Episode 2: Door Dating Game

We Got Married Season 6 (SEVENTEEN's Joshua Hong x OC Shin SooAh)

[SHIN SOOAH’s Interview]

W: Welcome back. I see that you managed to complete the puzzle within the time given.  

SSA: Of course. I’m someone who keeps my words well. I told you that I won’t end this program without knowing who my partner is.

 

W: Now that you know who your partner is, have you seen him in person?  

SSA: I did not only see him in person. I’ve worked with him for a project. That’s really surprising because we were at the same filming site on the day I received my first mission. Did he even know that I’m his partner?

 

W: Are you satisfied with your pairing?

SSA: Well… How should I say this without hurting his feeling? Hmmm… I have to get to know him better first before I can answer your question.

 

*We Got Married Studio*

MS: They were in the same music video. How did the new groom hide his identity from her?

JH: Maybe because he didn’t have any solo scene with SooAh.

EN: But if you watch the music video properly, they were sitting side by side in the classroom.

MS: Really?

EN:  Please do your homework Noona.

 

*In Shin SooAh’s Car*

“Oppa, where are we going?” SooAh asked her manager.

 

“Oh… you don’t want to tell me… fine… Unnie~ where are we going?” she then asked her stylist.

 

SooAh was ignored by both her manager and stylist. She sighed. She was bored. She did not know what to do. Slowly, SooAh moved closer to the camera placed behind the passenger’s seat. She decided to have a conversation with the camera since the people in the car were ignoring her.

 

“Hello…” SooAh waved at the camera.

 

“Actually, I know where we are going. Let me show you something,” she showed off her smartphone.

 

“Yesterday, I’ve received a text message from the groom. He suggested that we should meet at this café. I’m so nervous… What should I do?” she pressed her cheeks.

 

*We Got Married Studio*

EN: She is cute.

MS: Is she that same person who we knew in School 2015?

 

[SHIN SOOAH’s Interview]

W: Are you excited to meet your partner?

SSA: I’m nervous… I don’t even know if he knows I’m his partner.

 

W: Didn’t he send a text message to you?

SSA: Well… the fact that it doesn’t have any greetings… I don’t think he knows. Maybe it’s not even him who sent me the text message.

 

W: Have you been to Café 95 before?

SSA: I’ve heard about the café but I haven’t been there. Level one has a concept of a typical café while level two only opens during examination period for students to study. They also open level two for special occassions. 

 

*Café 95*

SooAh entered the café alone. She looked around to search for her partner. However, to her disappointment, there was no sign of him there, “He’s not here yet…”

 

“One chocolate hazelnut milkshake and… hmmm… what should I order for him?” SooAh was wondering if she should order a drink for her partner as well. After thinking for quite some time, she decided to order the same drink as hers.

 

SooAh took the buzzer given to her and searched for an empty table. She found one near the staircase to level two. She quickly walked to the empty table and chose to sit inside where she could hide from the people who were staring at her. They seemed disgusted while SooAh felt uncomfortable.

 

*We Got Married Studio*

MS: Poor girl…

EN: it must be hard for her to be alone.

JH: The main reason why she is always seen with her manager and stylist.

 

*Café 95*

A waiter approached SooAh to serve her orders. First, he placed two chocolate hazelnut milkshakes on the table. Then, he placed two pieces of tissue papers with a familiar golden envelope, “Please proceed to level two after you’ve read the content.”

 

SooAh nodded and thanked the waiter. After he left, she opened the golden envelope. She took out the mission card. She smiled as she read every sentence, “I knew it.”

 

[Mission #2

 

Congratulations! You have solved the puzzle within the time frame given. It is time to meet your groom.

 

But first… from ONE to THIRTEEN, choose a room number where you think he is waiting for you. When you open the door, please say, “Hi… My name is Shin SooAh.” If you get the same reply with his name, MISSION SUCCESS. If you want any hints, please watch the video on your phone. Instructions are written on the video.

 

*You are only given three tries. Failure to guess the correct door, you will not be given any reward for your first date.]

 

[SHIN SOOAH’s Interview]

W: What do you think of Mission #2?

SSA: I’ve already expected that the mission has something to do with doors. I knew that somehow I’ll have to go to level two.

 

W: Have you played “Dating Door” game before?

SSA: Yes… through fanmade videos. I played it with my friends in Singapore. I never thought that I would get the chance to play it real life. It’s interesting.

 

W: Are you confident in choosing the right door?

SSA: I’m not sure. I used to be lucky with my biases from other groups when I played it with my friends. However, I do believe that I’ll choose the correct door for the first three tries.

 

*Café 95*

SooAh opened the first door that she had chosen, “Hi… My name is Shin SooAh.” She expected a reply. However, the man looked at her blankly. He did not expect that SooAh would choose the room that he was in.

 

“Before I go, I’m sorry…” SooAh apologized to him. In the music video, she was instructed to slap him.

 

Feeling disappointed, SooAh slowly walked to the second door of her choice. She really hopes that her groom would be in that room. She felt awkward to meet the other members first before her groom.

 

SooAh knocked the door. Someone opened it and pulled her inside the room. SooAh did not even get a chance to say out her mission sentence.

 

“It’s dangerous so walk on the inside,” he rapped a line from “Manse”.

 

“Wrong door again…” she sighed.

 

“Why aren’t you sleeping? I’m in front of your house. Can you come out for a moment?” he rapped to another line.

 

“No! I’m not at home. See you soon!” SooAh played along. However, she quickly closed the door before he could reply her. SooAh did not want to see him get any weirder.

 

*We Got Married Studio*

JH: I don’t think she’ll be able to find her partner.

EN: It makes me wonder if her groom’s mission is as difficult as her.

 

[SHIN SOOAH’s Interview]

W: It’s your final chance. It seems like you can’t guess the correct door?

SSA: Thirteen doors… it’s difficult. It’s not something that you can do with only one try unless you are a really lucky person.

 

W: Are you going to give up?

SSA: No! Never! I still believe that I can do it!

 

*We Got Married Studio*

MS: She’s someone who doesn’t give up easily even when she has failed a lot of time.

JH: SooAh makes the impossible possible.

EN:  That explains how she acted so well.

 

*Café 95*

SooAh only had one chance left. She did not care about the reward. She cared about her partner’s feelings. He would be very disappointed if he knows that SooAh did not manage to choose the right room where he had been waiting for her. SooAh took in a deep breath before she opened the last door of her choice. She closed her eyes as she opened the door, “Hi… My name is Shin SooAh.”

 

He stood directly in front of her. With a sweet smile, he said, “Hi… My name is Joshua Hong.”


Have fun guessing which Seventeen member is your date! 

 

Author's Note: 
Hello~ Episode 2 took a little longer than expected as I had so many things to do. I hope you'll enjoy reading it. Thank you!