five.

Hocus-Pocus

I want to walk with you under the rain and sleep with you under the stars. But you deserve more and I can’t afford more.

 

            Yesterday, V-hyung went to the bar at Gangnam to meet a lady. He brushed his tears away, drew his playful smile and unmade one button of his shirt. He didn’t go back to the dorm last night. Today, we got ourselves a sponsor.

            It was a day off. A month had passed. I went to her place and it was as messy as I ever remembered. She went home weary with heavy books in her bag. Her refrigerator was empty. With whatever change left in my pocket, we ended up eating ramen with no side dish. She smiled at me. “One day I want to travel the world and eat like this.”

            I smiled at her—obligatory response—and noticed her bruised feet; a result of her worn out shoes. One day I am going to buy you shoes.

            She talked about her dreams as if reality was not the only thing she had now and fell asleep on my side. The witching hour had come. Where are you? The manager had texted minutes ago. It was supposed to be a day off for the group but I had a job today.

            I looked at her and thought that she was as beautiful as her dreams, while I was as dirty as my reality. I kissed her goodbye.

            Today, I called a taxi and told the driver to drop me at hotel in Gangnam. I brushed my tears away and the thought of her away. I texted her sorry; I couldn’t go back tonight. Tomorrow, we would get a concert and I would drop a new shoes in front of her door.