chapter 1

scattering apart

I winced irritated, as a loud knocking sound reached me from downstairs. I looked confused up and noticed, that it was already dark outside. It must have been hours since I layed down in this empty room... on this empty bed like I always did for the past few weeks... or has it been months? I slowly crawled out of the spacious bed, that no one used anymore, just to hear the loud impatient pounding downstairs again. My limbs cracked, as I stood up, after not moving for hours. With bare feet I stepped out of the white empty room and entered the corridor on the first floor. The pounding was getting nosier but there was no one beside me, who could hear it anymore. I walked down the stairs, like I was in some kind of Trance and leaned on to the cold front door before I turned the key inside of it's keyhole and unlatched the door finally. I opened just a little crack, to look who would be standing outside, pounding on my door and was almost scared to death. Dark distraught eyes looked through the small crack up to me and I instantly bursted the door open, when I realised who these eyes belonged to.
"Tae...hyun?" I asked quietly and eyed up the boy in front of me.
His clothing was dirty and stained with blood, on his face was pure horror and tears had left teir marks on his cheeks.
"I killed someone."
His words sounded monotonous and it seemed like he gazed into nothing.
"What are you talking about? What happened?" I asked, alarmed by his words.
"I...",he said slowly and his eyes were searching for mine, "I...help me, Hyung...I..."
His stuttered words weren't making any sense and it was obvious, that he wouldn't recover soon. Worried I grabbed his shoulder and dragged him inside. Befor I closed the front door, I glanzed outside and down the street to make sure, that none of my neighbours had seen us. I gently towed the distraught Taehyun to the spacious living room and pressed him down onto the sofa. He didn't struggle but kept mumbeling and stuttering on without any sense. I rushed to the kitchen and heated up water for some Tea, then I quickly went upstairs to my room and grabbed some clean clothes out of my closet. My gloomy thouths and the pain about my loss, wich I was carring with me for months, were quickly vanishing with the arrival of an almost forgotten and clearly distraught friend. Befor I rushed to the livingroom, I ran upstairs into the little bathroom and grabbed some clean Towels and a first aid kit out of the cupboard beside the Toilet. In my rush there tumbeled some other things out of the cupboard and spread on the floor, but I simply ignored them and was already rushing out of the bathroom.
"Can you get rid of your jaket?", I asked Taehyun friendly, as I was sitting down beside him.
First of all, I needed to find out where all that blood came from. The bright haird boy beside me removed  cautious his jaket and I observed him precisely meanwhile but I didn't noticed any wounds.
"Tae, I think you need to take of you Shirt too."
He looked up for the first time, as he heared his nickname and into my eyes.
"Jin?", he asked and his voice trembled. He sounded confused as if he did not know, why he was here and why I was sitting beside him.
"Yes, it's me", I calmed him with a soft voice and ran my hand over his back. He trembled. " I have here some clean clothes for you. Take of your shirt, than we can wash your clothes."
He nodded slowly and eventually pulled the fabric over his upper body and his head. With messy hair he accepted the clothes which I handed him after I asserted, that he wasn't hurt and that in conclusion the blood wasn't his own. I shuddered by the thought of his first words at the front door.
"Tae, you have to tell me what happened." I took his face in both of my hands and forced him to look at me. "Why is there blood on your clothes?"
He looked at me but his view floated consistently to distant places and he opened his mouth to say something, but nothing came. Slowly I was losing my patience.
"You have to talk to me if I should help you!", I snapped and shook him, but he still were sitting there complete motionless and silent. I ignored the catatonic state he was in and struk out to give him a strong slap in the face. He blinked and his right hand moved sowly to his cheek.
"Jin", he sighed and his eyes were getting clearer but with that the tear came also back. "Jin! I did something horrible!"
"Calm down, Tae!", I said surly. Apperently it wouldn't help to be friendly and considerate...at the moment. "Tell me exactly what happened. Why are you here?"
"I...I came home, like alway...I was late, because I dilly-dallied on the way home...just like alway. I could already hear him in the hall, Jin! He was back again! I had thought we were free of him, he wasn't home for weeks and I thought...I thought, that maybe he would be dead and it everything would be over!"
Taehyun sobed and I silently handed him a tissue, which he hesitantly accepted. He took a deep breath and continued the story.
"I heared screams down the hall and when I saw... my head just shut down, I can't rememer anything. When I regained consciousness, there was blood everywere and I was holding a broken glasbottle in my hand. I paniked when I saw him lifeless on the floor...there was so much blood, Jin!"
He looked at me with his face wet from his not ending tears and despair was written in his eyes. I grabbed his neck, still silent, and pulled him in a tight embrace. His heartbreaking sobs echoed in the empty house.
"Who died, Tae?", I asked surprisingly somposed finally.
"My father."
I gulped. We hadn't seen or spoken eachother for years. Four years ago, when everything still seemed all right, our group of friends allready knew, that Taehyun wasn't having the most caring family. But he hushed it all up, as if he wouldn't want to weight us down with it. Not once had one of our friend set a foot into Taehyuns home but now and then, when we were fooling around and his shirt sliped up, we could see the scars and wounds on his skin. No one had asked him about it and Taehyun himself never explained it. How stupid we were to let an important friend down...just because we tought we were too young to actually be of any help to him...just because we didn't want to fill our precious time together  with serious and hurting memories. Tears gathered in my eyes. How desperate must Teahyun have been all these years? How horrible he must have felt, when he saw us together with our families? And we left him by himself...
"I'm so sorry, Tae", I chocked out. "I am so...so sorry!"
"Hey, everything is alright", Taehyun tried to calm me quietly, "I...I should be the sorry one. I shouldn't have come here but I wasn't thinking straight... I wasn't thinking at all and before I knew it, I was standing outside your door. Forget what I told you just now...forget that I was here. I am sorry, Jin."
He tried to get up, but I dragged him down to the sofa again and forcefully wiped the tears from my face. This wasn't the time to regret old mistakes. The adorable and always happy Taehyun was sitting in front of me, the Taehyun who couldn't harm anyone... and this boy just told me, that he had killed his own abusive father. I took a deep breath.
"You said, that you heared screams. Who was with you?", I asked with a serious voice.
"My mom."
"Is she still at home?"
Taehyun shrugged his shoulders. "I don't know... I didn't pay any attention, I just ran."
I nodded silently and reflected. It didn't take long from Taehyuns flat to my house. If he was running, that he maybe needed ten to fifteen minutes. I looked at the clock.
"Call her" I commanded and handed Taehyun my phone.
"What?"
He watched confused how I got up and picked the bloody clothes from the floor. It would be the best to burn them.
"She shall stay in the flat and not open anyone. We get there in approximately one hour, until then she must not touch anything!"
"What do you-"
"Call her, Taehyun!", I shouted angry and he shrugged frightend before he looked down on my phone and tipped a number. Shortly after I heared him speak fast and quiet. While Taehyun calmed his also hysterical mother over the phone and  gave her instructions, I got rid of all evidences I could find. The pillows Taehyun had leant on, had faint bloodstains and so I ripped the covers from the pillows and trew them all on a pile with his clothes. Then I took a damp cloth and carfully wiped Taehyun's face, while he was still talking. His eyes fluttered thankful over to me and I gave him a reassuring smile.
"She is waiting for us", Taehyun said finally after he hung up.
"Good."
I got up and grabbed the younger to help him stand up. I then instructed him to take his shoes off and put some of mine on, because his own were also blood stained. I bent down to get rid of his shoes myself, when he didn't moved.
"Wait a moment, Seokjin", he stopped me. "What is going on? What are you doing?"
"What are you thinking?" I determined pulled his right shoe off his foot and threw it on the pile with his bloody clothes. "We're getting rid of the body. Do you actually belive that I let you go to jail? Not if we just met again!"
"Stop it!", Tae yelled and tried to winde his foot out of my grip. "You won't do this! I didn't came here to ask you for that. I will just... go to the police... maybe it's going to be counted as self-defence and I am still young so maybe the sentence won't be too bad. Jin, stop it now and look at me!"
I didn't took notice of him and ripped his second shoe off his foot, then I looked up to him.
"Maybe, maybe not! We don't know that, Taehyun! And you don't have any money to pay an acceptable lawyer, so just shut up for once and listen to what I tell you!"
"But...Jin..."
I pierced him with my gaze. I couldn't protect my family and lost them, when they died in this horrible car-crash a few months ago. I survived but didn't knew why. Why I was still here, why I was alone from know on or why I just couldn't forget. I had lost everything, I wouldn't also lose Taehyun, who drove my loneliness with his sudden appearance. Maybe that was why he ended up here. He needed help and so did I.
"You are still one of my best friends, Tae" I said quietly and stopped as he kneeled down beside me. "Please... let me help you. Stay with me."
He just nodded. I don't know, who hugged the other first but soon we were clinging onto eachother as if we were the lifebelt for the other, which would save us from drowning. It felt like an eternaty had passed, in wich we were sitting on the ground, hugging and just comforting eachother silently.
"Just the two of us won't make it", I murmured eventually.
"You want... you want to ask the others for help?" Taehyun asked scared.
I shrugged my shoulders and finally stood up. "We'll let them deside...come on."
Taehyun let me put a jaket over his shoulders without any resistance and he also put the shoes on, that I handed him without saying a word. As we left the house and I closed the door behind me, I instantly felt like I had also closed the door to my depression behind me. A fresh wind blew through my dark hair and I felt alive.

It was time to find my friends.


________________________

Puuh.... I hope that at least someone will like it...hopefully....
And I hope, that my english is not too bad :D

See you~