ch13

Are You Sure?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Wonwoo stares up at the front of the biology lab with gritted teeth, really? Seriously?

"Nice to meet you guys, I'm Kim Taehyung!" The purple haired kid does an energetic bow, and then makes his way to his seat, which thankfully, is very far away from himself and Mingyu. Of all lessons, he just has to be in Wonwoo's biology, aka his supposed alone time with Mingyu.

"Stop sulking," Mingyu teases quietly, amused by the way his boyfriend is so disturbed and agitated by the appearance of Kim Taehyung.

Wonwoo turns to him, eyeing the new guy at the same time, "does it look like I'm sulking?"

"Uhm, yes. Very much, actually." Mingyu can't help but feel satisfaction from a jealous Wonwoo, even though he's supressing his worries about what Taehyung's doing back in Korea, or more specifically, back in his own life. Things didn't exactly... end with Taehyung. They just sort of lost contact over the years.

"He's been staring at you this whole freaking time, Mingyu. It's like he's got pixelated hearts etched in his eyes, it's gross." Wonwoo speaks into his sleeve, as he sits his chin on his palm. "What are you going to say if he wants to get back together?"

Mingyu gives him a calm smile, "you don't know if he wants that." Even though he's pretty sure he does (but Wonwoo doesn't need to know that... yet).

"He's literally waiting for you to turn around and notice him!" Wonwoo's voice grows dangerously louder, "he stared into your eyes the whole time he was introducing himself to the class!"

"Technically, we're old friends, so he's probably just comfortable looking at a face he recognises."

Wonwoo rolls his eyes in irritation, "oh yeah? Well let's see if he eye s Jun or the other guys at break then, huh?"

"Are you seriously getting angry? Wow, the last time that happened, I ended up with bruised lips. Keep being angry, hyung." This comment manages to bring an embarrassed smile to Wonwoo's lips.

"I'm not gonna make out with you in biology class, Mingyu. Or anywhere in public. You know why..." He trails off, and Mingyu simply nods. "But," he adds, and the younger turns to him expectantly.

Wonwoo reaches for Mingyu's left hand under their desk, entwining their fingers. The loving warmth brings an uncontrollable grin to Mingyu's face, who can only look down at the table to avoid anyone catching him making such a face. "We can do this," he whispers.

"Now neither of us can write, hyung."

"That's your fault for being left handed."

Mingyu's mouth drops open, "you're unbelievable."

"And you're unbelievably crazy for me," Wonwoo smirks, using his thumb to rub circles on top of Mingyu's hand.

There's a pause, and then a quiet scoff. "Yeah, I am." His voice drops into a quiet sigh, "I love you." The words escape before he allows them to, and they sit, being binded in the most thrilling tension.

Moments pass, and Wonwoo still hasn't said anything back. It becomes apparent that he's not going to, but the grip on Mingyu's hand tightens just a little; it's warm and assuring. And it's all that Mingyu needs for now.

 

 

Fortunately, Taehyung is called to stay behind so the teacher can make sure he is okay with everything, and the couple use the chance to escape while he's occupied.

"Hey guys," Jisoo gives them his eye smile as they approach the rest of the group hanging by the hallways.

Chan turns around, "so have you seen Taehyung hyung yet?" The others look at Mingyu expectantly.

"Actually, he's in our biology," Wonwoo cuts in, grumbling.

"Why are you so annoyed?" Soonyoung questions, crumpling up his juice carton and chucking it into the bin on the other side of the corridor with perfect aim. "You don't like him?"

Wonwoo mentally applauds himself sarcastically, "um. I'm not annoyed, just kind

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter