Chapter 2

Dear No One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The nurses and doctors had recommended that I write to someone. I decided to give it a go. So here is my first letter.

 

“Dear Nobody, Its Wednesday, November 25, 2015. And I’m at the hospital again. They are trying a new breathing treatment for me. The nurses give me sympathetic looks and treat me nicely. But I just wanna be home. I’m happy though to be away from the people at school, that aren’t my friends. They seem like they just wanna see me crack from pressure. So how’s your life, Nobody? Did you have a nice morning? Did you wake up and see the sun rise or did you wake up in a hospital like me? If you did I’m sorry. I know how that feels. I’m in the Pediatric Ward. If we ever meet, I will help you get through the tough and rumble times and we will be good friends. I have to go nobody. The nurses need me for tests.

                                    Sincerely, Lauren Yuri Song

“Lauren, are you ready?” Nurse Maria says bringing a wheelchair into my room.

“Here’s my letter, Nurse Maria. I’m done with it” I say handing to her as she helps me into the wheelchair.

“What do we have today?” I ask.

“You have a blood test and a chest x-ray and a lung function test. Then your mom is coming to pick you up for school tomorrow” Nurse Maria says as she swings by the nurses station to hand lead nurse Lil my letter.

“Good Afternoon Lauren, today we are just going to do a little poke in your arm and take a blood sample” Phlebotomist Anna says.

Nurse Maria comes back shortly after the blood test and takes me down to the Radiology Department.

“Good Afternoon Lauren, I’m radiologist tech Yuri Milan and we are going to take a chest x-ray. Now I just want you to come here and stand on the X and then I’m going to bring this bar down and you just rest your hands on it.” The tech says.

*After the pictures are done*

Nurse Maria picks me up and takes me to the respiratory therapist.

After the therapist, Nurse Maria takes me back to my room.

*At the Nu’est Dorms*

I wake to the sound of someone running to the bathroom and then the sound of vomiting. I get up and crack open the door where JR is already at the bathroom door, knocking on it. He next tries the door-handle and it’s unlocked. He heads in and heads back out and heads to the kitchen, then comes back to the bathroom and hands it to the person bent over the toilet and rubs the person’s back.

Then I creep out of my room and towards the bathroom. I notice the person bent over the toilet is Ren.

“You feeling okay, Ren?” I ask.

Just as I ask, he bends over the toilet and vomits up a red phlegm.

“I think we should have him seen by a doctor” JR says.

“No, ple

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter