two

Her Enthusiasm (HIATUS; will comeback after completing My Brother's Bestfriend!)

“Unnie, are you sure you can do this?” a little boy, looking around the age of six, with two gaps for his front teeth questioned the girl with auburn-brown hair and a cat-faced backpack. “It looks pretty dangerous.”

Song Na-Eun turned her head back a little and smiled at the boy. “Hey, don’t worry, I’m Song Na-Eun after all!” She patted and ruffled the boy's head, a worried expression painted on his face. “You do know who am I, right?”

“Yes!” The small boy and his squad of friends bellowed in unison. “Unnie is South Korea’s live saver!”

Meow. The boy squealed and jabbed at where the sound emitted from. A snowy white cat slowly peaked its head out from the drainage and meowed weakly. It limped as it came out into the sunlight to see the bright blue sky.

“Shh,” Na-Eun hushed the little boys, and slowly approached the injured cat, squatting beside the drain. “You’ll frighten it.” She reached her hand out, as if quietly signaling the cat that it was okay to come over to them. “Hey there, it’s okay, you can come out. These little kids are good people; you don’t have to be afraid.”

The cat slowly limped towards her direction, and she easily scooped the cat out of the narrow drain. When she finally managed to get the cat out, the little kids cheered happily and clapped, calling Na-Eun ‘the best’.

“Unnie, isn’t it time for your school to start?” a small girl with red glasses questioned her as she patted the white cat. “Today is the first class of the year too, right?”

Na-Eun nearly cursed as she took a swift glance at her watch. “I’m late! Guys, take care of the cat, alright? Unnie is going, okay?” With that, she ran the fastest she could, heading north towards her school's direction.

 

Seung-Cheol was napping contentedly when Teacher Nam was calling out the student’s name, now more than a couple of times. The incessant buzz was starting to annoy him. The weather was much too peaceful to be wasted on a class, so he decided a little nap time wouldn't hurt. He squinted his eyes open when he felt someone kicking his chair from his back.

“Would you stop?” He turned and faced Kim Min-Gyu with an angry glare.

Min-Gyu laughed boisterously and continued doing what he was doing, having more than enough fun by himself. “Ohhh. The cold hearted Choi Seung-Cheol knows how to get angry? What a sign to see.”

“And so? Is it fun seeing me angry?” Seung-Cheol rolled his eyes at Min-Gyu's childish behaviour. “Kid.”  He ignored Min-Gyu’s growingly angry face and went back to his nap. He could feel Min-Gyu kicking his chair more insistently, but he just let it be, too lazy to tell him off.

“I’m here!” Seung-Cheol woke up with a start when Min-Gyu kicked his chair particularly hard, almost having Seung-Cheol fall out of his chair. He was ready to curse at him with his extensively vibrant vocabulary, but halted his words when he saw where Min-Gyu was looking instead. Something had made the mighty Kim Min Gyu look startled and flustered.

Girl. He rolled his eyes again. With all his eye rolling, his eyes might just permanently stay there. Wait. Wasn’t she the one I saw earlier? He gave a quick once over at the auburn-brown haired girl and nodded to himself. Yep, she's the same one.

“Nice to meet you, I’m Song Na-Eun.”

“Song… Na-Eun?” Seung-Cheol repeated after softly, but quickly stopped himself as he had heard Min-Gyu muttering it too. Wow, this guy's attracted to a girl on the first day of school. Amazing.

”And you’ll be sitting…” Teacher Nam looked around the classroom for an empty seat. “Beside Choi Seung-Cheol? Is that alright with you?”

“It’s okay, Teacher,” the girl named Na-Eun kindly rejected Teacher Nam’s request, and Seung-Cheol found himself huffing a sigh of relief. He hated sitting with someone he barely knew, more so if it were girls. “I’ll be sitting beside Soon-Young.”  

Seung-Cheol turned to where the girl was heading, to find her sitting next to a blond haired guy. He knew that guy, Kwon Soon-Young. Soon-Young had always been the ladies’ men, for he had a soft spot for girls and called them cute weak beings. “That girl seriously has no taste in men, she chose a womanizer of all people. I guess girls these days like playboys, huh?”

“Hyung, are you talking to yourself?” Jeong-Han leaned back to speak to Seung-Cheol. “I keep hearing you mumbling. What happened? You usually don't talk in class.”

“I know right,” Seung-Cheol smiled to himself. “What’s wrong with me?”

 

“Song Na-Eun!” The blond guy with 10:10 eyes and round baby cheeks huffed. “Yah, how could you do this to me? How could you? Out of all the people I know, you shouldn't be doing this; you just wouldn’t!”

“What did she do, what did she do?” Lee Seok-Min, who preferred people calling him Dokyum or DK,  (because he thinks it sounded way cooler than his real name), animatedly exclaimed at Soon-Young’s statement. “Ahhhh hyung! Tell us! I’m dying from curiosity-”

Dokyum stopped his sentence abruptly when his best pal flicked his forehead. A tiny guy with pinkish hair smiled proudly at his abuse. He knew Dokyum was a busybody and always had the unnecessary tendency to poke his nose into other people’s business like it was his own. “Dokyum-ah, have you heard the phrase ‘curiosity kills a cat’? You nearly killed a cat!”

“I did not!” Dokyum defended Lee Ji-Hoon, (a,k.a Woozi’s) statement dramatically, gasping. “I was just being kind okay? I’m helping Hoshi-hyung solve hiscrisis, right hyung?” He stopped as he saw Soon-Young still glaring at Na-Eun intensely, a pout on his face. Na-Eun and Hoshi were the funniest childhood friends he had ever came across, hands down. They always somehow got into childish fights of sorts, over the littlest of things.

“Guys,” Hoshi turned to face Dokyum and Woozi with sad eyes. “I can assure you that this time, Na-Eun did something very bad to me!”

“Hoshi-ah, can you stop being a baby and explain yourself?” Na-Eun rolled her eyes at her childhood friend.

“Well, you know today’s the first day of school, right?” Hoshi chose his words carefully, to make his complaint sound more serious than what it actually was. “I was actually excited and so I waited for Na-Eun outside of her house so that we could walk to school together. I waited for more than half an hour, and guess what?” Dokyum and Woozi both shrugged. “Mrs Song told me she'd left for school with her brother! Even more so, she ended up reaching class later than me! This is a total torture to me, you know?”

Dokyum and Woozi both nodded their heads lazily to play along with Hoshi’s ridiculous complaint. They nearly laughed when Na-Eun took her thickest books, the Calculus textbook, and smacked Hoshi on the head, leaving him staring blankly.

“Yah, Kwon Soon-Young,” Na-Eun shook her head in disappointment and fake pity. “When will you ever grow up and behave your age? I bet you your future wife is going to have to train to be gangster-like to have to protect you!” Dokyum and Woozi couldn’t help themselves anymore and dissolved into laughter, the loud sound filling the atmosphere unrestrictively.

“Wah, Song Na-Eun,” Dokyum patted Na-Eun on her head, like a father would when he proudly praises his daughter. “You’ve gotten prettier.” He went back to his snickering, and Hoshi made a face like he was about to leak serious tears.

“Na-Eun-ah,” Na-Eun looked back to face the person who called out to her. She nearly lost her breath when she made out the person standing along the corridor, tilting his head to look at her. 

 

Seung-Cheol wanted to yell at the smiley-eyed guy, Dokyum, wanting him to keep his damn voice down. He stopped though, when he instead saw Kim Min-Gyu walking towards said gang. He couldn’t help but to see what Min-Gyu was trying to attempt.

“Na-Eun-ah,” he heard Min-Gyu calling out the girl’s name, as if he's known her for ages, his tone light. “Can we talk?” Wait. Was he trying to confess to a girl he just met on a couple hours ago?

“What if I said no?” the auburn-brown haired girl said without hesitation, and her statement made Min-Gyu look taken aback. “Hoshi-ah.” Immediately, the girl called up the blond haired guy’s name, and her guy gang started heaving themselves from their place to stand before Min-Gyu.

Are they filming a movie? What’s with all the serious looks? Seung-Cheol scoffed, and thought to himself that the students were being overly-dramatic.

“Hyung, let’s go.”

“Huh?” Seung-Cheol turned to see who was talking to him. “Go? Go where?”

Jeong-Han looked at Vernon, and the latter just shrugged and said nothing. “Hyung, why are you so out of your mind today? It's recess time. We’re heading to the cafeteria.”

“Oh,” Seung-Cheol kept his books and chastised himself to stay focused and not care about other people’s business. He's definitely been out of his mind lately. “I’m sorry; I’m coming.”

“Just leave me alone!” He nearly tripped over air, hearing the shout being projecting from the auburn-brown haired girl. “Please, just stay as far away as possible.”

The blond-haired guy eyed Min-Gyu even fiercer after hearing the girl's piercing scream. “Hey, off, man. I don’t care if you’re the principal’s only grandson but if I were you, I'd scramble to the end of the universe.”

“What’s going on here?” Seung-Cheol heard a passing girl whispering to her friend.

“Oh, haven’t you heard the rumors?” The girl’s friend murmured back. “Rumor has it that that girl over there once dated Kim Min-Gyu back in middle-school.”

“What? Really?”

Kim Min-Gyu and the auburn-brown haired girl dated before? Well that's a story to tell. Seung-Cheol leaned against the wall and smiled to himself.

 


AUTHOR'S BLABBER;
It's just that coincidentally I had time to write this chapter so, please...
Don't get your hopes up too much that I will update every two days or so.
I will update this story frequently but not daily, until my exams finishes this coming week.
Hope you guys liked this chapter as much as I do.
This story was supposed to be a rom-com but I dunno why I kept writing like its supposed to be a melodrama /sobs/
Feel free to give your feedback for this chapter, they're all welcomed!
If you want this story to have something special, fee free to give suggestions too!
Annyeong! :)