her attention to the five that had just arrived and offered a smile, approaching the five as she hugged them one by one, “It’s nice to see you again. How was the human world?”

“Wonderful.” Replied one with a blonde hair, smiling widely, “The humans loved us in our reputation as Big Bang. We were also able to save a lot of humans with our music.”

“And words.” Continued another angel who nodded.

“That’s good to hear but then that’s expected from our top five best angels around here.” Taeyeon nodded in approval before she turned to the new angels with a smile, “Soon, one of you could probably as successful as your sunbaenims. Remember, treat humans well and don’t let yourself give in to temptations down there. Do what is always right and you shall be blessed.”

The angels all bowed in respect before they came forward one by one, scrolls in their hands that held records about the humans they’re supposed to guide. When Taeyeon finally gave a signal, they all flapped their wings and descended to earth on a mission to locate their respective humans.

With the youngsters gone, Taeyeon turned her pretty face to the five fully-mature and well-respected angels. They all had their unique colors. Their leader—Ji-young had an orange hair and a pair of small wings with a slightly lighter shade of the same color. He went by the name G-Dragon as a human. Beside him was a man with light blue hair and an even lighter huge pair of wings, his name was Seung-hyun but was known as TOP in the human world. Next was a man with pink hair but his wings were a darker shade than his hair color. This man was named Young-bae and his alias is Taeyang. Then a man with white hair and pure white wings was beside him, named Seung-ri. The last was a blonde angel with lighter wings and hair covering his other eye was named Daesung.

The five were the most successful angels and had the most number of lives saved. It’s not that life-saving is a competition to them but everyone admired the quintet. Even in their guise as humans, they were loved as a band called Big Bang. Taeyeon greeted them for a while, holding a brief conversation before Seung-hyun cuts her off.

“I’m delighted to speak with you, Ms. Taeyeon but if you don’t mind me asking.” The blue haired angel looked around, “Where’s my brother?”

“Your brother?” Taeyeon blinked as she tried to process before her eyes flickered in realization, “Oh, you mean Seokjin-ssi?”

Seung-hyun nodded. Well, the younger angel really wasn’t his brother but they were so close that they considered each other as one. But when Seung-hyun had been so busy with his life in the mortal world, he hadn’t seen the younger angel in a while. “I was wondering if I can see him for a moment before I return to the mortal world.”

“Oh, is that so? I think he’s probably in his station right now doing all those paperwork. He’s nineteen now, isn’t he? In just a year, he’ll become mature enough to be able to come down to earth.” Taeyeon smiled, “Aren’t you happy to hear that?”

“Yes. Yes, I am.” Seung-hyun grinned happily. He bid a short farewell to Taeyeon and his four other friends who went to greet their close friends as well. They only came here to get new books— every angel who came down are given two books; one empty and the other full of information. Those books are given to angels that have mission back in the mortal world. The other book, a color of black, is a guidebook. It gives you the information about the humans, their life, their problems, and almost everything about them. The empty book is customized. Angels get to choose the color and design for it. This book, however, is important because it gives you the list of good deeds that an angel has done for a human. 

The five men were admired to have done so many that they were currently in their seventh or eighth book. And that isn't easy. The first thing angels get on their first flight to the human world is just a scroll. When they do good in their tasks as a guardian angel—if their human grows up to be very good—they'll be rewarded with their first book and they will spend most of their time filling it up. 

Getting back to the matter at hand, Seung-hyun excused himself to find Seokjin. It didn't take him long though because he heard a crush and a familiar mantra of apology. 

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry." a wide-shouldered young angel with enormous bright wings bowed repeatedly at each apology. When he was finally forgiven, he stopped and stood straight but his wings successfully hit a pile of papers, making it fall to the ground. He frantically turned to pick them up but it led to his huge wings hitting the older angel that he had apologized to earlier and causing the man to fall. 

He gasped again and tried to help the elder up but he was shoved away. "Don't touch me, please." The last part was added only because they were all required to be polite, "Why don't you just behave or maybe just learn to control those gigantic wings of yours?"

"I'm sorry. I'm really sorry." the young angel apologized again, "My wings are just made to be very large. I'm so sorry. Let me help you pick these papers as an apology." 

"Don't do it, please. I'm fine by my own, thank you." The elder gritted his teeth, trying his best to stay patient. If only there weren't rules, it was as clear as daylight that he wanted to yell, "I'm okay. I can work on my own." I just don't want this clumsy young one to ruin the papers and cause more trouble again. the elder continued in his thoughts. 

The young angel looked crestfallen as he stared at the older angel pick up the papers. He was itching to help but he was ordered not to so he just awkwardly stood there, uncertain whether he should walk away or not. His questions were answered when the older angel grumbled for him to leave. And added a strained please afterward. He hastily turned around to leave but he hears another shriek, he glanced behind and he just wanted to hit himself so much. If only self-harm wasn't a sin. 

Apparently, the papers that the older angel had stacked was hit by his huge wings again. He's about to apologize again when he's suddenly yelled at. "How many times do I have to tell you to control those huge wings of yours? How are you so clumsy when the other angels who had larger wings than yours could do their work just fine? You should just—"

"I don't think you should be yelling at him like that, dear sir." Seung-hyun decided to disrupt the moment, tone gentle, "It's not appropriate to yell at someone when they don't obviously mean it." 

"Seung-hyun-sunbaenim?" The older angel is stupefied before he bows down repeatedly, "Forgive me, I didn't mean to be so rude. I—"

"It's okay." Seng-hyun smiled, "Everyone makes mistakes. In fact, you should be apologizing to Seokjin-ssi."

"I'm sorry Seokjin-ssi." the older angel apologized immediately, "I'm sorry for yelling at you." 

Seokjin was taken aback before he awkwardly smiled and said, "No, it's alright. It was my fault for not being careful in the first place." 

With that, the older angel returns to work and leaves the two. Seokjin looked up surprised, "I didn't know you were back, hyung."

"Well, now you know." the blue haired angel laughed before he briefly hugged the other, "I haven't seen you in a long time, my dongsaeng. You've grown taller, and look how wide your shoulders are. Your wings are surprisingly bigger now." 

"Yes," Seokjin said, head hung low as he bit his lips, "They've become more troublesome too." 

Seung-hyun patted his shoulder and asked him for a walk. They talked about several things, about Seung-hyun's life in the mortal world and Seokjin's progress up in the sky. They end up sitting near one of the fountains in Heaven's garden. Where there are other younger angels playing around and seraphs dating. 

"So are you dating anyone now?" Seung-hyun winked at him, teasing him lightly. 

"No, no one would want to be with me." Seokjin replied, smiling sadly, "I'm way too clumsy for their taste. Besides, I'm not interested."

"How come?"

"Your life down there sounds better, hyung. In here, I'm doing the same thing all over and over again, and yet I still can't get them right." Seokjin huffed, "If only I didn't have these wings—"

"Don't say it, Seokjin. Learn to appreciate what's given to you." Seung-hyun replied, "These wings you have is a gift. Don't think otherwise." 

"I know but they're just so big that I often knock things down. I even knocked down some sunbaenims and disrupt their work with it." the younger angel sighed, "Why can't I at least have average sized wings? Or even those small wings sound better. Or not to have any wings at all."

"Be careful what you wish for, Seokjin." the blue-winged angel said, "They might come true."

"Hopefully." Seokjin grumbled before he beamed at his hyung, "I'm turning twenty next year, hyung. I can finally come down to earth and meet some humans. I'm so excited!"

Seung-hun smiled before he ruffled the younger angel's hair. 

They laughed and talked with each other for a short period of time before Seung-hyun had to leave again. To head back to Earth. Seokjin was sad but he just smiled at his hyung before bidding a farewell and see you next time. However, Seung-hyun had an idea, "Why don't you come with me?"

"What?" Seokjin blinked in surprise.

"I don't mean that you come with me to Earth but I still have time before we leave." Seung-hyun smiled. "Maybe I could convince Luhan to allow you to pass through Heaven's gates."

"Really?" Seokjin's eyes shone with interest, "You're going to do that?"

"You always wanted to try what it was to fly outside the gates, right?' Seung-hyun smiled wider, "You could feel the clouds out there. It's really different from here you know. Unlike here where you could touch it, the clouds out there are vaporized water."

"How is that possible?" Seokjin blinked in curiosity, "Is there such cloud where you can't touch? Like you can't sit on them nor lay on them?"

"Well, the clouds outside are." Seung-hyun laughed, "Well, do you want to give it a try?"

Seokjin nodded enthusiastically. 
 


To say that Seokjin is struggling would be an understatement.

"Hyung, the wind is too strong." Seokjin flapped his extremely huge wings with as much force as he can muster. "I can't!"

"Just flap those large wings of yours!" Seung-hyun laughed, "Winds outside are stronger than the ones inside the gates. But just keep on flying, you'll get used to it."

"Hyung, I'm tired." Seokjin whined and he was about to lower himself on a cloud but the older angel stopped him with a hand on his arm, "Don't. You can't touch land on these clouds, remember?"

"Oh, right." Seokjin mumbled, "I forgot."

"As forgetful as always." Seunghyun smiled, "Go on, just spread your wings for a while before we go in. After all, you can't spread those beautiful wings of yours as much once you're inside the cramped spaces anymore, right? So enjoy it while you can!"

Seokjin nodded before he watched attentively of his brother-figure flying around gracefully with his magnificent pair of wings. He really admires him, not only is he good looking but he must be really strong to have enough strength to flap his wings against the strong winds. "I wanna grow up to be like hyung."

 I'm so tired and my back aches. The wind is too strong.

Seokjin thought with a sigh. He decided to lower himself on one of the clouds for a short rest. Just when he was about to land, he heard Seunghyun yell and suddenly he was soaked, feeling cold and falling?

Images of white and blue flashed through his eyes and he felt that he was falling fast. It was cold, he was soaking and he didn't know why. He was panicking but his mind was blank. He tried to open his wings and fly but all of a sudden his wings wouldn't function well and before he could think of anything else, he felt a strong impact, a brief but excruciating pain. His ears ringing before everything faded to black.


And that's the first chapter guys!!! Sorry for the long wait :< We were busy but the first chapted has been posted now. Sorry if you wanted to see Taehyung and Jungkook but this chapter tackles about Jin first and how he fell down to earth. The pace of this story is kinda slow cause the actual story's going to start in chapter 4. The next chapters; two and three will be individual chapters telling Taehyung and Jungkook's separate story before the actual plot. Again sorry for the wait and thank you for your patience.

We hope that you'll enjoy this story ^-^