Chapter 3

Dear No One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ren ran a high fever during the middle of the night and we ran him to the E.R where the doctors admitted him overnight. On the way to the E.R. Baekho hugged Ren and calmed his shaking body. We visited Ren the following morning and the nurse said he had trouble sleeping last night and so Baekho climbed into Ren's hospital bed and hugged him while he slept. Doctors had said that Ren needed to do his Chemo treatment and Ren began to cry and the nurses allowed Baekho to stay and hug him while the rest of our group left ...

Ren's head hurt and his stomach hurt after his chemo session and Baekho knew this when he saw that pale look on Ren's face. He hugged Ren and went to get him some food for his stomach. 

The doctor came in while Baekho was getting food.

“It doesn’t look good Ren, the cancer is not responding to treatment and I’m afraid we will be doing surgery on May 16th, 2016 at 8:00 in the morning to remove the tumor” Dr. Huang responded.

“But what will happen if surgery fails?” Ren asked feeling quite fragile at that moment.

“We will be trying a new experimental drug therapy with you and if it comes to the point where your cancer becomes too far advanced; we will allow you to live the remainder of your life with your friends” Dr. Huang replied.

With that the doctor left and Ren felt like he was going to ooze onto the floor of the hospital room.

Baekho returned moments later and set the food on the table before rushing over to his friend to calm him down.

“What’s wrong, Ren. Is it your stomach?” Baekho asked his eyes flashed with worry.

“No, Doc came in while you were gone and told me, I need surgery” Ren replied letting out a sad sigh.

“Don’t worry Ren, we will be here right when you wake up in the recovery room and we will visit often” Baekho said his friend’s hand.

“Thank you” Ren replied as Baekho brought the food to him.

He nibbled off a piece of bread and took a small swing of water.

Suddenly his stomach gurgled and he reached for a bowl and threw up.

The nurse came in later to check on him and administer his meds. She also shooed out Baekho claiming visiting hours were over. Ren went to sleep that night with his stomach empty and raw. But the water, Baekho had brought him sat on the nightstand and Ren reached over and took a small sip from the bottle. It was lukewarm but that didn’t matter because the water felt good sliding down his throat.

He closed his eyes and went back to slee

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter