Halloween time!

Precious Omega: Halloween edition!

The rustling of silk on silk grated a little on Seokjin’s ears as he smiles for the little pups that come out on October 31st in costumes that fit a wide variety of cuteness as he hands out little candies to the pups, their parents hanging back as they let the younger ones learn how to approach strange werewolves for one day a year.

“Thank you mister!” The little boy in the fake vampire costume grins, his natural fangs glinting in the pale light that spills out onto the front porch of their house.

“Your welcome!” Jin smiles, one hand waving as the other holds the container that is 2/3 empty. His stomach only protrudes slightly, the baby bump barely noticeable unless you really look hard for it.

Halloween is a weird tradition when Jimin thinks about it, the younger Omega sitting on the couch, watching some random anime rerun as he and Jin take turns handing out candies to the pups in costumes. He’d never heard of it before as his old Pack was isolated enough that anything new from the cities was still a rumor to them.

Their history book that Jimin read had mentioned that regular humans had invented the tradition in America, though the human genome is nearly extinct now after the Alpha-Beta war when Alpha’s thought humans were weak creatures and wanted to remove them from the world. The few hundred humans who are left, from what Jimin remembers reading from the council, live in a special compound in America, from all nationalities around the world.

The doorbell rings, startling Jimin out of his thoughts and Jin looks at him. “Your turn.” Jin says, focusing on the TV.

Jimin gets up, and puts a smile on his face as he opens the door with the container in hand. “Omo!” He gasps, seeing the female pups standing in the doorway. “Such beautiful costumes for pretty pups!”

“Thank you mister!”

“Trick or treat!”

“Momma, he thinks we’re pretty!”

The chorus of voices die down as Jimin lets them pick out their candies from the bucket, smiling as each of them smile, thank him and head back to the cluster of parents at the end of the walkway.

“Hyung, do you want a boy or a girl?” Jimin asks as the older Omega comes back from the kitchen with a plate of small sandwiches.

Jin his head and smiles softly. “I don’t know, honestly.” He tells Jimin as another knock on the door sounds, signaling his turn for handing out treats. “You?”

Jimin waits until after the older Omega has answered the door, chewing on his bottom lip as he’s lost in thought about the question. “Honestly, I want a girl.” He tells Jin.

“Really? With the way Hoseok blabbers, he’s pretty sure you are gonna have a boy.” Jin snickers as Jimin’s eyes grow wide.

Before they can continue the conversation, Jungkook and Hoseok come in the door, hands full of groceries and things for the house.

“Remind me next year never go shopping on Halloween.” Jungkook groans as he drops down in front of the TV, eyeballing the sandwiches that Jin made.

“No.” Jin smacks his mate’s hand away from the food, eyes narrowing. “We haven’t eaten much because of the pups trick or treating.” He scolds the youngest of them all.

“Taehyung just called.” Hoseok comes into the room, and tosses a bag of chips at Jungkook before handing another one to Jimin. “He wants to bring the babies by.”

It’s only been a few months, but the bubbly Omega had been restricted to his house after the twins were born due to the sheer amount of attention the twins require.

It didn’t help that Namjoon, one of Taehyung’s mates, had gotten a last minute assignment to scout out another remote Pack near the coast of the country after the twins were born, forced to go out even though he’s supposed to have 6 months off, though Yoongi’s lucky his work let him off for 4 months.

Jimin thinks that Jungkook and himself are lucky that their mates both work for the council so they get the automatic 6 months off, though he feels bad for Taehyung. Namjoon works for the council, but Yoongi’s a producer for a radio station that’s pretty strict on their paternity leave.

“Yah! Jimin, are you listening?” Hoseok waves a hand in front of his spaced out mate.

“Wha? Oh, sorry hyung.” Jimin blushes as he realizes the others are staring at him.

“You ok? You seem to be spacing out a lot.” Jungkook asks.

“Yeah, I’m fine.” Jimin replies. “Just thinking how lucky Jin hyung and I are that you two will get your time off.”

Hoseok glances at Jungkook, and smiles, though it feels a little strained to Jimin’s eyes. “As long as the remote packs don’t cause more issues, we’ll be fine.” Jungkook replies carefully. “But we’ll worry about that 5 months from now!”

Trick or treaters at the door again break the slight buildup of tension as Jimin takes his turn handing out candies.

“Hold!” A familiar voice calls out as Jimin’s about to shut the door and the Omega breaks out into a grin as he sees Yoongi holding one of the twins while Taehyung is getting another out of the back of the car.

“You need any help?” Jimin asks, seeing Taehyung struggling with the fussier of the two pups and the big bag that Jimin can see sticking halfway out of the car.

“Sure!” Yoongi calls back.

They somehow manage to get Taehyung, Yoongi and the twins into the house without much fuss, the twins looking around in confusion at their surroundings as they pop in and out of their wolf forms, doing surprisingly well for one of their first visits outside of their home.

The twins are both male, even though Taehyung wanted girls, though it didn’t stop the Omega from making them lady bug costumes which are laying unworn over the diaper bag.

The trick or treaters are starting to become less frequent, and Jin insists on making food for everyone, even though Jungkook whines he’d rather order out than make his mate cook.

“You sure can tell which one is Namjoon’s.” Hoseok jokes, pointing out the fact that the oldest of the twins has ears that poke out more than the other twin.

“It’s more obvious when they are hungry or sleepy.” Taehyung groans as he stretches out on the floor, the pups crawling over to him as he relaxes on the soft carpet.

As if on cue, the younger twin yawns widely, and snuffs before shuffling over towards Yoongi, whining as he nudges against the Beta’s leg. “Oh, ok you spoilt baby.” Yoongi grins softly as he picks up his son, cradling the pup like a baby as the pup settles down and falls asleep nearly instantly.

“Holy hell. That’s just like you hyung.” Jungkook says in awe as they realize that the pup literally inherited Yoongi’s ability to fall asleep fast.

“Have you two picked out names for them yet?” Jin asks as he sets down some plates and napkins. Jimin’s getting drinks from the kitchen.

“Yeah, we’re waiting until Namjoon gets back from his assignment.” Yoongi informs them.

The food comes soon after, and everyone is too busy eating to talk, though there is a small moment of panic as Taehyung can’t find the older twin, until they realize the pup has managed to get up on the couch and has curled up against Jin’s favorite pillow as they are all sitting on the floor around the small coffee table.

Jungkook ends up on candy duty when everyone is full, and Hoseok insists on cleaning up while Jin, Jimin and Taehyung curl up together with the pups sleeping across their legs.

Even Yoongi’s having a hard time staying awake as they all coo over the pups until Yoongi falls asleep lying next to Taehyung.

“It’s like a big puppy pile.” Jungkook grins as he shuts the porch light off, not wanting any more trick or treaters to disturb the Omega’s in their sleep.

Hoseok grunts in agreement, his phone already out as he’s snapping pictures of the group so he can send them to Namjoon, even though they all know the Alpha’s not going to have cell signal in the remote area of the country he’s currently in.

“I hope this last for a long while.” Hoseok sighs later as he and Jungkook are doing some last minute paperwork in the living room, watching over the Omega’s, Yoongi and the pups.

“The quiet or the peace?” Jungkook asks, an eyebrow raised.

“Both.” The Beta smiles. “5 bucks says that by tomorrow, our mates will be back at each other’s throats over something silly like one forgetting to put the milk back in the proper spot in the fridge.”

Jungkook snorts, his face stretched out in a grin. “Or how about that time we went to see Jimin’s parents after their rehabilitation with the chips?”

“Oh god, that was the worst.” Hoseok moans. “I never want to hear Jimin whining about how hungry he is like that ever again!”

A grunt sounds from the pile of sleepers, and the Alpha and Beta still as they hear Jimin talking in his sleep about being hungry and wanting watermelon.

Hoseok groans quietly, palming his face as he knows it means that Jimin will be hungry once he wakes and watermelon is horribly expensive because it’s not in season at the stores.

Jungkook pats the Beta on the shoulder, until he hears Jin whining in his sleep with Jimin, and his eyes grow wide with fear. “Oh gods.” He whimpers. “I hope he wants something reasonable this time.”

The two stay quiet as the Omegas settle down, one of the pups sneezing softly as it shifts into Jin’s lap. They get lucky as the group stays quiet for a few hours, and Hoseok is nearly asleep when he hears a whine from Jin.

“Mate, we’re hungry.” He whines and Hoseok watches Jungkook go pale.

“What are you hungry for hyung?” The Alpha asks quietly.

“Hmm…honey butter chips…..no, melon flavored chicken…..mmm…or banana…or strawberry…or all of it.” Jin replies sleepily.

“Ok, I’ll go get all that for you.” Jungkook says, standing and stretching before slipping his coat on. “If you want anything else, have Hoseok call me.”

“M’kay mate.” Jin snuggles up to Jimin, wrapping himself around the other Omega as best he can before he falls back asleep.

“Well, at least it’s not baklava flavored ice cream.” Hoseok laughs dryly as Jungkook glares at him.

“I will go to the ends of the earth for him, but that .” Jungkook grumbles. “No more outrageous requests.”

“Go, before he gets cranky, and wakes the others.” Hoseok shoos him off as they see Taehyung stirring a little.

The Alpha leaves quietly, and nothing else happens until he returns nearly 45 minutes later, the smells of the food waking everyone but Yoongi and the pups up.

Later on, Jungkook thinks it’s worth the beaming smile on Jin’s face as the Omega finishes off what the others couldn’t eat as the clock strikes midnight, and signals that Halloween is over, and the hellish road of cravings, and mood swings will be worth it when they get to take their pup out for its first Halloween next year along with Jimin and Hoseok’s pup.

But now, all he wants is to fall asleep next to his mate, and he smiles sleepily as Hoseok manages to wiggle his way into the Omega pile to snuggle against his own mate as the others slumber peacefully into the night, before sleep overtakes Jungkook and blankets the share house in quiet.


A/N: Happy Halloween everyone!!!